• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official October 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Aquanox

I think most people here is understimating the Halo Effect

[360] 500k
[Wii] 460k
[PS3] 135k
[PS2] 180k

I dunno about Handhelds.

Cheesemeister said:
Too late.

Reopened until Wednesday @ 4PM EST due to the NPD hullabaloo and many people not bothering to predict.

Next month, it will resume it's schedule of closing the Friday before results are released.

DC R1D3R

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Reopened until Wednesday @ 4PM EST due to the NPD hullabaloo and many people not bothering to predict.

Next month, it will resume it's schedule of closing the Friday before results are released.

in that case:
[360] 440k
[Wii] 450k
[PS3] 135k
[PS2] 210k
[PSP] 265k
[NDS] 385k
[GBA] 55k

donny2112

sonycowboy said:

As long as we don't make this a habit. :p

I was about to post the averages for software, too. :lol I won't go back and change my numbers, now that I've seen the averages, though.

Amused_To_Death said:
Pachter's estimates...
Most of his stuff doesn't seem too far-out. I wonder about Wii, though; does he have reason to believe supply was greater than the previous 3 months, to the tune of about 10K/week?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
[WII] 450001
[PS3] 124999
[360] 324999
[PS2] 190000
[PSP] 224999
[NDS] 400001
[GBA] 60000

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
sonycowboy said:

Wait...What? We're getting NPD numbers again? I haven't spent much time on GAF lately so what did I miss?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
sonycowboy said:

Haha, thanks! I didn't bother to post my predictions last time for this very reason.

[360] 300k
[Wii] 450k
[PS3] 140k
[PS2] 250k
[PSP] 220k
[NDS] 420k

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
sonycowboy said:
There are 3 4 very good reasons why this is a very bad idea:
1) We don't discuss anything here... it would be "...so as to allow more 'arguing about' the predictions themselves." It'll be about November sales too! :(

2) November and NPD... The numbers will be delayed. The only doubt about it is whether or not they'll be released at all.

3) This thread was already on page 10 when I made this post. I don't think there is enough interest to justify arguing about predictions for 6 to 13 to infinate days.

4) I don't like it.

May I suggest closing prediction on the Sunday night prior. It still gives us time to fight without getting the thread locked before the number come out.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
[360] 280k
[Wii] 440k
[PS3] 160k
[PS2] 200k
[PSP] 280k
[NDS] 400k
[GBA] 40k

Keio

For a Finer World
[WII] 461,000
[NDS] 389,000
[360] 386,000
[PSP] 235,000
[PS2] 211,000
[PS3] 101,000
[GBA] 54,000

GameGamer

8bit said:
Does one win anything other than self satisfaction for getting the closest estimates?

To out guess the professionals who are paid to make those predictions.

It's good to know they are as worthless as the game press.

That is satisfying.

Question about the official format:

Does it have to be in the order of the first post, or can I do it from most to least?

Also, if I add GCN and XBX predictions, will it void the rest of them?

jamesinclair said:
Question about the official format:

Does it have to be in the order of the first post, or can I do it from most to least?

Also, if I add GCN and XBX predictions, will it void the rest of them?

Order is unimportant, but be aware that if you make two predictions for the same system in either the same post or a subsequent post, the newer will overwrite the older. NGC and XBX predictions can still be entered, but will only apply if we get those numbers. Everyone who hadn't made predictions for numbers we get would be penalized as a matter of course.

Top Bottom