• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY |OT| Save 99 Mudokons as The Stitch-Lipped One. Follow me!

I thought it showed the controls the first time the game loaded up.

The button layout screen says "L2+R2 = Chant", which I used to open portals. Had no idea chanting also lets you mind control enemies.

Anyway, I'm just going to assume I missed a tutorial monitor somewhere.

Robot Pants

The button layout screen says "L2+R2 = Chant", which I used to open portals. Had no idea chanting also lets you mind control enemies.

Yea pretty sure there's one that explains chanting on the first sleeping Slig you come across.

N30RYU

Gold Member

Once youre out of rupture farms in the village they expkain you that you xan possess the enemies

They complain a lot about the price. I honestly don't get it, $30 seems like a fine price.

Yeah I don't get it either. You can tell playing the game that it had a significantly bigger budget than most of the stuff that releases for 15$.

Do they expect the game to be cheaper just because it's downloadable and/or 2D? Personally I think it deserved a retail release, but I guess there might not be a market for that... I dunno.

I would have bought a retail release, but I understand there's cost implications with that.

I feel the price is warranted, especially since the cost of DLC map packs and what not. Even taken as is, I think it's priced fairly, especially since I paid £30 for the original on PS1 many moons ago.

What I would like is an Odyssey/Exodus double pack at retail. Nothing special, just the games on a disc and a full colour manual.

Just finished my 100% hard mode run. Glad I didn't have to resort to using a guide. Fantastic game, despite some bugs here and there. It's exactly what you want out of a remake....everything is updated appropriately and faithfully to the original.

Nice job Stewart and the JAW team! I really hope the sales are good enough to warrant giving exoddus the same treatment. You will have my $30. :)

Dezzy

So I'm stuck, I spawn here but I get killed by the slogs in seconds, how do I get out of this spot? Help me GAF!

n3u49wr.jpg

So I'm stuck, I spawn here but I get killed by the slogs in seconds, how do I get out of this spot? Help me GAF!

Run back towards the birds, then turn and try to jump them.

Then use autosave once you are in a safer zone.

If that doesn't work, I don't know. I have no idea why they're spawned so close to you.

Inspectorg

Neo Member

I think this is where u need to get them to follow you all the way to the right where you can enter a door to go to the platform in the background. Then you hit the switch in that background to turn electric fence on and they run into the fence. Then you turn it off and can chant some people home ... At least I think it is that part. Haha may be mistaken with another hidden area.

Mr-Joker

Banned
As a profoundly deaf person, I am so glad that you added subtitles and visual clues for the whistles.

It was one of the things I hated in the original.

Yuterald

Man, just finished the Scrapyard and only saved 54% of the Mudoks. I explored thoroughly too, what's the deal? dudes must be hidden mad hard lol

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Not quite...

In SCEE region, when the DLC comes out (Alf DLC that is) it will be available Free of Charge for 2 weeks to PS+ subscribers.

Currently the extra Abe outfit is available now.
Where do you download the outfit? I don't see it under related items in odd world on the psn store

Also, I pulled a switch at the beginning of the game that sent a mudokon to their doom! I said "oops" and right as I said that, a trophy pops up that's says "oops". Lol! Moment saved on sharefactory for sure! Lol

Aw yeah, 299/299 confirmed.

Only bug I experienced was in the final area, QuikSave was causing the game to hang for a few seconds each time, and eventually just caused it to lock. Closed and opened the game, loading up that QuikSave, and it happened again a couple of times - loaded from the start of the chapter and all functioned normally.

Good stuff, would love to play Exoddus HD.

Edit: Oh yeah, after that happened a couple of times, I couldn't see my save details in the screen that shows up when you launch the game - it's just a blank slate. That was mildly terrifying for a moment, but it loaded as normal when I hit X. This is still the case after having beaten the game. Odd.

Yasawas

Is 1.01 the latest version for everyone? I thought I remembered reading that the European patch was a little delayed after the NA one so not sure if I'm fully up to date or not. Can't remember the last time I had so many crashes in a console game as I've had in this second temple and then my save corrupted near the end of it. Fucking joy.

Danlord

Is 1.01 the latest version for everyone? I thought I remembered reading that the European patch was a little delayed after the NA one so not sure if I'm fully up to date or not. Can't remember the last time I had so many crashes in a console game as I've had in this second temple and then my save corrupted near the end of it. Fucking joy.

UK gamer here, it is 1.01 at the moment. The EU patch wasn't immediately on launch, but it was pushed throughout towards the end of the day. They've just sent another patch to Sony QA now to fix the major bugs, here's an official update; HERE.

Mr-Joker

Banned
My little brother finished the game and for some reason all his save data is gone, though bizarrely he can watch all the cutscene.

Also if I miss some Mudokons in the first level do I have to do the whole thing again to save them or can I just save the one I missed and jump to the next chapter?

Yasawas

UK gamer here, it is 1.01 at the moment. The EU patch wasn't immediately on launch, but it was pushed throughout towards the end of the day. They've just sent another patch to Sony QA now to fix the major bugs, here's an official update; HERE.

Nice one, cheers! I can see my problem is mentioned there so I'll hang off until they roll that one out.

BashNasty

So I'm in the desert area, fairly early into the game and I'm stuck and worried.

I had... the thing you ride, forget what it's called blow up a bunch of mines on a lift platform for me, killing it and almost killing Abe (sort of getting the impression that Abe shouldn't have been able to survive). Realized later that if you talk to some Mudokons they will give you a ability that let's you chant a red circle and blow things up. Clearly, that's what the game wants you to do, not sacrifice your ride. Now, after going down and giving another dude a password, I'm at an area where I clearly need my ride but don't have it. It's not giving me a new ride when I respawn. What do I do here, I have this annoying, sinking feeling that I'm fucked, but is there anything I can do to get my ride back?

So I'm in the desert area, fairly early into the game and I'm stuck and worried.

I had... the thing you ride, forget what it's called blow up a bunch of mines on a lift platform for me, killing it and almost killing Abe (sort of getting the impression that Abe shouldn't have been able to survive). Realized later that if you talk to some Mudokons they will give you a ability that let's you chant a red circle and blow things up. Clearly, that's what the game wants you to do, not sacrifice your ride. Now, after going down and giving another dude a password, I'm at an area where I clearly need my ride but don't have it. It's not giving me a new ride when I respawn. What do I do here, I have this annoying, sinking feeling that I'm fucked, but is there anything I can do to get my ride back?

Restart the chapter? Chapters are not that long anyways, you won't be losing that much time.

I'm at the end of the game, 12 casualties, 140 saved, and 147 to go. How many saved do I need to not get the bad ending??

Denur

I'm enjoying the game very much (on hard). It's a great remake of one of my favourite games from the olden days. Love the graphics and how the atmosphere feels like the original. Not too keen on some of the voice acting though, one even has a very American accent, which spoiled the immersion a bit.

Unfortunately, I won't continue playing until the next patch comes out, because the game data file got corrupted (the cloud file put me back a few hours worth of game play). The corruption happened when guiding three Mudokons towards the first portal with a number (3), after returning to Rupture Farms. I had the three on the big elevator with me and when I pressed square to go down, the game crashed and after reloading it stated that the game file was corrupt, after another attempt, the file was gone completely.

Robot Pants

Added The 299 Club to the OP.
It's just for fun but if you want to be added to the OP and you saved all 299 Mudokons (we will be using the honor system) either quote this with your PSN ID, or just quote if you just want to share your GAF username. :)

It's just for fun but if you want to be added to the OP and you saved all 299 Mudokons (we will be using the honor system) either quote this with your PSN ID, or just quote if you just want to share your GAF username. :)

Sure, I'll get in on that, please. PSN ID = GAF name.

Curious as to plans for Exoddus. I'd buy it at a high price.
Hopefully after the ports are completed?

Blues1990

I am so itching to play this game, but it's a bummer that the release dates for the other systems is currently unknown at this point.

Shin-Ra

I'm in! PSN: Shin-Ra

I've just got 50 minutes to cut off my Zulag 2-4 times now. It would be 20 minutes but my Scrabania time improvement wasn't saved properly after I backed out to the save slot screen. One of the worst chapters to replay.

HAHAHAHAHA.

My girlfriend just finished the game this weekend. She was at 147 or around there. I told her all she needed was 99, because I believe the original game was like that? I was probably wrong, and I should have checked, so when the bad ending came up, she was waiting for them
to save Abe

They didn't. She's been depressed ever since.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Why is this thread so dead? It's less than a week old. Anyway I got this game today and I really like it so far. Playing on hard the way god intended and I'm saving as many as I can on this playthrough, though I'm sure I'll miss a bunch of secret levels. Found a few early on so that's good. This game feels familar but really, really new at the same time. They've changed and added quite a bit, though I am really early. 299 MUDOKONS?! Yeah, looks like they've added quite a bit.

I actually expected the new controls to trip me up a lot but I've got used to them really quickly. They probably are better than the original. The addition of all ya is a godsend as is the ability to aim bombs with the right stick. Quick save is a nice addition too but with the more friendly checkpoint placements I haven't had to use it yet.

I want to keep playing this game but at the same time I don't want to beat it before the Vita version comes out. Vita is what I really wanted to play this on to be honest, and I don't really feel like dealing with a halved framerate and control issues with remote play. Hope the Vita version comes out soon, though I suppose just beating it once on PS4 then doing a perfect and/or evil playthrough on Vita when it comes out is an option.

There is. You press SQUARE to open hatches instead of hanging down in the original.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Well, I missed a secret area lol. I assumed the secret area was removed and other new ones replaced it. Man that's just mean. They did that on purpose.

*raises hand*

PSN: StevieCMen

Mr-Joker

Banned
Same thing happened to me.
Maybe the save data is hidden or something? Sucks, hopefully devs will fix that problem.

Hopefully as my little brother saved all the Mudokons and didn't get the see the reward for saving them all as the game froze just before he finished it and then his data just disappeared.

This game is extremely glitchy and unpolished. Jesus. I've had to restart three chapters due to infinite loop glitches.

Makes me wonder what quality test the game went through.

HAHAHAHAHA.

My girlfriend just finished the game this weekend. She was at 147 or around there. I told her all she needed was 99, because I believe the original game was like that? I was probably wrong, and I should have checked, so when the bad ending came up, she was waiting for them
to save Abe

They didn't. She's been depressed ever since.

At least she didn't our copy of the original PS1 game as the disk was so badly scratched up we couldn't even see the good ending as the game would just freeze at that part. It would play the bad ending just fine.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Well, I missed a secret area lol. I assumed the secret area was removed and other new ones replaced it. Man that's just mean. They did that on purpose.

Yeah that was really mean, you don't throw something like that without explaining it at all.

Been really enjoying this so far but I'm stuck at the first of the " trial doors" in Paramonia, where there's the pedestal which shows all the flint lock levers left. I can get the chant easy (its the one above the paramite and the bees) but I cant seem to figure out how to get to the bells, since the groups of 2 paramites either side keep killing me. Any advice GAF?

icespide

Banned

me me!

PSN: icespide

Tohsaka

Finished the game on Hard last night with all Mudokons saved. Aside from the bugs, I thought it was an excellent remake. I was thinking about going for the platinum trophy, but I really dislike speed runs and don't really want to try and halve my initial total playtime to get it.

Robot Pants

I'm waiting for this patch so I can have a fresh save that doesn't carry over my progress from other save files.
Also my leaderboards don't work :(

Sonson21

Banned
Well the game was bugging out on me hardcore towards what I assume was the end and it was after I finally managed to get past a part where I kept getting this CE-34878-0″ error.I turned off the system to see if that would fix the problem. Nope the menu screen tells me the save data was damaged and it will be automatically deleted. I haven't been that pissed in a long while, doubt I'll ever go back and finish the game after that.

Top Bottom