• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

It's starting to look like that "Xbox One sales were double" PR will be the only information we'll get out of Microsoft this month.

times have changed my friend...a lot. All this resolution, frame rate and textures talk is much stronger now. I'm talking about his generation, not those you mentioned.

Yes, because that talk didn't exist at all when the Wii was kicking everyone's ass...

The Xbox One was ruined not by tech specs, but by Kinect, anti-consumer decisions, and even worse PR.

CoG

SnIv0PQ.png

.....lol

Wow. Hard times in Redmond for sure.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow. Great for MK8, Being the best selling SKU on the worst selling platform is a bit of an achievement. Good.

Great for PS4 results as well.

The XB1 results are kinda not good. A nice boost, sure, but still not the turnaround that Microsoft hoped and wanted it to be.

The PS3 chalkboard worked because the things on it were being said by a lot of Sony fans. Many things on this chalkboard I have never heard anyone say.

Let the haters have their moment. The XBO is clearly doing worse than the PS4, but how is it doing overall? I imagine not as bad as internet forums would have some believe.

lefantome

140k for Wii U is ok neither good neither bad, it was their most important ip btw.

3DS is goind down fast, last year was like 220k or so.

Bundy

Banned
- PlayStation 4 was #1 in sales for the sixth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
- PlayStation 4 was #1 for next generation software sales, with PS4 leading two of the top three titles.
- PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3) for the month.
- The biggest next generation software titles, including Watch_Dogs, UFC and FIFA 14, were #1 on PlayStation 4, further demonstrating that PS4 is the platform of choice for blockbuster games.

Very damn impressiv! PlayStation dominating!

They pulled the numbers out their ass.

Maybe it's what I've guessed:

That's how I am reading it.

June 9th till mid of July = 2x May

The Llama

It's starting to look like that "Xbox One sales were double" PR will be the only information we'll get out of Microsoft this month.

Seems like that was their PR for the month. Not that I blame them. They're quickly turning into Sony from the PS360 gen. And I didn't blame Sony then (though it sucked the numbers stopped being so open), so I won't blame MS now.

vpance

Presumably MS would already have access to NPD numbers since yesterday or even earlier. But they chose to use their internal figures instead..

ryan299

How do you link tweets on this?

Ian Sherr on twitter says, quoting MS that "the 360 and X1 combined sold the most games across all console platforms."

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
175k for Tomodachi. Really?!

That's great. I don't what Nintendo's expectations were for the software title but it's definitely a good start for a new ip.

It's the residual effect from the MK8 launch.

Really, it all depends on how well Nintendo can sustain that number.

If it dips right back into the Wii U's usual territory in the coming months...
It will certainly dip in to the holiday.

The major victory for Nintendo, if one had to be identified, is one of better mindshare. They got the system in to homes for once. It definitely won't be long-term, but it showed it can be done with a big enough title. They just need to put forth smaller games between the big ones.

Not having anything between Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors was a stupid huge mistake, though.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
About as good a performance for Wii U/MK8 as Nintendo could have reasonably expected.

Of course Nintendo has a big fat zero for July and August to in theory continue momentum..

Mrbob

Ian Sherr
@iansherr
More confusing, the data released yesterday by Xbox isn't #NPD, it was internal sales surveys. So we can't even compare "more than doubled"

^ what does this mean?

lol

Does this mean Wii U might have topped XB1? Who knows what data MS was pulling from.

RedAssedApe

Banned
not surprised at ghosts still being up there

gaf vitrol towards COD doesn't translate into bad sales for this franchise. not to be captain obvious or something but COD > GAF and messageboards in general. :)

Elios83

PS4 is starting to lead the way not only in hardware sales but in software sales as well with Xbox One software sales falling behind 360 sales on many titles, which is a very bad sign.
Unfortunately for Microsoft offering the Xbox One without Kinect didn't have a huge impact.
All the 180s they have made so far have rightfully corrected the mistakes made by Mattrick,Ballmer&Co. but they also left the product without a clear identity while most people seem to be happy to play the best versions of multiplatform games on PS4.
Worse thing for Microsoft is that Sony has actually a better schedule for the rest of the year with all the partnerships that matters (like Destiny, GTAV remaster and so on) locked down, not to mention TLOU and the launch of the PSNow service later this month.

It almost makes me wonder if the "more than double" claim will actually not mathematically work out with NPD numbers. That would be crazy after we have been thinking that the Xbox One sales were at least double last month. What if, at least on NPD, they are not double?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
About as good a performance for Wii U/MK8 as Nintendo could have reasonably expected.

Of course Nintendo has a big fat zero for July and August to in theory continue momentum..

Yeah, I think this is pretty solid for what they had, and more encouraging than their bumps in other regions.

But yes, as you noted...

Son Of D

Doubt it, as fall approaches and all the big multiplats hit XB1 will probably grow and Wii U shrink.

I'll give you the multiplat games, but I can see Wii U putting up a fight though. Good holiday bundles plus Smash Bros should keep it going for a little while.

DieH@rd

Banned
PS4 is unstoppable. Sold better in Titanfall month, sold better when Xbone went down to $400.

What is even more worse for MS... July, August and September will be firmly in PS4's corner. But MS will have a chance to win November and December [when they inevitably throw ungodly amount of money on marketing and promotions].

Top Bottom