• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

jvm

Gamasutra.
pslayer666 said:
I don't know if all the numbers actually were found out through detective work, but I just stampled on this today:
npda.jpg

Hmmmm.... is this ok to post?
What's the source ... I see the GT logo, but I'm not sure why GT would be doing this.

If true, I was off by $10 on my Xbox 360 ASP, and I totally bungled by GBA sales estimate.

szaromir

Banned
From Anita Frazier:
"We are now reporting sales at the total platform level instead of the SKU level but if we were reporting the top 10 SKU's, Halo: Reach would have been #10 this month."
So it seems incorrect.

jvm said:
What's the source ... I see the GT logo, but I'm not sure why GT would be doing this.

If true, I was off by $10 on my Xbox 360 ASP, and I totally bungled by GBA sales estimate.

Invisible Walls podcast on GT :|

2nd half of the show is just NPD discussion with the numbers and a bunch of other shit from that not shown on the charts here.

Haunted

pslayer666 said:
I don't know if all the numbers actually were found out through detective work, but I just stampled on this today:
npda.jpg

Hmmmm.... is this ok to post?
Link to the source podcast(?) with timestamp please :)

Haunted

pslayer666 said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-139-invisible-walls/708767

Timestamp I don't know, 2nd half of the show, I didn't know you guys are so demanding, jeez :lol

edit: timestamp 12:16 i suppose :p
Thanks.

Yeah, this is serious business. ;)

edit: video doesn't start for me as well. I won't say that they had to take it down because of this, but it's a possibility. I suppose someone at GT didn't think this through. :eek: Good job taking a snapshot regardless.

Haunted said:
Thanks.

Yeah, this is serious business. ;)

edit: video doesn't start for me as well. I won't say that they had to take it down because of this, but it's a possibility. I suppose someone at GT didn't think this through. :eek: Good job taking a snapshot regardless.

video is still working for me o_O... how about trying to download the ipod version? That'll work, the flash video was giving me grief as well first couple of times I tried to access it ....

Eitherway, I'm not making this up, that's why I got the screenshots... and just in case it really isn't working for you guys, I got the mp4 saved on my pc as well, then we could find some manner to re-distribute that instead :lol

edit: http://www.gametrailers.com/show/invisible-walls you can find all the formats of the episode here, for mp4, right click and chose Save As....

also:
Episode 139

Holiday presents for all our loyal listeners! Questions and sales statistics for all!

Chrange

Banned
szaromir said:
From Anita Frazier:

So it seems incorrect.

Individual SKU might have meant splitting the various editions of COD up, something the GT graph might not have done. I'm not sure that would have made enough of a difference, but you never know.

NeoUltima

pslayer666 said:
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/pslayer666_2/npda.jpg

Hmmmm.... is this ok to post?[/QUOTE]
4 Gamecubes, 10 GBAs :lol

Busaiku

A couple more figures from the IW episode:
Dance Central - 350k
Kinect Sports - 323k
Halo Reach - 355k
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit PS3 - 203k
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 360 - 201k
Metroid Other M LTD ~ 300k
Iron Man 2 DS - >40k
Michael Jackson The Experience ~ 100k
Goldeneye Wii - 73k

36. Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 360
41. FIFA 360 - 98k
Number 60 game sold about 75k.

Wheel of Fortune Wii > Kinectimals

Since NFS sold 417k total, that'd mean the PC/Wii games did 13k total.

Kenka

Busaiku said:
Dance Central - 350k
Halo Reach - 355k

Hmm, Reggie did tell us about a 500k figure for Other M in NA some time ago. Can't find the source though. Does anyone remember it ? Or did I just dream...

Dai101

Banned
Busaiku said:
Dance Central - 350k
Halo Reach - 355k
Iron Man 2 DS - >40k

41. FIFA 360 - 98k
Number 60 game sold about 75k.

WOW, Now that's really surprising

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kenka said:
Hmm, Reggie did tell us about a 500k figure for Other M in NA some time ago. Can't find the source though. Does anyone remember it ? Or did I just dream...
It's quite believable that they shipped 500,000, but only sold 300,000 through to consumers.

With Prime's sales, most retailers would have given them the benefit of the doubt regarding better sales.

Such a large overship would also explain why he was acting like it really wasn't going to move any higher.

donny2112

Nirolak said:
It's quite believable that they shipped 500,000, but only sold 300,000 through to consumers.

:/ Reggie referencing shipments vs. sales in an interview strikes again!

P.S. This is now the longest NPD thread still on the forum.

Edit:
Chrange said:
Individual SKU might have meant splitting the various editions of COD up, something the GT graph might not have done. I'm not sure that would have made enough of a difference, but you never know.

It looks like COD:BlOps is still combined, but not Wii Fit Plus. A combined Wii Fit Plus would be > Halo Reach, putting it at #10. At least that question has a probable answer, now. Maybe the 360 AC:Brotherhood total is the combined number but the regular SKU position?

RETROEX

Just a question, wasn´t Kinect sports the top seller kinect game? if so... how many units do you think it has sold?

nevermind, i just saw the figures...

Ridley327

apana said:
So Metroid was a sales disaster? Not good.
If the numbers are accurate, it hasn't even outsold Prime 1's first month (Nov 2002). I cannot imagine that Nintendo are even remotely happy with how it has turned out on all fronts.

Chrange

Banned
donny2112 said:
It looks like COD:BlOps is still combined, but not Wii Fit Plus. A combined Wii Fit Plus would be > Halo Reach, putting it at #10. At least that question has a probable answer, now. Maybe the 360 AC:Brotherhood total is the combined number but the regular SKU position?
I couldn't figure out why they would combine some SKU but not others.

RETROEX said:
Just a question, wasn´t Kinect sports the top seller kinect game? if so... how many units do you think it has sold?
351k? Halo and DC are so close it's likely just statistical noise separating the three games.

Kenka

amtentori said:
Good actually.

You mean : we won't get any other over-sexualized Samus, right ? If this is what you meant, then I pretty much agree. Other M's action parts were good but the story and ass shots made me cringe.

fernoca

RETROEX said:
Nope.
The top selling Kinect game was Dance Central which was confirmed to be #11 on the individual list. Then it was added that Kinect Sports and Your Shape followed Dance Central as the top selling Kinect games, with Sports at #12.

In any case, the Gametrailers list could be "not combined". I mean. Adding an extra like 80k copies to those for the limited, still leaves Black Ops as 4.9 and 3.1 million respectively. Which explain Wii Fit with Balance board not including the standalone copies or Brotherhood on 360 being at 718k, when the Twitter comment said something of around 800k. :D :lol
not serious, but who know.

Re: Other M
Reggie said something about the game not selling faster and was expecting around 500k on the same time frame.

The game seems to be at 500k right now in the US. Seeing how it sold 173k in September, no reported numbers for October and around 300k in November.

Nevermind, missed the LTD. So it is at 300k. :lol :lol (laughing at "my bad", not the numbers ;p)

Takao

Banned
God of War: Ghost of Sparta sold negative 56 copies I guess?

Ubisoft has to be a bit disapointed in the MJ game. I've seen ads for that everywhere, and while 100k for a Just Dance reskin isn't bad. 100k for a strongly marketed MJ game is bad.

I think it's safe to say that DC and Kinect Sports are going to sell a million in the US and if the platform continues to sell should both be among the highest selling worldwide non halo exclusives on the 360.

Of course if they rush out some hastily done sequels then who knows.

Boney said:
Not good at all really.

No Metroid anytime soon.

No Metroid is better than shamefully bad Metroid. I'd feel good that it sold poorly if I could convince myself that it was because the game stinks, or that Nintendo would get the message that the game stinks.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
So the difference in average selling price (ASP) of 360 and PS3 is about $35. A lot less than the $100 difference in "price of entry" that is often presented as the reason for discrepancy in sales between the two.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Rush2thestart said:
Those are really disappointing Goldeneye sales. I had high hopes that it would at least break 100k. Damnit this sucks.
I'm guessing the release of Call of Duty Black Ops one week later cut off its legs a bit.

Zen

Banned
I guess Sonic Colors bombed. :lol

Those Goldeneye numbers are seriously a shame. Third parties have no one to blame but themselves, but Goldeneye deserves better.

faridmon

Just when 3rd parties have done great in marketing, Goldeneye numbers shows up. Damn shame. The Wii is indeed a problamtic platform to sell your games if you are a 3rd party publisher.

Damn Shame, indeed...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Zen said:
Those Goldeneye numbers are seriously a shame. Third parties have no one to blame but themselves, but Goldeneye deserves better.
Yep. One of the only real AAA third party games on the Wii. Utterly fantastic.

But again, you release a FPS literally one week before Black Ops comes out, and I kinda feel like, what do you expect?

Htown said:
I'm guessing the release of Call of Duty Black Ops one week later cut off its legs a bit.

Yeah, Activision pretty much did it to themselves. Seems to be the trend with most 3rd party publishers on the Wii. =/

At least its holding up well in the UK.

faridmon

Htown said:
Yep. One of the only real AAA third party games on the Wii. Utterly fantastic.

But again, you release a FPS literally one week before Black Ops comes out, and I kinda feel like, what do you expect?
I really don't buy the argument that it was affacted by Black Ops at all. In fact, I think it could help it a bit as Wii owners would get cought on its wave on hype and look at Goldeneye as quite respectable replacement. I just don't think it would have sold better in any other time released in the year.

maybe they should have released it when Wii software sales was actually on fire. This year, the software is dowon on general trend :?

Nessus

amtentori said:
Good actually.

Not really. This is Nintendo, they'll take it not as a sign that that particular Metroid game didn't live up to expectations but that Metroid as a series just doesn't sell so they should stop making them.

apana

Nintendo had indicated problems with other m sales, but both they and Activision seemed positive about Goldeneye. How does IW podcast have access to NPD numbers?

donny2112

faridmon said:
Just when 3rd parties have done great in marketing, Goldeneye numbers shows up.

If it has legs like The Conduit, then it'll be bad, definitely. There should be some kind of requirement to have more than one month of sales for a Nintendo system's game before commenting on its overall performance. CoD: World at War sold ~100K in November 2008 and should be close to 1m by now in the U.S., for example.

It is still somewhat disappointing for its first month, though, since it makes reaching a high total that much more difficult.

Top Bottom