• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On what platform did you buy Alan wake 2

Platform

• XBOX

Votes: 53 23.5%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 100 44.2%
  • PC

Votes: 77 34.1%

• Total voters
Still undecided because of the Epic Store. If this was on steam, i'd be day one. PS5 inclined but 60fps mode looks blurry af, and quality mode with its heavy shimmering/aliasing and 30 fps is meh. I....have no choice...Alan Wake remastered never came to steam and Control took like 2 years to release on Steam...I'll have to suffer through that shitty app but I'll prolly go with PC.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Still undecided because of the Epic Store. If this was on steam, i'd be day one. PS5 inclined but 60fps mode looks blurry af, and quality mode with its heavy shimmering/aliasing and 30 fps is meh. I....have no choice...Alan Wake remastered never came to steam and Control took like 2 years to release on Steam...I'll have to suffer through that shitty app but I'll prolly go with PC.
The achievements sound of EGS is the worst…

Nankatsu

Gold Member
If they release a physical copy, PS5.
Maybe, MAYBE i'll buy the digital version...
Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’m not expecting a Steam release, so I might buy a cheap PC key off someone selling theirs.

At the same time I might just hold off on AW2 until the 50XX GPUs arrive. I feel like I need to experience this with Nvidia hardware.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Went PC for this one to “test” out my card.

I can’t believe anyone would suggest this is optimised in any sense of the word.

How is it a top of the line GFX card need DLSS and Frane gen to hit above 60fps 4k utter shambles and honestly quite ridiculous.

So the optimisation is - have the best hardware you can buy. Wow incredible PC devs.

The game itself looks very atmospheric and beautiful , maxing it out it looks sharp and with DLSS frame gen getting about 70fps.

Tempted by PS5 for comfort and ease.

Dualsense full features via wired connection on PC.

PS5

Alan wake is a game I want to sit on the couch and relax. My 3060ti can’t handle that lol.

Plus the girl wants to play it too so we split the cost.

Plus #2 epic store 🤮

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Well, Epic funded it so it's probably never coming to steam. Seems a bit stupid to not play a game because you have to click on a different launcher.
The obsessive demand for Steam to be a monopoly boggles my mind. Things like refunds would NEVER have come to Steam if not for competition.
AW2 wouldn’t likely exist if not for Epic so if the price I have to pay is to download another launcher for a game to exist I think I’ll live. A launcher that I can choose to uninstall once I’m done playing the game.

Gonna wait for Steam myself. LOVED the first game, but there's not much about the series that makes me have to play it right now that splitting my library up even more just isn't worth the annoyance I'll have in the future, so I'm comfortable waiting for the Steam release. Looks incredible though and I'm SO glad Alan Wake is back.

Luipadre

PS5 but im gonna buy this game again if i get a 5000 card for my PC whenever those comes out

Last edited:
Top Bottom