• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

Momo said:
/headstart

Did Lotus(if that is to be their name) tie up a Renault engine deal yet?
Very interested in how they fare next year

For a while it was rumored that they would since they ended their Cosworth deal early and Renault was the next step up. It was confirmed a couple of weeks back that they would use Renault engines next year.

Also, they're going back to their classic Black and Gold. I personally really really like their current livery but black/gold is a classic.

megateto

Pterion said:
Wait until he finds out that his team's strategy cost him the title...

A repeat of ''my team doesn't want me to win''?

He has already said that the decision to pit came from the team, including him.

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Vettel
301gjmd.gif
301gjmd.gif
301gjmd.gif

Amazing. Was rooting for Webber; like his personality, hated the shitty team treatment. But, I believe the better man won. Vettel was inarguably the fastest this season. Made some dumb mistakes. Still, he's a more than worthy champion. Brilliant, brilliant driver. Vettel was absolutely amazing the whole season. Plus, he's a Beatles fan.

Quite awesome to see three world champions standing on the podium.

NHale

megateto said:
He has already said that the decision to pit came from the team, including him.

But he doesn't know which drivers already made their pit stop. It's the team responsability to decide since they have all the data. With Ross Brawn this would never happen.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
NHale said:
But he doesn't know which drivers already made their pit stop. It's the team responsability to decide since they have all the data. With Ross Brawn this would never happen.

with anyone else this would never happen.

It's as though they forgot they were racing anyone other than Webber for the title.

NHale

olore said:
Help a brother out and translate that

'Petrov fue demasiado agresivo, el sabrá' - "Petrov was very agressive, he will know why."

'Parecia que a Petrov le iba la vida' - "It looked like Petrov was driving for his life"

It's the best I can do.

Dilly

Banned
NHale said:

Exactly, this wouldn't have happened back then.

Britprog

NHale said:

They where worried that Webber will overtake them that's why they pitted, really dumb move, they didn't account for the people who where on hards.

Schoolboy error!!!

Lince

Banned
well Alonso could have stayed out with the softs (copying Button) and he would have got the WDC, but he shouldn't blame the team for the bad call or anything, I think the car was set-up for Saturday and they didn't expect the SC and the early Webber's pit, today Alonso was supposed to drive defensively. Anyway, water under the bridge now, Ferrarri wasn't the faster car this year and Vettel deserved this WDC more than anyone if not for the reliability issues he would have won it by Brazil or sooner. Bring 2011 on!

olore said:
Help a brother out and translate that
Basically: 'Petrov was too aggressive, he should know why', 'Petrov was fighting like his life was at risk'. Dunno if its proper translation, but what he meant is that Petrov fought more than he had to, which is a bullshit excuse because Petrov actually had to fight, did so pretty clean and achieved a good result that he needed.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
wonderkins said:
Quite awesome to see three world champions standing on the podium.

Yeah the 2008, 2009 and 2010 world champions on the final podium! :D

megateto

Yeah, he said 'Petrov fue demasiado agresivo, el sabrá' and 'Parecia que a Petrov le iba la vida'.

"Petrov was way too aggressive, he'll know what he's up to" and "It seemed that Petrov's life was depending on it".

Btw, I missed all that part.

I pointed out the "we are all the decision makers" because it seemed like he wanted to show that he really is a team player.

Britprog

NHale said:
'Petrov fue demasiado agresivo, el sabrá' - "Petrov was very agressive, he will know why."

'Parecia que a Petrov le iba la vida' - "It looked like Petrov was driving for his life"

It's the best I can do.

Isn't this F1, the pinnacle of motor sport????? What does Alonso expect from Petrov, what a wanker!!!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Basically: 'Petrov was too aggressive, he should know why', 'Petrov was fighting like his life was at risk'. Dunno if its proper translation, but what he meant is that Petrov fought more than he had to, which is a bullshit excuse because Petrov actually had to fight, did so pretty clean and achieved a good result that he needed.
Yeah, the guy is driving to keep his arse in an F1 seat. If Alonso has a problem with that, then he should up the ante himself and not expect a free pass just because he's a past champion and in a prancing pony.

Can't believe Ferrari's strategy, it is like they completely forgot Vettel could win the championship.

If only Jean Todt and Ross Brawn were still in the team.

NHale

Nico Hülkenberg will be departing the Williams team at the end of his rookie Formula 1 season, according to manager Willi Weber. At present, no drivers have been confirmed at the Grove-based squad ahead of 2011 although the German claims that GP2 Champion Pastor Maldonado has signed a deal.

"Nico is leaving Williams,” Weber is quoted at saying by German newspaper Express. “Negotiations are no longer continuing for Williams and Nico but Pastor Maldonado has signed a contract.”

Weber, who also manages Michael Schumacher, went on to add that he hopes to see Hülkenberg join Ferrari at a later date, before stressing that the current 2009 GP2 title winner will not be leaving F1.

“Nico will be driving in Formula 1 in 2011, you know me,” he concluded.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/247645/hulkenberg-is-leaving-williams-says-manager/

olore

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Yeah, BS to no end. Petrov raced clean from what I could see

S. L.

Leunam said:
I wonder what this race does for Petrov. I'm guessing his seat is still up in the air.
i think he will join Marussia-Virgin
but who knows.
Renault can have a better driver. Hulkenberg, Heidfeld, Sutil, etc

Leunam

S. L. said:
i think he will join Marussia-Virgin
but who knows.

That would be pretty cool. I don't think DiGrassi has been confirmed for next year.

Sucks about Hulkenberg not having a seat at Williams, but then again, wasn't he signed with Williams after winning the GP2 championship also?

Massa

Leunam said:
That would be pretty cool. I don't think DiGrassi has been confirmed for next year.

Sucks about Hulkenberg not having a seat at Williams, but then again, wasn't he signed with Williams after winning the GP2 championship also?

He won on his first try. Maldonado is going with his money to Williams after 4 years on GP2.

It's a shame, really.

Also, Williams finished ahead of Force India like they wanted to and Rubens is signed for next year.

Lince

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Alonso is a fucking cunt. CUNT.
So glad he didn't win. Shame he didn't hit a fucking wall and end his career.

classy

also, Massa coulnd't overtake Alguersuari either, something was very wrong with the Ferrari this weekend.

Pachael

offshore said:
Webber almost in tears :(

He should suck on his performance and shape up or ship out next year.

If RBR had done what Brundle suggested and had him swap with Vettel in Brazil, Alonso would have been champion today by 3 pts. The Vettel backers are going to get so much bonuses for their decision in Brazil.

jey_16

Banned
The fact that alonso was leading the championship going into the last race makes this loss hard to take. But considering where he was just a few rounds ago (I'm pretty sure I said the team should give up after the British gp), its remarkable how he closed the gap. Ferrari just fucked it up today, Alonso is always easy on his tyres, they should have left him out on the options but it's too late now.

Now we have what? 3-4 months of no F1 :(

Pachael said:
He should suck on his performance and shape up or ship out next year.

If RBR had done what Brundle suggested and had him swap with Vettel in Brazil, Alonso would have been champion today by 3 pts. The Vettel backers are going to get so much bonuses for their decision in Brazil.

I would love to see Kimi replacing Webber next year.

Webber had a great mid-season but he self-destructed in the last few races.

jey_16 said:
The fact that alonso was leading the championship going into the last race makes this loss hard to take. But considering where he was just a few rounds ago (I'm pretty sure I said the team should give up after the British gp), its remarkable how he closed the gap. Ferrari just fucked it up today, Alonso is always easy on his tyres, they should have left him out on the options but it's too late now.

Considering the fact the F10 is nowhere near the fastest car on the grid it shows how good Fernando is that he came so close to the championship. If only the team kept him out it could have been a 3rd WDC but I'm sure next year will be Ferrari's year.

But congratulations to RBR and enjoy the moment RBR/Vettel fans

megateto

Kurosaki Ichigo, when and where did you heard that Nando words? I just heard what they showed on la Sexta and heard no mention of Petrov...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
jey_16 said:

Yep, I always hate this part, no F1 now until next year.

Of course we have the car launches and testing to look forward to. I hope McLaren produce a more consistent car next year, and RBR, Ferrari and Mercedes are all on pace. I want F1 2011 to match this season, a hard task but I'm sure it can be done.

Lucius86 said:
BBC finale credits was epic, again.
That too. Farewell F1 2010, you leave us with great memories and a great champion. Savour the moment Vettel, you deserve it.

anonnumber6 said:
Considering the fact the F10 is nowhere near the fastest car on the grid it shows how good Fernando is that he came so close to the championship. If only the team kept him out it could have been a 3rd WDC but I'm sure next year will be Ferrari's year.

Short memory there? What car was fastest in testing and the first race or 2? Oh yes, Ferrari. You cannot blame this one on development. Ferrari screwed up this year, even if by the end Alonso done his best to undo the damage.

Next year is still up for grabs, but be certain of this: RBR will not fall away, Newey, their pots of cash and Vettel and Webber are not going anywhere.

megateto said:
Kurosaki Ichigo, when and where did you heard that Nando words? I just heard what they showed on la Sexta and heard no mention of Petrov...
It was in la Sexta but after Nira questions iirc, some other guy asked him (seemed latin american from the tone) and then I think TV3 reporter asked him again.

Britprog

anonnumber6 said:

Same could be said about Hamilton, it seemed like Red Bull where trying their hardest not to win this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom