• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official December NPD Prediction Thread (Pachter kills EVERYBODY! Bow down!!!)

GhaleonEB

Leonsito said:
Well, I meant, theorically Wii was sold out in November, and Nintendo can only make 1.8M Wii worldwide, I expected Wii to not reaching a million in NA.
I suspect they had stockpiles reserved for December, just as they had stockpiles reserved for November. And remember, this is a five-week month, so even with flat shipments sales would be up 25%, which would put the Wii at 1.22m.

Really irritating that IGN360 and IGNPS3 never make these threads with console-specific data.

It seems that Matt is the only sales-age guy on all of IGN, and since he works for the Wii channel, we always get much more Wii data than anything else.

[Nintex]

GhaleonEB said:
I suspect they had stockpiles reserved for December, just as they had stockpiles reserved for November. And remember, this is a five-week month, so even with flat shipments sales would be up 25%, which would put the Wii at 1.22m.
The moment we didn't get any: "Nintendo is missing out on billions of dollars!!" articles I knew that they made a huge shipment. That and the lack of alot of "Help me GAF Wii is sold out!" threads, next to the holiday gift thread which had alot of Wii systems.

Frillen

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Really irritating that IGN360 and IGNPS3 never make these threads with console-specific data.

It seems that Matt is the only sales-age guy on all of IGN, and since he works for the Wii channel, we always get much more Wii data than anything else.

Are you ok?

Sho_Nuff82 said:

You can't wait an hour?

Minsc said:
Well if you want to go that way, the whole question is screwed, there's so many exceptions you have to make, in the end you have more exceptions to the 3rd party don't sell than ones that actually don't.

I'd say Wii's third party doesn't sell is about as fair a statement as saying Sony's 1st party doesn't sell.

No, I was more of talking about the fact about the higher prices for 360 and PS3 games being a benefit.

Revenue doesn't equal profit.

GhaleonEB

DeaconKnowledge said:
You can't wait an hour?
I think he's referring to in general, not just the pre-release trickles. IIRC, Matt rattled off a long list of Wii software sales on their podcast last month, but none for the other systems.

Edit: this.

Thomper

joseph.neaves said:
*predicts massive sweep for Nintendo*

BTW

Did anyone see something about a Nintendogs game but with babies?

=O
There's multiple. Do you mean BABYZ (UbiSoft) or BABY PALS (THQ)?

I figured I would ask here since the sales age guys would be checking in and once NPD hits, it's going to be a zoo in there... but:

Since the PS3 hasn't outsold the PS2 yet in the US it got me thinking of how long it took the PS2 to outsell the PSX after it was released.

I know the PS2 was supply constrained at first but does anyone have a number of how many months before it outsold the PSX for the first time?

GhaleonEB said:
I think he's referring to in general, not just the pre-release trickles. IIRC, Matt rattled off a long list of Wii software sales on their podcast last month, but none for the other systems.

Exactly. Hil never posts on the boards except when he's fishing for interview questions or reminding us of the nightly updated. Matt is a bit more involved that's all.

PerkeyMan said:
So...

I got time to fetch a burger (with eggs) before the party...?

( I love eggs)

Bacon, Eggs, Cheese, Onion Rings, BBQ Sauce, and one wafer thin mint.

My new favourite sandwich is Sausage, Cheese and BBQ sauce. But lets face it, you can't go wrong with meat and cheese. Unless its bad meat and bad cheese, then you'll probably die.

Grecco

PerkeyMan said:
So...

I got time to fetch a burger (with eggs) before the party...?

( I love eggs)

Add Bacon and Cheddar Cheese. Might as well go with some Chilli Fries (in honor of Pacher)

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
They should broadcast this monthly "NPD reveals" shows on TV.
Yes, for a total population of 2000 people. But there are less watched shows out there.

Gadfly said:
They should broadcast this monthly "NPD reveals" shows on TV.
Yes, for a total population of 2000 people. But there are less watched shows out there.

G4 should have a special. What do they have on right now?

C4Lukins

I could see the Wii having more game sales if you total the top ten this month, but I doubt it was able to beat 360 game sales overall. That would have taken a massive increase.

sionyboy said:
Bacon, Eggs, Cheese, Onion Rings, BBQ Sauce, and one wafer thin mint.
My new favourite sandwich is Sausage, Cheese and BBQ sauce. But lets face it, you can't go wrong with meat and cheese. Unless its bad meat and bad cheese, then you'll probably die.

Fuck off i'm full!

300px-Mr_Creosote.PNG

cordonbleu said:
Fuck off i'm full!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e5/Mr_Creosote.PNG/300px-Mr_Creosote.PNG[/image][/QUOTE]

Congratulations, you win the prize!

*Please wait 6-8 weeks for prize to arrive.

apujanata

beef3483 said:
Would the prepaid Wii systems count towards the hardware totals? I'm not sure how NPD does it.

As long as the H/W was shipped and picked up by the customer, it is counted. If not shipped or not picked up by customer, it is not counted.

Top Bottom