• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NFL Week 13 Thread - RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

yeah, the Ravens just had a meltdown to lose that game. Gave the pats too many chances, from coaches making mistakes to players throwing temper tantrums and their offense playing risky instead of conservative. If they had just played for 3 on that pick in the 4th, the game would've gone to OT and they had a very good shot at winning it so long as they got the ball. A lot of those calls were pretty obvious to me, although I will admit I'm sort of a Ravens hater since they play in the same division as my team.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
bob_arctor said:
u smug? Answers to both questions are not surprisingly--yes.

How's it feel to be the Yanks of the NFL?
Actually I was joking. And please never compare the Patriots to the Yankees again. You just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

X26 said:
What, no "bitter tears" or some variation of such? I think you're losing your touch
It's a long season. I think maybe I need someone to come off the bench and give me a breather.

Dr. Strangelove said:
Actually I was joking. And please never compare the Patriots to the Yankees again. You just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Patriots are more smug than the yanks ever were. At least Torre showed a smile after a tough and hard fought win.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I hate the Ravens because Bilick prolonged Jim Fassel's NFL career for two seasons.

Dr. Strangelove said:

It's a long season. I think maybe I need someone to come off the bench and give me a breather.

Yankee! Yankee! Yankee! Wait, doesn't Brady secretly love NY teams?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Dr. Strangelove said:

I know you were joking; I was messing w/ ya. But really, you're in denial if you don't see how the Pats are the Yanks of the NFL. You guys had me cheering for the Ravens for Jebus' sake. I can't stand the goddamn Ravens.

Still, if you land Johan, maybe the Pats would actually be the Red Sox of the NFL?

methodman

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Born in California, went to college in the Midwest, works in Boston... he's a front runner!

Giggle, what do you want to happen next season? I'll answer the question later, gotta finish up this essay first.

methodman

Banned
Karakand said:
I like the subtle use of the asterisk.

Man, the Raiders are bringing up Jamarcus Russell the right way. Lane Kiffin has done some great things with that team this year, seems like a lot of the players are truly focused and putting in Justin Fargas (who I always thought had some skill but didn't know he had this much) is a great move too. Hopefully they bring in some outside threats in the offseason to help secure your offense but otherwise, what other positions do you guys need to fill? RB? Is lamont gone after this year?

Gigglepoo

methodman said:
Giggle, what do you want to happen next season?

Nolan has to go. He has shown through his conservative actions that he has no confidence in his players. A head coach cannot be successful if his players tend to give up when they face adversity.

We need some new WRs. I have no idea where we will get them. Was TO the last receiver we drafted who turned out to be good? We've had more busts than I can count. We also need a QB to challenge Alex. Honestly, I still think Alex can be a good QB. But he needs better coaching and he needs better weapons around him. If he struggles again, we need someone else to be able to step in.

I kind of like Rex...

Other than those three things, I think the Niners are actually in good shape. They don't have elite talent, but they are, at worst, average. We need some more youth on our line to replace Larry Allen and a legitimate pass rusher, but I think most our team is pretty good right now. It's about acquiring more depth at this point.

Gigglepoo

Hitokage said:
Gigglepoo: Don't you want an offensive line first?

We have some quality young guys. I'd like to see how Snyder and Staley progress. We have been more "inconsistent" than "poor" this year. Those games where they played well makes me believe it is something other than talent holding them back. I'd like to see them draft some more lineman and find a permanent replacement for Larry Allen and Jonas Jennings (retire/release). Finding legitimate receiving threats is a more pressing need, though.

It all comes back to coaching. We don't have it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I still want a hi res or gif of Bart Scott's "GO FIND YOUR FLAG, IT'S IN SECTION BB" moment.

woodchuck

maynerd said:
Pretty hot deal for a NFL jacket folks.

Reebok Storm Midweight Jacket regularly $99.99 - $50 = $49.99
Shipping around $6
Sales tax in CA, GA, IL, KY, MA and PA

http://slickdeals.net/?sduid=0&t=67...ex.jsp?categoryId=2895598&sr=1&origkw=2895598

Full zip weather resistant jacket with Velcro storm placket closure. Draw cord with rubber stopper at bottom hem; tackle twill/embroidery team decorations; NFL equipment logo sheild patch. Shell: 100% polyester micro dobby. Lining: 100% polyester fleece.

You can also stack the 20% off code on it as well... "NFLFF20"

there's only 31 teams represented. Dallas isn't on there.

wtf. it gets cold in texas too.

woodchuck

maynerd said:
maybe all the bandwagoneers bought them up?

probably. i've been seeing a lot more cowboys stuff everywhere. my freshman year of college, basically no one was wearing anything cowboys related.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
whytemyke said:
Dude, I was in Detroit all weekend and heard nothing but people bitching about how Roy Williams sucks and needs to go. That's why I hate detroit sports fans... they always blame the first thing they see. Personally I hope Roy goes because Lions fans don't deserve him.

Yeah, now that I've calmed down and thought about it, it would probably be better if he left.

I'll always appreciate what he did, but it would open up cap space so we can go after a decent o-linemen in the offseason.

We already have $60 Million invested in Calvin so lets make him the main guy for another 5 years, and start building our o-line and draft some DB's and LB's in the draft.

But with Millen as our GM I know his bound to fuck things up somehow, someway.

East Lake

Found this on another forum, not the best quality (seems off-screen) but it should do for now until I or someone else can get a a hold of a some high quality video.

2087659656_ac143262d3_o.gif

Gigglepoo

levious said:
seemed pretty clear from the replay... unless you mean all illegal contacts are BS... they kind of are nowadays, but that's how they want it, thanks to Archie I guess.

Wasn't this the play that Moss ran over Ed Reed? If not, then I apologize. But the flag on Reed in that situation was definitely wrong.

BTW - As Moss continues to get shut down and Brady continues to shine in the 4th quarter, it has become impossible to argue that Randy should be the MVP. It's down to Brady and Albert now. :D

Artie

It's not so much the Patriots I hate, but their annoying as fuck fans.

Cue bitter tears, or whatever nonsense you will at me. Ravens should have had that game.

Antimatter said:
Found this on another forum, not the best quality (seems off-screen) but it should do for now until I or someone else can get a a hold of a some high quality video.

:lol :lol :lol

My friend and I were PRAYING they'd show that on a replay. Only showed it on a highlight reel of the drive later. Amazing.

Gigglepoo

Am I correct in thinking the Steelers/Pats game will not be televised in the Bay Area because the Niners are playing a home game at the same time (on a different network)?

Just wanted to post a general comment about Fox's Philly station's post game show for the Eagles.

I was in Philly this weekend last. And I watched the Eagles post game. The peeps on this show are serious business man. They are yelling at each other. Not fake yelling, like real, please fucking understand what I am goddamn saying yelling, at each other.

I loved it. It don't get hype like that over here in LA. Or I missed that show....

Poor, poor Eagles.

Slo

Antimatter said:

:lol :lol :lol

methodman

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Am I correct in thinking the Steelers/Pats game will not be televised in the Bay Area because the Niners are playing a home game at the same time (on a different network)?
This is the first time in about 15 years where I'd rather watch another game then the niners....

I'm still going to watch the niners game, but with a :( face all game. Tear.

maynerd

Banned
Wellington said:
I just stick em!

btw thanks for the jacket link.

You get one? Cool! Sweet deal IMO. Got me a Hawk jacket. Hopefully it will be here so I can enjoy it for the last home game of the season on 12/23!

Antimatter said:

isn't that Junior Seau though? It loses some of its luster when you realize the guy being juked out of his shoes is like 58 years old. Still funny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom