• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Era, being critical of Microsoft is a bannable offence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry0

MJoThwV.png
Mod edited and wiped the post calling this out lol

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Lol been following the meltdown going on over there rn. I think there might an implosion there soon, general manager there was found out to be owning activision shares. And perhaps...conspiracy and all...had some interest in the merger going through and thus banning if anyone against LMAO

Couldn’t he have … not been bothered by an opposing opinion, it would have saved a lot of hassle, the arrogant twat.

cormack12

Gold Member
To be honest it shows the value in any sort of medium like this saying independent. Some of those screenies I had no idea but they deserve an oof! Yikes! And Capitalist Pig! meme

Kokoloko85

No surprise.

Pretty sure there are some shill mods.

Just like another forum where I get a temp ban when critising them or defending a Playstation game from some of the shilly Xbox propoganda...."cough" "cough"

Ms money goes a long way lol

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Mergers and acquisitions always result in layoffs. The whole point is for bean counters to see overlap and think oh, we can cut some here and cut some there and look at all this value we created!

I’ve worked for a few companies that have gone through them and none of them came out the other side looking better for it.

*User Banned: Inflammatory console warring multiple infractions possible phobe of some sort and probably white male

NightmareFarm said:
The difference is the matrix and star wars are entirely different continuities.

There is nothing far fetched about a character within the same continuity which has a reason to be in the plot. Vader hunts jedis. Cal Kestis is a jedi. It only stands to reason that they would encounter each other in this game. I don't get how that makes it a "shameless cameo" or whatever. And you seem to think it's a "cheap thrill" just because it features a popular character in the star wars continuity.

???

• LOL
Reactions: AV

Katatonic

Resetera should change name to xboxera.

Most of mods are xbox fanboys. There are vip members between mods.

A lot of xbox employees are registered on the forum, I won't be surprised if we discovey ms give financial support to that place.
It funny cuz I used to lurk there and there was literally no XBOX discussion until a member popped up (T*****y) and would make xbox threads non stop and set the stage for the Series launch narrative that got spread.

Astral Dog

I haven't cared about ERA in years , been better off since then they can keep their little Microsoft fanclub or whatever it is now

Last edited:

mitch1971

I honestly don’t know how they have any following at all. With all the bans they do, how fucking toxic they are, its amazing they still exist.
Its rule by fear. These people are too scared to say anything to be banned. Why? All they have to do is not go on the site!! But, I suspect some of these people are lonely and lost without some kind of cause to be part of.

phant0m

They built up their safe space bubble and refuse to let any actual discourse be discussed. They want that bubble. THey arent left leaning, they are far-left. Like all the way left.
Yup. On GAF, you can say some retarded shit and people will just call you out on it.

On Era, any even remotely sensitive topic or discussion is immediately met with a warning or ban.

Only topics approved by the bubble overlords is allowed. Smile and agree only. Virtue signal! Good job.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
No

It's because you go into a thread about anything remotely related to Microsoft and the same-olds derail it with their garbage tears, like they do here.

That is posted in the Xbox OT so there's at least one place you can talk about Xbox without feeling violated by incels.
Or, folks can stop taking the victim complex at each and every turn.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

It funny cuz I used to lurk there and there was literally no XBOX discussion until a member popped up (T*****y) and would make xbox threads non stop and set the stage for the Series launch narrative that got spread.
I know a tribe element of its members went mental at me once for posting that I thought the XSX should have a 4k UI a couple of years ago when it was still 1080p. And I was jumped on by multiple members telling me 1080p was fine and games would suffer and I didnt understand how complicated making a UI was.... it was truly bizarre. Of course a few months later the XSX UI got a 4k update. :rolleyes: But in addition to them being genuinely shockingly thicky idiots about it all. There was a weird nasty and macabre vibe to it too.

Just waiting for my account to be deleted... I'd forgotten all about it tbh.

Last edited:
We knew this already, it's why we stayed here. Just remember they don't even get paid to moderate it, so the power tripping is the only reason they bother, mean whilst some faceless corporation makes bank off all the adverts without having to put in any effort. It's a pretty pathetic situation whatever angle you look at it from.

Trilobit

What's the point of these resetera threads here? This is a nice and open forum so everytime people post stuff from there it's like someone bringing a sack of compost to a clean place and saying: "Oh boy! Look at what I found at the landfill, doesn't it stink?! Whoa!"

Oppoi

Sony deserves the axe. They abuse their power to keep companies who try their very, very best to compete at the very bottom. It's unfair and the gaming industry suffer because of it. We all suffer because of you Sony!

Last edited:

laynelane

I've never signed up there and don't go there to read either. I did do some initial checking years ago and noticed you're good as long as you say the right things there or you're out if you say the wrong things - both of these are suffocating and such a waste of precious free time.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Last edited:

RickMasters

Oh boy…. Honestly….. I dont know how I feel about this post on gaf…… saying anything nice about MS gets you ostracised and labelled a green rat.

Era is really just the flip side of the same coin The GAF is on. They are pro Xbox here is pro PS. I just happen to be one of them people who like forums where people don’t agree with me . Because I love the drama …… could you imagine joining a forum that is basically an echo chamber? 🤮🤮🤮😅😅

Oppoi

Oh boy…. Honestly….. I dont know how I feel about this post on gaf…… saying anything nice about MS gets you ostracised and labelled a green rat.

Era is really just the flip side of the same coin The GAF is on. They are pro Xbox here is pro PS. I just happen to be one of them people who like forums where people don’t agree with me . Because I love the drama …… could you imagine joining a forum that is basically an echo chamber? 🤮🤮🤮😅😅
Might have something to do with all the transparent astroturf. But please give the largest company in the world, a company that coined very word astroturf a pass.

Hero_Select

Can anyone pls explain what kind of values the people on RE have? I know they are left-leaning and VERY LGBT+-welcoming to a fault (from what I've heard), but anything more specific? Their behaviour seems extremely arbitrary and dare I say, actually toxic..?
Era is an echo chamber, and while this tends to apply to other forums as well Era is a lot more extreme and they don't value any dissenting opinions and will label you a bigot, sexist, racist etc etc.

it's funny how they keep having to say "wizard game" each time someone wants to bring it up for something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom