• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXgamer]Armored Core 6 Performance Review - PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PS4 vs Steam Deck

gokurho

Armored Core 6 performance on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S has been put through the paces and our findings of this From Software favourite are not to be missed. Armored Core 6 is a return to the series roots with a cross gen PC and console option that many will love. We test the PS5, Xbox Series X|S and even the Steam Deck against each other to see how they all run in this Armored Core 6 Performance Review.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
weird as I have been seeing most pc configs run great. I wonder whats holding back the console versions here?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The quality mode shows a clear advantage to ps5 though. That's for certain at the end. So it's probably right for this game. I think elden ring was the same at launch then fixed on series x. I just don't rate this guy. Its more because I play on PC and this guy shills hard to make PC look worse than ps5. I really don't understand it.

The quality mode shows a clear advantage to ps5 though. That's for certain at the end. So it's probably right for this game. I think elden ring was the same at launch then fixed on series x. I just don't rate this guy. Its more because I play on PC and this guy shills hard to make PC look worse than ps5. I really don't understand it.

Which PC did he use in this video?

shamoomoo

Legit, I didn't watch properly. I skimmed through and saw the quality mode tests at the end. Clear ps5 advantage on the consoles there. Not sure on PC?

Hopefully not that terrible ryzen box with a 2070 he has had previously.
His IGN PC specs are a rysen 5600 and a RX 6800 but I'm not sure if it's the XT or non-XT.

Like the title says, Steam Deck. Don't know if you consider it a PC though :p

I'm just going by DenchDeckard DenchDeckard comment.

He's basically saying NXgamer is trying to make PC look bad by considering the steam deck a PC and comparing it to the PS5. I honestly don't believe that was his intention.

Everyone knows PCs will always beat the PS5 and that's something NCgamer has said in the past if you have the right rig. Steamdeck is pretty standard hardware so it makes sense to compare it to a console at least that's what I think he did here.

Legit, I didn't watch properly. I skimmed through and saw the quality mode tests at the end. Clear ps5 advantage on the consoles there. Not sure on PC?

Hopefully not that terrible ryzen box with a 2070 he has had previously.

He used a steam deck and he's pretty clear about it in this video. He's not saying the steam deck represents the best PC has to offer. He isn't trying to make PC look bad here.

F4YjkIYaQAAJPQO

F4YjkZ2aUAAxzqt

And also better framerate on PS5....

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
F4YjkIYaQAAJPQO

F4YjkZ2aUAAxzqt

And also better framerate on PS5....

Just watched that bit. He then goes on to say they both are the same resolution in the mean of play and could both be targeting 4k. So, what is it mate?

He speaks in riddles to cover his back all the time.

Also, MasterCornholio MasterCornholio I'm not talking about this video specifically I'm talking about his piss poor videos previously where he has exposed himself as the shill he is.

Just watched that bit. He then goes on to say they both are the same resolution in the mean of play and could both be targeting 4k. So, what is it mate?

Also, MasterCornholio MasterCornholio I'm not talking about this video specifically I'm talking about his piss poor videos previously where he has exposed himself as the shill he is.

Maybe do the comparison yourself if you want to feel better.

:p

Darsxx82

He says they are both in the same resolution range but in that scene the PS5 version showed 1800p vs 1680p on XSX.

The fact is that it is based on the idea that the scene and moment offer the same load and it is 1:1 on both consoles when it is not. It is not a 1:1 scene because the game is not linear and what happens around it is not 1:1 for DSR effect to draw conclusions. With this I do not want to say that the results cannot really be like that, in fact they would be similar to those seen in Elden Ring by the same developer.

But, I share your skepticism, I'm going to wait for Vgtech and DF before drawing any final conclusions.

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

It seems like these comparisons still ruffle some feathers, even though we are 3 years into the generation and should be used to this by now.
Most of the pre-launch concern was baseless anyway.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
And when the PS5 Pro comes out it will probably lock the quality mode to 60fps. Best to buy on PS5 now and then you have the option to play it even better on the Pro in the future.
Great point, and I think that should be the approach for most, going forward.

If they buy it on PS5, they will get a Pro version as early as next year. If they buy it on Xbox, they are unlikely to play an updated/enhanced version this generation.

Last edited:

killatopak

Actually plays pretty nice for me. Definitely an improvement over Elder Ring. It's not much but its there. Just need to wait one more gen for Fromsoft to nail it.

Top Bottom