• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2007

ith3r

Banned
Guitar Hero III did easily with combined sales of 1.4 million units

360 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 2 383.2K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 3 286.3K
PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 271.1K
PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 231.7K

=

1,172,300 copies, which means the PS3 version and the guitarless 360 version must have sold 227,700 units.

Considering the top 10 cutoff was 117k and neither is showing, they must have sold very similar amounts, around 110-115k.

The PS2 version outsold the 360 one by a very thin margin, all things considered.

MrDaravon

Wii and DS, holy shit. 360 number isn't amazing, but it's not too bad at all. :lol at PS3, damn. Also really glad to see Half-Life and Zelda up there. Also surprised at GH3 for Wii, interesting.

Dez said:
What a month for Zelda Phantom Hourglass. The game actually sold more in its second month than its first, which is very odd for a hardcore franchise - they're usually top heavy, even if there was only a week worth of sales last month.

LTD: 486.8k

That's very good for a Zelda on an handheld. Mostly after the "bad" Minish Cap performance. I'm almost sure it will pass the million mark in NA, because it has very good legs (this month it sold almost exactly like in September: its launch month !).

More SW:

NR Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS3) 105,800
NR Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) 98,100
NR Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) 74,500
NR Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360) 38,300

Poor GH3 & Ratchet. What the hell happened to PGR4

And from our prediction thread.

[360 Ace Combat 6] = 92.5K
[360 Guitar Hero III] = 490.9K
[360 Halo 3] = 394.5K
[360 The Orange Box] = 238.4K
[NDS Zelda: Phantom Hourglass] = 262.8K
[PS2 Guitar Hero III] = 502.7K
[PS3 Ratchet & Clank Future] = 74.5K
[PS3 Guitar Hero III] = 105.8K
[WII Guitar Hero III] = 286.3K
[WII Metroid Prime 3] = 45.2K

ggnoobIGN said:
PS2GH3 outsold 360s...
Aye I think some may be missing that:

360 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 2 383.2K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 3 286.3K

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 271.1K
PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 231.7K

So just over 500k combined.

360 could close, though, if its non-pack verison was a close #11 with a max of 116k and basically right at 500k total.

That said, it does establish the 360's growth even further; it's definitely become the games beast, even more so with this month.

PS2 and 360 GH3 must have been very close, tipped to the PS2 by the number of people who already had a guitar from 1 or 2

Wow, thanks sonycowboy, very close

Bebpo

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Im starting to think that buying the PS3 may not have been the smartest move if I want to keep playing all the games on it in 2 years. If a flagship title cant break the top 10...it reminds me of Sega in the late days. Great software, but absymal sales.

Hope that Europe really pulls through and saves this machine.

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see what happens. PS3 is basically the DC but this time around Sony has enough cash and pride that they'll ride it out unlike Sega.

1-D_FTW

Loudninja said:
People the sales, Sony reported ARE NOT INCLUDED, how many times must I say that?

What are you saying? The NPD period went through Nov. 3rd. 40GB officially launched on Nov. 2nd and some retailers broke that release date early (Like Target.) There are units sold included in that. Sure it's offset by nobody wanting to buy prior to its release, but 40GB figures are not completely absent.

knitoe

DeceitDecide said:
Halo 3 can't propel 360's sales past the Wii's sales in it's first full month on store shelves? In a month when the Wii was supply-constrained AND had absolutely NO big-time releases? That doesn't look good for 360 in America.

Simple. $250 vs $350. If X360 ever drops to $250-300, gap between Wii vs X360 would be nil.

sonycowboy said:
More SW:

Not bad for FFT PSP, but bad for the rest.

dankir

So hold on, does this mean if the PSP doesn't sell more than 398 fucking thousand units then Sonydefenseforce can't say the Playstation Family did better than the Wii?

WOW

Jesus Christ at the Wii.

I really didn't expect it to do so well this month. And to think it's STILL supply constrained.
I think the deflated Japan numbers have lowered my expectations of the Wii around the world, but that's been very foolish of me.

I mean...in OCTOBER the Wii basically sold what the 360 sold during halo month.

The Wii's success in NA is more surprising than the DS's worldwide to me. They were nearly dead in the console race the previous 2 generations and they've been able to pull it off, while the DS was coming off of two amazingly successful predecessors.

Bravo Nintendo.

FrankT

sonycowboy said:
More SW:

[360 Halo 3] = 394.5K

Ouch on both fronts. I mean ouch.

sonycowboy said:
More SW:

Holy shit PGR4 collapsed. No wonder it's $50 at BB now.

Green Shinobi said:
Uncharted will be fine, assuming the ads are good, and I can see Ratchet having some legs, and enjoying strong word of mouth sales.

Dont forget to say it will sell well in europe!

Tiktaalik

Is this the first month for Orange Box? If so that feels a bit ho hum to me. Of course a huge percentage would have bought it on Steam. I did.

Wow @ Ratchet not making top 10. Not looking too good for Uncharted, honestly not looking well for any PS3 exclusives this year. Epic is gonna kick themselves when UT3 sells low this year (if it makes this year).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

:( Poor Metroid. Truly terrible numbers.

Those are two horrible horrible bombs. Horrid. I dare anyone to spin those numbers positively. Talk about horrid software sales.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oblivion said:
Seems PH won't be replicating it's Japanese success in America. Guess that means we get more TP-like Zeldas afterall.

joke right ?

Dizzan

MINI Member
If Nintendo sorts out their supply issues, can Wii realistically break through the 1 million mark in December?

Insane Metal said:
PS3 did quite well for the month actually... prior to a price cut in a 4 week month selling more than 100k... In the predictions thread I said it´d sell 70 or 80k... :lol:
if you call a weeks worth of the 100 dollar price cut being reflected, and 3 exclusive games failing to break into the top 10, then yeah, they did good.

ratchet and clank, eye of judgment, folklore, all under 116k. ouch

i am sooooo off on some of my predictions though :(

ggnoobIGN

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Looking back it's the 4th best October sales for a console ever, behind two PS2 years and the Wii this year. I'd say it's doing pretty good.
I will guarantee you though that MS reps were shooting for a 400k October going into the holidays and GH3+Halo 3 newly released.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
B-Ri said:
wow you really cant read can you? Read the original article about the sales increase, they arent reflected in this.

The 80GB PS3 price drop is in this as well as 2 days of the 40GB sales.

Culex

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
For the ones given so far

DS: 4.43 million
Wii: 3.96 million
X360: 2.59 million
PS2: 2.35 million
PS3: 1.29 million

Nice, so unless there's some OUTRAGEOUS hardware shortage, 5 million Wii's in 2007 is all but confirmed!

WOWSOME!

FrankT

Dante said:
I sure hope people who bought the PS3 after the price drop picked up a copy of R&C it's a great game.

Raises hand, just this past week, and will buy Drakes. System sellers for me.

Tideas

Banned
sonycowboy said:
More SW:

[360 Halo 3] = 394.5K

So wait did PGR4 and AC6 just bombed on the 360? Namco should have definitely released the PS3 version first.

74k is not bad for 2 weeks of Ratchet. We will see if it has legs.

justjohn said:
poor poor uncharted. i see a similar fate for it. i hate ps3 owners right now. why are these mutherfuckers not buying the games. the fuck are doing with the console? humping it every night :lol

Waiting for MGS4 :3

And watching blu ray movies

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy- I assume they are terrible, but could we get Zack and Wiki numbers?

HylianTom

Banned
I fart in Capcom's general direction for not advertising Zack & Wiki. When they're looking for something to blame, they can look in the mirror.

Grr..

Bebpo said:
Yeah. It'll be interesting to see what happens. PS3 is basically the DC but this time around Sony has enough cash and pride that they'll ride it out unlike Sega.
Cash and specifically likely income. Far from profit of course, but the sales of the PS2 no doubt makes it easier for Sony to survive the slow PS3 start than if they were in a situation more similar to the DC.

p.s. As a general topic addition, just under 100k for FFT pleases me. I wouldn't of loved more but I'm glad it at least got right close to the six digit tier.

C4Lukins

Holy shit PGR4 bombed. I knew it was a shitty time to release it.

Orange Box also did far below what I thought it would. Looking at my friends list a week after it came out, you would have thought it was doing 500K plus with everyone playing it. Having an almost exclusively GAF friends list does not seem to be a good representation of the 360 fanbase at all.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
HylianTom said:
I fart in Capcom's general direction for not advertising Zack & Wiki. When they're looking for something to blame, they can look in the mirror.

Grr..
November release?

Not that it matters, it isn't coming close to the main charts.

Top Bottom