• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Game Installs thread

Cday

Banned
Installing worked wonders for Fable 2. The whole menu/expressions don't stutter anymore. If I'm not mistaken the framerate is a lot smoother as well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Fable II is great when installed, if only for the fact that I don't have to fear getting my save corrupted because of a disc read error. Rushing through the game to catch up to my story progress and it's nice how the menu lag is reduced considerably.

duckroll

CajoleJuice said:
Shit, I need to free up some space to install Dead Rising. And then once I beat it, delete it. 20GB :\

It seems installing Dead Rising does nothing for the load times. They might be hardcoded. :/

bigswords

Hmmm I noticed for Gears 2 after I installed it I could not continue any of my single player saves. Do I have to delete them and redo it again?

meddow

dork said:
Any red alert 3 news, or am i the only one who bought it

nope i brought it too

not much difference apart from no spinning drive.

but its all good!

what do u think of it too? (the game)

Ledsen

gkrykewy said:
Ebay refurb 120GBs for the win. According to CAG, MS will send you the transfer kit for free if you write "on order" for the serial number of your alleged new Elite system - they aren't stingy with the transfer kits.

Are those cheap refurbs from Hong Kong legit? I was worried they were knock-offs or something.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
bigswords said:
Hmmm I noticed for Gears 2 after I installed it I could not continue any of my single player saves. Do I have to delete them and redo it again?

You serious? That wast he first game I was going to install...

bigswords

DaCocoBrova said:
You serious? That wast he first game I was going to install...

Give it a shot, that's the only game I cannot load my single player save file..it just wont even let me start a new game. I'm thinking I have to delete the save, but I'm just hoping that there's a patch or something.

But no dvd noise..is godsent..

TheKurgan

Darunia said:
Fable II is great when installed, if only for the fact that I don't have to fear getting my save corrupted because of a disc read error. Rushing through the game to catch up to my story progress and it's nice how the menu lag is reduced considerably.

Very happy to hear this. I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of installing it on my HD. Couldn't stand the load times and constant streaming from my DVD drive. Plus that fact the game accumulates money while your away is a big plus. I look forward to the +500,000 gold when I turn it back on. :D

DaCocoBrova

CajoleJuice said:
WHAT

wow, fuck that game. who wants my copy?

mac-littering-avatar.gif

painey said:
I've installed Gears 2, GHWT, Smackdown 2009, CoD:WaW, Mirrors Edge, Banjo: N&B and Tomb Raider Underworld so far. I LOVE it. I dont think I will ever play a game on my 360 again without first installing it.
I feel the same, even the slightest improvement I welcome and having a quiet 360 makes it a win-win. I have already installed Gears 2 & Fallout 3 and I will continue to install a game whenever I am going to play it. I love my Elite :D.

DaCocoBrova said:
Really though, I bought the game used off someone on here, and due to the constant, lengthy loading, I gave up after an hour. I decided not to touch the game again until I installed it. I have no desire to ever play the game now.

DaCocoBrova

I never had an issue w/ the loading personally. One of a the few games I've played to completion.

bigswords

Shit does my Gears 2 have an issue? I can't seem to continue any of my single player saves.... if it helps mine's an Asian region.

TekunoRobby said:
I've installed 9 games already. :lol

Gears of War 2
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Saints Row 2
Rock Band 2
Soul Calibur IV
Grand Theft Auto IV
Try out Mass Effect yet, any improvements?

Zoltrix

CajoleJuice said:
WHAT

wow, fuck that game. who wants my copy?

I`ll take it.

bigswords said:
Shit does my Gears 2 have an issue? I can't seem to continue any of my single player saves.... if it helps mine's an Asian region.

I think I heard of someone somewhere with the same problem as you. They couldn't access their saves or start a new game (nothing that involved campaign). This was a few days ago so it wasn't because of installing the game. You might want to post in the Gears 2 thread and ask about it. Sorry I can't really help.

gkryhewy

Ledsen said:
Are those cheap refurbs from Hong Kong legit? I was worried they were knock-offs or something.

I'd steer clear of the HK ones, since they're probably hacks rather than original MS units. There are a bunch of genuine elite 120GB refurbs from US sellers though.

dork

Banned
meddow said:
nope i brought it too

not much difference apart from no spinning drive.

but its all good!

what do u think of it too? (the game)

had to finish fable before i started, i plan on starting it today or tomorrow (after mirrors edge)

I know it will be good because its CnC. You like it? Ive been waiting for it forever, i just want to make sure i have time when i start it

skyfinch

I was hoping that installing Forza 2 would get rid of that delay when you select a different car, but it's still there. Not as bad as before, though. A slight improvement in load times as well before races.

Gears of War 2 doesn't get rid of all the texture fade in, but it does fade in much, much quicker than before.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Looks like I may have just enough room for Dead Space and Left 4 Dead :lol

Only having 20 gb sucks but at least I'm only playing 2 games at the moment!

DuckRacer

Installed Burnout Paradise; I didn't time the loading or anything, but it seems like it takes a lot longer to load with the install, similar to Halo 3. I'll have to try again, but it took forever, which isn't normal.

I've installed all my games but I've only really tried out Fable 2 and GTA4. HOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE! (120GB HDD) it's night and day for me, no more pop in in GTA :D

Loading times are substantially reduced across the board (Shaves of 5-8 seconds on average :D and pop ins and slight lags are gone!) Love it!

Guide menu is nice and smooth as well in game, NXE delivers! (Now how's about getting us a Netflix equivalent in the UK MS!)

DeadGzuz

Banned
I think a lot of you are getting a placebo effect with the frame rates and pop-in, these issues are not DVD problems for the most part.

shpankey

not an idiot
Anyone have a list of the games where it actually slows down the loading (like, I know Halo does and a few other games if I remember correctly).

p3tran

Banned
big difference in midnight run for me.
the game was basically unplayble from dvd after the point where you would get a fast car.
now its got a crystal clear fov and zero popin. ballin'

Phatcorns

DeadGzuz said:
I think a lot of you are getting a placebo effect with the frame rates and pop-in, these issues are not DVD problems for the most part.

If people can placebo the framerate into something better than it was, I want in on this.

Duck said:
Installed Burnout Paradise; I didn't time the loading or anything, but it seems like it takes a lot longer to load with the install, similar to Halo 3. I'll have to try again, but it took forever, which isn't normal.
Not surprised. Outside of the initial load, the game has no loading in the world, so installing isn't going to speed up much.

In fact, since they do use the HDD for caching in online games, I worry that it might actually be slower for online games.

gdt

Im going on a shopping spree soon and buying every big game since (and including) GTA IV, so the only game i'm really playing right now is COD 4 online. Any difference?

Top Bottom