• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

loosus said:
I don't know if PlayStation 3 is "doomed," per se. But Sony definitely has no dominating voice in the industry, anymore. Whereas the industry used to follow Sony, I don't think anybody's gonna give a shit, anymore.
neoGAF will always care about Sony. Even until Hirai crashes his Ferrari and Harrison gets tied up with the East European Mafia.

JavyOO7

Branduil said:
The meltdowns are coming fast.

I'm a bit curious why Nintendo increased their supply so much with no really huge Wii games out this month.

Strikers was fairly big for the month, though it came at the end of the month.

Branduil said:
The meltdowns are coming fast.

I'm a bit curious why Nintendo increased their supply so much with no really huge Wii games out this month.

maybe the demand is just that damn huge...

which is scary.

DuckRacer

So, let me get this straight: the 360 outsold the PS3, with the bad press about the warranty announcement, with rumors flying about a pricedrop, without a single notable game release... and the PS3 had a $100 pricedrop fire sale, with the 5 Blu-ray movies free deal.

Sony is screwed in America.

As for Nintendo... OMG. Reggie is wiping his ass with $100 bills on a solid gold toilet at this very moment.

HomShaBom

Banned
Boy now that those images are banned, every post here will be of some value. We can discuss these numbers like Bloomberg analysts, we shall analyze, damage control and spin.

Some more numbers, sorry no top 20 tonight at least.

Massive sales increase, primarily due to HW sales.

YOY Results
------------------
VG HW +77% ($675.6mm vs $925.5mm)
--- Console HW +140.7%
--- Portable HW -1.0%
VG SW +11%
--- Console SW +15.9%
--- Portable SW -1.5%
VG Accessories +51%

All Categories +37%

justjohn

HomShaBom said:
Boy now that those images are banned, every post here will be of some value. We can discuss these numbers like Bloomberg analysts, we shall analyze, damage control and spin.
i'm actually surprised it this long to enforce the rule. this thread feels more mature now

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Odysseus said:
can we not just let ps3forums exist in their own little vacuum? we already have our own supply of nutjobs as it is.

You need a new tag.

mugwhump

Triz said:

Poor Sony
HOLY SHIT THAT ELEPHANT JUST ATE OUT OF THE OTHER ELEPHANT'S BUTT. XD

ALSO NO IMAGES WTF SONYCOWBOY I HATE YOU. :mad:

I NEED MY ELEPHANT SCAT

GreekWolf

TheGreatDave said:
"Lefein" at the PS3 forums doubts that Sonycowboy can get official numbers. Don't bank on them too much guys
:lol

Sonycowboy? More like MicrosoftCowboy in sheep's clothing amirite??

indie85

Banned
Ok, so PS3 is now globally outselling Xbox360, the japan sales more than make up for the difference in USA now and also PS3 is beginning to edge ahead in Europe too. I dont see how this is bad news.

RumFore

Banned
loosus said:
I don't know if PlayStation 3 is "doomed," per se. But Sony definitely has no dominating voice in the industry, anymore. Whereas the industry used to follow Sony, I don't think anybody's gonna give a shit, anymore.

Tell that to SqaureEnix and Konami.

VALIS

FortunateSon said:
People use the excuse Sony dropped the price by$100 and still couldn't out sell the 360? Well, what do you expect, the Ps3 is till $100+ more expensive than the 360 no? So the numbers seems pretty fair.

Again, I can't believe people are saying Sony is done in NA. Wii won it if you play that way.

Both the Ps3 and 360 are fighting for 2nd place and that can change.

The 360 is 4.3 million ahead of the PS3 in the US. The PS3 will also never have the price advantage, the best it can hope for is being the same price as the 360 in time. It's over, dude.

Tideas

Banned
omg rite said:
Keep telling yourself that's the only thing going on here.

Thanks!

Do you have the GBA and/or PS2 LTDs?

Price...is everything.

a $129 console outselling a $300/$400 console? Whodathunk.

A $300 console outselling a $500 console? Whodathunk.

A $129 handheld outselling a $169 handheld? Whodathunk

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
A thought re: Wii's insane sales. Perhaps along with increased shipments, the new online retailers sell more Wii's in reality than estimated? I'm just trying to wrap my head around a near 30K a week increase in a month without a significant release.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GreekWolf said:
Oh how I luvs me some spinnin :lol

The 360 sold 170k units in a month BEFORE the price drop and without a heavy-hitter like Bioshock.

But you knew that already, right? The PS3 and 360 are in completely different universes right now, and no one can state otherwise. Sony desperately needed to come out ahead THIS MONTH while holding all the cards.

Show me the spin. Do you think 360 will make a huge jump next month? Beat the Wii? Beat PS2? I honestly don't. Sorry.

360 had a heavy hitter. NCAA Football. It was first this month. In Aug, Madden is the heavy hitter, not Bioshock (sorry) btw. Wii is the console that's in a completely different universe right now. I don't even LIKE the goddamned thing either. But these numbers in the dead of summer? Forget it.

Sony is more screwed (at least they can spin PS2/PSP numbers) than MS right now but MS sure isn't in a happy place.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
no gifs?

then i am off to find my month supply of gifs else where.. it was fun guys.. good job wii... keep up the great work 360... sorry sony.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
indie85 said:
Ok, so PS3 is now globally outselling Xbox360, the japan sales more than make up for the difference in USA now and also PS3 is beginning to edge ahead in Europe too. I dont see how this is bad news.

Not for July...

As I said in the Matt C. sales thread, I think it's over from here on out for PS3...at least when it comes to outselling either of its competitors on a monthly basis in NA. NA is Wii60 country officially now.

Odysseus

Banned
AniHawk said:
Hardware LTD:

360: 5.95m
Wii: 3.62m
PS3: 1.61m

NDS: 12.23m
PSP: 8.15m

PS2: 38.89m
GBA: 36.74m

that 360-wii margin was ~3.4 million at the beginning of the year.

360 price drop, holidays coming, how much can nintendo possibly supply?, etc.

over/under: number of months before wii is in the lead in america? put me down for 8. at the end of march npd, we will be welcoming our new overlords.

besada

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
"Lefein" at the PS3 forums doubts that Sonycowboy can get official numbers. Don't bank on them too much guys

Lefein is crazy and has been getting crazier at each NPD. He's the only reason I go to the ps3forums anymore. I'm waiting on the inevitable breakdown followed by a note from his mom that's he's no longer playing those videogames.

D3RANG3D

indie85 said:

Que?

Top Bottom