• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NFL Week 13 Thread - RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamanon said:
At least you guys weren't thoroughly dominated through the years by....

David Carr...

:(

Thank God Testaverde is playing instead of Carr this weekend!

True, but Maddox did lose that game against Houston in '02 when Carr was 3 of 10 for 33 freaking yards.

Innotech

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
The insane hate for the Pats is hilarious, if your team faces them fine but most of your teams don't so who cares. This was the best game of the year, the drama of going undeafeted is making their game every week be a much watch, I love it.

I do want them to lose, and I actually have a reason, its cause I am a Dolphin fan. So if they could just lose one game then I can actively root for them to win cause lets face it, they deserve it. But if they don't lose this season, then I have to be against them in the playoffs, so how about you lose one pointless game so I can be at peace.
Dolphins breaking the Pats undefeated season would cause massive earthquakes, break GAF, destroy many TVS, cause suicides and mass cirty burnings....Id love to see it :D

Innotech

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
The insane hate for the Pats is hilarious, if your team faces them fine but most of your teams don't so who cares. This was the best game of the year, the drama of going undeafeted is making their game every week be a much watch, I love it.

I do want them to lose, and I actually have a reason, its cause I am a Dolphin fan. So if they could just lose one game then I can actively root for them to win cause lets face it, they deserve it. But if they don't lose this season, then I have to be against them in the playoffs, so how about you lose one pointless game so I can be at peace.
Also, I dont think poeople hate the PAts, so much as Belichick. The team is just good, no doubting that. But Belichick isnt the reason for it. But he acts like it.

woodchuck said:
they never showed the full replay until sal brought it up, dumbass
Right. You've attacked me twice for being an idiot when you were the one wrong. They showed it after they came back from commercial.

Watch the game more closely next time and stop whining. Pats > Cowboys.

X26

Banned
Yay Patriots*

anyways this made me laugh:

Patriots receiver Randy Moss took a shot at the Ravens for talking smack during the game. "Coach Belichick doesn't coach us or raise us that way. So for us to come up and shut them up with a last-second touchdown, that's what really felt good."

Moss on his feelings toward the end of the game: "I'm not going to sit here and lie. I think a little bit of anxiety, you know, setting in. It was getting first, second, third down; we got the fourth down. I was really still confident in what we were doing, and then the flags came out, and they started seeing the game. Hell, they were hoping for holding for three quarters and now they want to throw the flags in the fourth quarter. It was a good thing to see that they called the game right."

Moss on the trash talking: "There was just so much trash talking, man, from guys who really hadn't done anything in the league. So basically, me being a 10-year vet and seeing those guys out there talking smack, they haven't done nothing yet. So it was a good thing for the offense that Jabar Gaffney came up with a key catch, luckily, for six and, you know, we shut them up, and that was a good thing. I'm not a trash talker. I talk with my play, not with my mouth."

Wow, are you kidding me? I've never seen so much hypocracy in my entire life.

Innotech said:
Also, I dont think poeople hate the PAts, so much as Belichick. The team is just good, no doubting that. But Belichick isnt the reason for it. But he acts like it.

I understand the Belichick hate, he is the perfect villain but I do think he is a big part of it. Yes Brady fell into his lap, that was huge, without Brady I don't know how far he gets. Still the man is an excellent coach, he can figure out how to beat any team. He is a personel genius, he knows exactly what role everyone should fill. So I wouldn't take away much from Belichick, I think he is one of the best coaches in history.

Mooreberg

Antimatter said:
Anyone know a way I could download this video? Maybe a firefox extension, some other program?

The Patriots will work to convince the Ravens to trade McGahee for a 2nd and 7th round draft pick during the offseason.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Innotech said:
Dolphins breaking the Pats undefeated season would cause massive earthquakes, break GAF, destroy many TVS, cause suicides and mass cirty burnings....Id love to see it :D
Miami in ruins.

Then come the riots.

Tamanon

Banned
X26 said:
Yay Patriots*

Patriots receiver Randy Moss took a shot at the Ravens for talking smack during the game. "Coach Belichick doesn't coach us or raise us that way. So for us to come up and shut them up with a last-second touchdown, that's what really felt good."

Moss on his feelings toward the end of the game: "I'm not going to sit here and lie. I think a little bit of anxiety, you know, setting in. It was getting first, second, third down; we got the fourth down. I was really still confident in what we were doing, and then the flags came out, and they started seeing the game. Hell, they were hoping for holding for three quarters and now they want to throw the flags in the fourth quarter. It was a good thing to see that they called the game right."

Moss on the trash talking: "There was just so much trash talking, man, from guys who really hadn't done anything in the league. So basically, me being a 10-year vet and seeing those guys out there talking smack, they haven't done nothing yet. So it was a good thing for the offense that Jabar Gaffney came up with a key catch, luckily, for six and, you know, we shut them up, and that was a good thing. I'm not a trash talker. I talk with my play, not with my mouth."

I dunno, Moss really never was a trash talker. Not that I've ever seen.

And the Ravens really do talk a ton of shit for being such a bad team. You saw how many scuffles they were in this game.

woodchuck

Shalashaska said:
Right. You've attacked me twice for being an idiot when you were the one wrong. They showed it after they came back from commercial.

Watch the game more closely next time and stop whining. Pats > Cowboys.

the FULL replay (meaning from the snap on where you could see the safety holding Watson). the only time they showed that was on the postgame with sal, emmitt, and young.

the replay they showed during the game wasn't conclusive because it didnt show what happened after the snap.

in the highlights right after the game, they didn't show the replay (which was what i was referring to)

East Lake

Mooreberg said:
The Patriots will work to convince the Ravens to trade McGahee for a 2nd and 7th round draft pick during the offseason.
What? I'm trying to find a way to get that video so I can make a gif of Seau getting owned by McGahee, you got my hopes up then smashed them to bits. :lol

X26

Banned
Tamanon said:
I dunno, Moss really never was a trash talker. Not that I've ever seen.

And the Ravens really do talk a ton of shit for being such a bad team. You saw how many scuffles they were in this game.

It's not so much Moss as it is about his comments about the pats as a whole. I've seen ~5 pats games this seasan start to finish, they trash talk and taunt plenty.

MiamiWesker said:
We need the Billick blowing kisses gif right now. :lol
72kta2a.gif

harSon

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
True, but Maddox did lose that game against Houston in '02 when Carr was 3 of 10 for 33 freaking yards.

Don't even bring up Maddox. I had never seen so many interceptions returned for touchdowns in a single season in my life before Maddox touched the ball.

Also, even though I was pretty young at the time... I remember Mike Tomzack shitting games up like no other.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
holy shit.

watching the highlights of the sean taylor funeral. sad, sad shit. lavar arrington, such a giant (by the way, when the fuck did he get so big?) sobbing. ugh.

and yeah, drew rosenhaus is a cocksucker. :lol seemed so damn fake. I thought I was watching Vince McMahon give a eulogy.

Zep

Banned
Just returned from the Ravens' locker room. Those guys are ticked off. They said the league wants the Patriots to win, to the point that officials make calls favoring New England with the game on the line. They said Tom Brady sells tickets for the league, so the league wants Brady and the Patriots to stay unbeaten. I'll start posting the direct quotes momentarily. Refresh the blog periodically and you'll see them as they post.
Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on officiating: "Everybody is kind of cheering for them to go undefeated and break all the records. They called them the greatest offense on earth. So who knows? ... They made one more play than us and they got a little help."
Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down aver Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get inot that part of the game. I just do my job."
Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets"
Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."
Scott: "We outplayed them, plain and simple. We punched them in the mouth on both sides of the ball."
Ravens receiver Derrick Mason: "Allow the players to dictate how the game is going to go, especially the last couple of seconds. It's kind of like basketball. There's three seconds on the clock. Let the guys play. The best team is going to win. You don't let outside circumstances dictate how the game is going to go. It's hard to play against the best team in the NFL and beat them. You are out there and working hard. You are playing against them and then also you have the other guys and it seems you are playing against them, also."
More from Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San DIego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same things happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."
More from Mason on how hard it is to beat the Patriots: "It's kind of like that old Bulls team when they were running the tables. You were playing against Jordan, Pippen and the bunch and it was hard to beat them because everyone was on their side. That's the way it is now. You've got Brady and the bunch. It's hard to beat them when you're playing against them and extra people."
Mason on whether the refs can get caught up in talk of an undefeated season: "I think everybody can get caught up. You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs. It was just despicable. They don't want us to say anything to them, but they treat us like we're little kids out there, saying anything they want to say. As players, we can't say anything back. We can't report it to anybody because it's our word against theirs. But you have to give it up to New England. They did what they had to do. They scored at the end and that's all you can ask of a team."
Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister on whether the NFL wants the Patriots to win: "They get a lot of calls. I'll say that. We've been watching film on them all week and I mean, they do get a lot of calls. As far as the NFL wanting them to win, you can't totally not think about it in those terms."
Ravens running back Willis McGahee: "I felt like we played our hearts out tonight and got some bogus calls, but it is what it is."
McGahee on which calls bothered him the most: "Shhh. Pass interference, the holding on (Jamaine) Winborne. There was a lot. I can't even remember them all."
Ravens coach Brian Billick spoke with reporters for only about a minute after the game. Asked why the Ravens called timeout before stuffing Brady on fourth down, Billick said, "We didn't feel like we were in the right configuration, kind of knew what they were going to do and felt like we needed a better call, I guess." It wasn't clear what he meant. Asked which person called the timeout, Billick said, "We called the timeout." Asked if the calls just didn't seem to go the Ravens' way late in the game, Billick said, "Yeah, evidently not."
Asked about what he said to Scott about tossing an official's flag into the stands, Billick said, "You've gotta be smarter than that. Can't be a dumb football player."
I'll leave you with a comment overheard from a veteran player: "You might as well crown them the Super Bowl champs if it's going to be like that."

. . .

East Lake

Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down aver Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get inot that part of the game. I just do my job."

Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."
I just saw a replay on sportscenter showing it called by a coach on the sideline with the field and players in the foreground, clearly before the play started. As for the calls, that's another matter, and I doubt that the refs are making bad ones for the Patriots.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Antimatter said:
I just saw a replay on sportscenter showing it called by a coach on the sideline with the field and players in the foreground, clearly before the play started. As for the calls, that's another matter, and I doubt that the refs are making bad ones for the Patriots.
Only the head coach is supposed to be allowed to call a time out on the sidelines.

But that pass interference call was bullshit and I see where they are coming from there. There was a lot of acting going on. They're also right about Brady. Brady was throwing temper tantrums the whole game, but if a Ravens player had something to say they were immediately brushed off to the side and were expected to shut up. Do I think the Patriots get favorable calls? All the time. Right now they are this golden team that has been placed on a pedestal (the media, including the commentators basically fellate them) and I think the refs feel the need to give them preferential treatment.

East Lake

JohnTinker said:
Only the head coach is supposed to be allowed to call a time out on the sidelines.
Hmmm, forgot about that. Maybe a Ravens player saw him and did the same? Refs could've screwed it up.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Absinthe said:
But that pass interference call was bullshit and I see where they are coming from there. There was a lot of acting going on. They're also right about Brady. Brady was throwing temper tantrums the whole game, but if a Ravens player had something to say they were immediately brushed off to the side and were expected to shut up. Do I think the Patriots get favorable calls? All the time. Right now they are this golden team that has been placed on a pedestal (the media, including the commentators basically fellate them) and I think the refs feel the need to give them preferential treatment.
Ever study old film of Michael Jordan?

The term "Jordan Calls" didn't come out of thin air. It's because he usually did get preferential treatment, and not because the refs consciously did it but because they just liked him. Every time he had to bitch about a call he would bend over, act like he's catching his breath next to a ref, and just start bitching. That way the ref wasnt put into a position where they were seen as being berated by a star, so they appreciated that respect and just LIKED Jordan more.

I think Tom Brady does a lot of that. He throws tantrums but he never embarasses a ref by running up to them spazzing out after a bad call.

My point is, yeah the Patriots are going to get some calls. All great teams get calls in every sport. That's the mark of a great team.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Oh man. Looks like early rumors are saying that both Kevin Jones and Roy Williams are leaving the Lions after next season. It's still early, but apparently Roy leaves every day teh Lions get 2 days in a row off for his family in Odessa, Texas, and wants to move back home.

WTF! Cowboys getting Roy AND having TO?!??!??! Can you imagine a Romo/Roy tandem for the next five or six years? Lethal.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
whytemyke said:
Oh man. Looks like early rumors are saying that both Kevin Jones and Roy Williams are leaving the Lions after next season. It's still early, but apparently Roy leaves every day teh Lions get 2 days in a row off for his family in Odessa, Texas, and wants to move back home.

WTF! Cowboys getting Roy AND having TO?!??!??! Can you imagine a Romo/Roy tandem for the next five or six years? Lethal.

I doubt the cowboys could take TO and the kinda contract Roy Williams would command.

Texans would be more likely

Id throw bags of money at Roy to come to Philly

Zep

Banned
whytemyke said:

No big deal for the Lions...When they draft Manningham, him and Calvin will make a great duo for years.

CB3 said:
Id throw bags of money at Roy to come to Philly

I know you would...but ;)

you know where im going with this.

East Lake

Big Zep said:
The shit is pointless now but if Rex Ryan called that timeout, Mr. Ref fucked up big time.
He did, just saw it on sportscenter. Ref was watching the play from the sideline, but obviously at least saw it out of his peripheral vision, Rex was right next to him.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Big Zep said:
No big deal for the Lions...When they draft Manningham, him and Calvin will make a great duo for years.

I know you would...but ;)

you know where im going with this.

Yeah. Thats why i wont even bother with the Roy Williams (The good one, not the one that blows coverages) hype train to philly

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Big Zep said:

Holy shit, wow. There's some big ol' bitches in that locker room.

Edit: I'm sure players on both sides of the field will be getting letters from the NFL front office, however for the Ravens to just lay all the blame at the feet of the Refs? Pathetic.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just go to the AFC but leaving Detroit for another NFC would be a stab in the back. His been the most loved player for the last 3 years for most Lions fans. Let's see what the Lions do, but of course I only expect the worst from management.

As for Kevin Jones I don't blame him for leaving. He doesn't get used enough in our offense, and in another system he'll get you 1,300+ yard if he can stay healthy.

Kastrioti said:
Just go to the AFC but leaving Detroit for another NFC would be a stab in the back. His been the most loved player for the last 3 years for most Lions fans. Let's see what the Lions do, but of course I only expect the worst from management.

my favorite offensive dolphins player of post-marino is chris chambers :(

Rorschach

bluemax said:
I laughed out loud after Brady ran for the first on the 4th and 6. You just had to know that was coming.
I called it before the play. Limp dick defense gets you bad results every time!

JohnTinker said:
brady ran away from the press conference like it was pregnant with his kid
:lol

SickBoy

whytemyke said:
I think Tom Brady does a lot of that. He throws tantrums but he never embarasses a ref by running up to them spazzing out after a bad call.

The one big memory I have of Brady this year is him absolutely going ballistic at the end of a game (apparently at a ref), after a kneeldown... so I'm not sure I completely agree on that end :)

As for this game, IMO Boller threw it away. That pick was huge... gave the Pats good field position, eliminated a very makeable field goal opportunity and it just simply shouldn't have been thrown. That was the point where I felt it was game over for the Ravens... it's a shame... Baltimore played a really good game.

Rorschach

He also spazzed out tonight when he wanted that holding call when he threw that horrible throw. The ref was like half his height and one third his weight. He cursed at him too.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Let me tell you something, theres nothing more satisfying than listening to the opposing teams station on AM Radio as their team goes from surely beating the undefeated Patriots to shooting themselves in the foot multiple times :lol

Crazy fucken game, I'm about to watch the highlights since I left for work around the beginning of the 3rd.

Enron

Banned
X26 said:
Yay Patriots*

Fuck randy moss. Chris McAllister, Ed Reed, Ray Lews, Terrell Suggs, yeah, a bunch of rookies that have never done anything in the league.

I hope someone breaks his legs, too. God.

Striker

Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister on whether the NFL wants the Patriots to win: "They get a lot of calls. I'll say that. We've been watching film on them all week and I mean, they do get a lot of calls. As far as the NFL wanting them to win, you can't totally not think about it in those terms."
Here's a go: don't tackle Moss in the endzone when the ball is in the air!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom