• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Battlefield 2 hype thread!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
xabre said:
Less than 12 hours till demo.

Believe.

What is "less"? Much less or just a little less? A little less would be close to midnight here :(

Oh well, I think I'll pick up GTA to keep me busy in the meantime..

Rorschach

xabre said:
Less than 12 hours till demo.

Believe.
04.jpg

FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK ME!!!!

Why couldn't it be on my day off? :(

FUCK MEEEEEE!

xabre

Banned
From my understanding 8.45PM Friday GMT, this is according to a bfnation teamspeak with 4 EA reps.

Demo size is pretty big apparently, 585MB.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
xabre said:
From my understanding 8.45PM Friday GMT, this is according to a bfnation teamspeak with 4 EA reps.

Demo size is pretty big apparently, 585MB.

Cool, I'm GMT, so I should be able to get it down and tinker with it before it gets too late ;)

585MB might take a while though..an hour or so I guess, assuming a great connection.

Hajaz

and thats when i come in to poop the party

<[Admin]WolfBlade> *ByrdGang-gs* when is the demo coming out?
<ea-bsmith> hmmm
<ea-bsmith> ok, well, while we're not ready to commit to tomorrow night like has been reported in a bunch of places
<ea-bsmith> we're fairly confident we'll be out some time this weekend with the demo
<ea-bsmith> right now the demo is in our final approval process (called CQC internally)
<ea-bsmith> once they're done we're ready to roll
<[GSI]1313-Evil_Homer> Just stay glued to PlanetBattlefield *cough*

El_Victor

Hajaz said:
and thats when i come in to poop the party

<[Admin]WolfBlade> *ByrdGang-gs* when is the demo coming out?
<ea-bsmith> hmmm
<ea-bsmith> ok, well, while we're not ready to commit to tomorrow night like has been reported in a bunch of places
<ea-bsmith> we're fairly confident we'll be out some time this weekend with the demo
<ea-bsmith> right now the demo is in our final approval process (called CQC internally)
<ea-bsmith> once they're done we're ready to roll
<[GSI]1313-Evil_Homer> Just stay glued to PlanetBattlefield *cough*

Aww. :(

xabre

Banned
Here's a question of curiosity while were waiting...Does a real tank have keys, you know like tank keys to start it up? And if so what if you're in the middle of a war and you misplace your tank keys?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, at least it's out now...and I'm at work for the next few hours...

Wonder what the que line at gamespot is for it too. Will I be forced to buy GS Complete? Why am I asking questions? I like Waffles.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Lonestar said:
well, at least it's out now...and I'm at work for the next few hours...

Wonder what the que line at gamespot is for it too. Will I be forced to buy GS Complete? Why am I asking questions? I like Waffles.

It's not out yet.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bah, you're right. Being at work, and not trying to hit the button, didn't realize the joke.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
well im refund the leadtek and bought the bfg 6800 gt at best buy installed it and purrs like a kitten

BRING ON TEH DEMO!

How much did you pay for that BFG card? If you had some patience you could have saved some money and bought it online from someplace like newegg.com.

Vlad

Naked Shuriken said:
15 minutes time limit on demo.

Where'd you hear that from?

If true, that really isn't the best idea. It's not like letting people play Wake Island as long as they wanted kept BF42 from selling...

Mrbob

15 minute time limit on demo? WTF. Well that'll get hacked and patched and fixed within a couple days methinks. :)

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
osted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Update :

You'll like this one.

The demo has passed all test stages now and is currently in preparation to go live. I'll just fish up some links and work out the timings I've been given and edit this post accordingly, but I wanted to give you the news as soon as possible.

Thanks for baring with us.

just keep hitting refresh

ZombieSupaStar said:
i bought a 300 dollar one from leadtek that has fried memory and the restocking fee on it alone was 50 bucks

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17943.html

so screw newegg in this case :D

go through that thread it has people rma theres upto 3 times and even then some peoples after 3 or so months starts exhibiting the same issue.

The bfg one went in no prob

Damn dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. Man, I can't believe they would charge you a restocking fee for a defective product? Shit. Glad to hear the BFG is working fine. Sorry to hear about that bullshit with Newegg. :(

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I don't think newegg always had that policy. Unfortunately, assholes have ruined it for the rest of us because they are dishonest dickwads.

Personally, I would have been on the phone totally bitching out a CR about it. I would most likely get my way too. I would point out that I have spent thousands of dollars with them and I would cease to do so unless they took care of me.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil and all ;)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Top Bottom