• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

I was inclined to believe MS would take December too at first after looking at the ~380K sales gap this month. But with the solid PS4 bundles, I'm now unsure. Even if XBO wins again, I'm confident the gap will be smaller than in November. Just my two cents of course :)
No matter who wins December, it won't change the long term trajectory of things. It just temporarily slows down the beating.

That seems to be the hourly chart. It simply means that the new deal on Amazon is already having a strong effect, probably PS4 will come out on top tomorrow as more people get to know about the deal. But the promotion has to last long enough (at least a week) to have an impact on their monthly sales.

For one hour. On Amazon. When the One has been in the top 10 for all of December so far.

Hence "sales rate"

The Xbone is No. 1 since December started.
The PS4 is way, waaaaaaay behind, on #38

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-12/videogames

That hasn't been updated in over a week. If you look at the weekly charts, you'll see there isn't one for the past week yet. They've been behind in updating it once holiday sales kicked in. PS4 has been in the top 20 in the hourly for several days now. I would assume it's close to the top 20 for the month now, if not actually in it.

As of this post, ps4 is now ahead #4 to #8. Will be interesting to see if it can remain there the rest of this week, at least.

2nd edit: Now that I'm not on mobile
Week 1 12/1 (AC XB1 #1, PS4 #39): http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...es/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar?tag=viglink20241-20#1
Week 2 12/8 (AC XB1 #9, PS4 #31): http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...es/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar?tag=viglink20241-20#1
Week 3 12/15: not available yet

Fehyd

Banned
Worth noting (at least at the stores I am at) PS4's actually sold extremely well so far this week. Not sure if its because of the Destiny PS4's dropping to 399 or other reasons.

I don't know if SCEA has a need to feel like they're having their ass kicked.

It's more like in Heartbreak Ridge, where Clint Eastwood takes his squad for a run, and at some point the squad tries to show him off. So they exhaust themselves by making a mad sprint past him, but Clint just continues on a steady pace. And when he catches the men, all panting, he just goes on running.

I loled.

JaggedSac

The PS4 is at #4 at the hourly Amazon's Best Seller's list now. The monthly chart hasn't been updated as of yet, like some posters had mentioned.

This shows that the $350 price tag, as well as with the Assassin's Creed Unity bundle & Halo: Master Chief Collection is wearing off.

Or it shows that the value proposition has tipped more in PS4 favor with this new bundle.

Blanquito

Hence "sales rate"

That hasn't been updated in over a week. If you look at the weekly charts, you'll see there isn't one for the past week yet. They've been behind in updating it once holiday sales kicked in. PS4 has been in the top 20 in the hourly for several days now. I would assume it's close to the top 20 for the month now, if not actually in it.

As of this post, ps4 is now ahead #4 to #8. Will be interesting to see if it can remain there the rest of this week, at least.

2nd edit: Now that I'm not on mobile
Week 1 12/1 (AC XB1 #1, PS4 #39): http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...es/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar?tag=viglink20241-20#1
Week 2 12/8 (AC XB1 #9, PS4 #31): http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...es/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar?tag=viglink20241-20#1
Week 3 12/15: not available yet

The PS4 is at #5 at Amazon's Hourly Best Sellers list now. The monthly chart hasn't been updated as of yet, like some posters had mentioned.

This shows that the $350 price tag, as well as with the Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle & Halo: Master Chief Collection are wearing off.

Where are you guys getting the idea that the monthly chart "hasn't updated for awhile"? It updates every day.

Yes, you can also look at every week in the month and those only show up once the week is over.

But look at the text on the monthly chart page: "Updated daily."

Where is this idea that isn't not updated daily coming from?

Where are you guys getting the idea that the monthly chart "hasn't updated for awhile"? It updates every day.

Yes, you can also look at every week in the month and those only show up once the week is over.

Hope?

Yeah the Halo, forza , gears "argument" is always amusing to me, since to make that point they need to actively ignore the existence of other exclusives on the console.

Probably because in the 360's last 3 years there was no other exclsuives apart from them.

Are you not counting games that were also on PC or do you really believe the only exclusives the 360 had in the past three years were Halo, Forza and Gears?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Honestly it looks like a ton of stuff is sold out on Amazon (based on the price-gauging new prices above MSRP)....

Smash 3DS was sold out for a while - now In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Smash Wii U - was sold out briefly, now In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Mario Kart 8 - out of stock - sold by third parties
Minecraft XB1 - sold only by third parties
Hyrule Warriors - sold only by third parties for $63
Even some overpriced Wii U & 3DS systems have entered the top 100 (third parties obviously, since Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware in the US for w/e reason)

So basically family titles?

I'm casually browsing through a9vg (china console gaming forum) looking at the new X1 purchase threads

And I have to wonder to myself..."How much of Amazon's sales are attributed to unhappy Chinese X1 gamers who are now mass importing the US/other foreign systems?"

lol

Mory Dunz

Amazon hourly charts.
Dang, I shoud've known this was the step after list wars.

Did we know Hyrule Warriors 2nd month performance? (And 3rd... >_>)

gtj1092

The fact that it hasn't been updating every day. There were times in November where it didn't update for up to a week.

Blanquito

The fact that it hasn't been updating every day. There were times in November where it didn't update for up to a week.

Can I get a source on that? When I do a google search all I find are comments from this thread and a single jr member from last month's thread mentioning it. No one who normally monitors Amazon (such as me, SwiftDeath, etc.) has mentioned it or noticed it before... as far as I can tell.

Can I get a source on that? When I do a google search all I find are comments from this thread and a single jr member from last month's thread mentioning it. No one who normally monitors Amazon (such as me, SwiftDeath, etc.) has mentioned it or noticed it before... as far as I can tell.

The fact that items haven't been moving positions until a new weekly update hits. Things have been going on and off sale. Things should be shifting.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Amazon hourly charts.
Dang, I shoud've known this was the step after list wars.

Did we know Hyrule Warriors 2nd month performance? (And 3rd... >_>)

We know Hyrule Warriors 2nd month < 68K... I think that's all we know (b/c Bayo 2 was the best selling Wii U title that month).

Amazon monthly charts update whenever Amazon feels like it in my experience.

I've noticed delay in changes in previous months before but never discussed it as always thought it was fairly obvious. It's not on any real set schedule regardless of what it says on the page

That being said I actually probably don't watch them quite as closely as some others on here do I've come to realize

Elandyll

Banned
The "junior" might be me, as I remember mentionning it. I generally check Amazon rankings several times a day and yes, the monthly rankings have been updated very randomly since November. The current ranking has not been updated in more than a week as far as I can tell.

PhatSaqs

Banned
There's two ps4 sku in the top 100. If ps4 can maintain the lead. December will be a lot closer than people think.
It won't. Also remember that Ass Creed bundle has been in the top ten for over a month. PS4 was struggling to stay in the top 25 until the camera bundle.

Blanquito

The fact that items haven't been moving positions until a new weekly update hits. Things have been going on and off sale. Things should be shifting.

The "junior" might be me, as I remember mentionning it. I generally check Amazon rankings several times a day and yes, the monthly rankings have been updated very randomly since November. The current ranking has not been updated in more than a week as far as I can tell.

Interesting. Thanks for the info

On Demand

Banned
It won't. Also remember that Ass Creed bundle has been in the top ten for over a month. PS4 was struggling to stay in the top 25 until the camera bundle.

The PS4 has been in the top 10 and 20 since it launched. It only went out when MS started the deals. So it's just returning to normal.

Anyway. I'm late to this but holy wow I didn't expect XB1 to beat PS4 by 400K. I thought it was impossible. Here I was thinking Amir was smoking some of that hydro with his prediction. They can't go back to $399 now. But how long are they going to give away free games? Cause I think $350 without a game won't outsell the PS4.

Bgamer90

Banned
Can't imagine if xbox wins January too. . . that's a big turnaround.

January could go either way since there's going to be a huge drop in sales for both. Top selling console more than likely won't get pass 300K.

I'm wondering if MS will do some last minute deals before the Holiday sale is over (January 3rd). But at the same time, I would be surprised if they put the system back up to $400.

Phil Spencer said on Twitter that they still haven't planned their 2015 bundles which seems a bit surprising to me. I assumed that there would have been an Evolve bundle but it doesn't look like there will be. I wonder how long the AC Unity bundle will be in stores before it gets phased out.

blakep267

January could go either way since there's going to be a huge drop in sales for both. Top selling console more than likely won't get pass 300K.

I'm wondering if MS will do some last minute deals before the Holiday sale is over (January 3rd). But at the same time, I would be surprised if they put the system back up to $400.

Phil Spencer said on Twitter that they still haven't planned their 2015 bundles which seems a bit surprising to me. I assumed that there would have been an Evolve bundle but it doesn't look like there will be. I wonder how long the AC Unity bundle will be in stores before it gets phased out.
i think they kinda have to have an Evilve bundle. They don't have anything else that we know about coming in February and the game will probably bomb without it being bundled

Amazon monthly charts update whenever Amazon feels like it in my experience.

I've noticed delay in changes in previous months before but never discussed it as always thought it was fairly obvious. It's not on any real set schedule regardless of what it says on the page

That being said I actually probably don't watch them quite as closely as some others on here do I've come to realize

This is accurate in my experience as well. Also, the XB1 has retook the lead in hourly.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Chinner

Banned
My enjoyment of the PS4 is directly linked to how many units are sold. I might have to consider selling it and instead buying a Xbox One and if it starts to sell more.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

Bet on Evolve, The Division and Rise of the Tomb Raider, maybe for Quantum Break. They're not going to bundle their first party games like Halo 5. Maybe Star Wars Battlefront if that's released next year.

Miles X

Link? They have a lot of choices for game bundles in Q1/Q2.

Top Bottom