• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok. What's up with Dark Cloud 3 ?

Ranger X

I was waiting for this game. Liked the first installment, loved the second one.
The game was still listed here and there but nobody talk about it, nobody seems to know shit about it or maybe i just missed the info.
Supporters of Dark Cloud serie and people in the know please say something (other than irrelevant stuff and trolling of course) ;)

Mrbob

Nothing has been shown. :/

I think Che knows something about the game. Not sure, though. I remember it being rumored by nothing has come of it.

People have guessed that this was the first sign of DC3

new2.jpg

L5 hasn't said anything about it since. All they've said is that they have a PSP game and a game for an unannounced platform in development right now.

Mrbob

Yes and yes.

But a couple notable additions:

1) The game has randomnly placed dungeons. But the layouts are much better. I've never seen anyway get screwed because of a dungeon layout in Dark Cloud 2 where I heard about it sometimes in Dark Cloud

2) Weapons still have endurance and can break. However endurance level is much higher in part 2. Repair powder is much more frequent. And when your weapon breaks it doesn't disappear. You just can't use it until you repair it!

Reilly

Mrbob said:
Yes and yes.

But a couple notable additions:

1) The game has randomnly placed dungeons. But the layouts are much better. I've never seen anyway get screwed because of a dungeon layout in Dark Cloud 2 where I heard about it sometimes in Dark Cloud

2) Weapons still have endurance and can break. However endurance level is much higher in part 2. Repair powder is much more frequent. And when your weapon breaks it doesn't disappear. You just can't use it until you repair it!

*sigh* Looks like I have to buy this along with Breath of Fre 5. I just got Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Kingdom Hearts. :(

I have lot's of gaming to do. :D

Shao

DC2 also has an amazing soundtrack, especially that tune which comes on when you clear a level and just wander around in peace looking for the exit.

I kind of hated the fact that you had to kill everything in a level just to get a go at the golf game which of course re-generated randomly everytime so was often impossible. Meaning you died and had to kill everything again to try another randomly generated golf game ARGH

Dark Cloud 3 is my most wanted game. I really dont think i enjoyed any game more than DC2 this gen, so i really hope they are working on a new one.

Korranator

Mrbob said:
YES.

DARK CLOUD 2 IS ABOUT 10 BILLIONS TIMES BETTER. And Dark Cloud 1 rox. :D
For me it was opposite. I thought the 1st was enjoyable but flawed, but the 2nd one bored me to tears.

kevm3

Most games with cel shading look like garbage, but Dark Cloud 2 managed to pull it off perfectly Level 5 does wonders with the technology.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
pj325is said:
I've already played (and love) DC2, is DC1 worth playing?

Oh god no, DC1 was an abomination. It played like a mish mash of ideas not fully realized until DC2.

pj

Banned
rainer516 said:
Oh god no, DC1 was an abomination. It played like a mish mash of ideas not fully realized until DC2.

Well that's one less game for the back log, then

Oneself

SolidSnakex said:
People have guessed that this was the first sign of DC3

new2.jpg

L5 hasn't said anything about it since. All they've said is that they have a PSP game and a game for an unannounced platform in development right now.

"Enter the new world" doesn't it sound "early next-gen announcement" enough for you guys!? :)

I remember L-5 said they were (and still are) indeed working on a PSP game, wich I'm pretty sure is not what this pic is about, so this probably leads to an "unannouced platform"... at the time this picture appeared (as well as an interview/rumor about the fact that True Fantasy live could surface on PS2/3 on IGN), the PS3 was still "unannouned". The artwork is a property of Sony.. now let's just hope! :D

Scott

Oneself said:
"Enter the new world" doesn't it sound "early next-gen announcement" enough for you guys!? :)

I remember L-5 said they were (and still are) indeed working on a PSP game, wich I'm pretty sure is not what this pic is about, so this probably leads to an "unannouced platform"... at the time this picture appeared (as well as an interview/rumor about the fact that True Fantasy live could surface on PS2/3 on IGN), the PS3 was still "unannouned". The artwork is a property of Sony.. now let's just hope! :D
Sorry to have to stomp all over your theories here, but:
Q: Last year, Sony Computer Entertainment announced that Level 5 was working on an original RPG for its new PlayStation Portable handheld. Can you tell us any details regarding this new project?
A: We will announce details soon. It will be a Level 5-style original title. Please look forward to it.

Q: In addition to this PlayStation Portable title are there any games currently in development? Are you planning to announce a third PlayStation 2 title soon?
A: Of course. The "Next RPG", which has been announced on our official website and elsewhere will be a PlayStation 2 title. We plan to release information on this game in the near future.
Taken from an interview with Akihiro Hino, President of Level 5, dated 2/15/05. You can read the rest here.

Top Bottom