• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On what platform did you buy Alan wake 2

Platform

• XBOX

Votes: 53 23.5%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 100 44.2%
  • PC

Votes: 77 34.1%

• Total voters

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nobody buys this game, they lease it. No one will ever actually own Alan Woke II.
sponge-bob-square-pants-mr-krabs.gif

Can’t vote, but purchased on PS5. I purchased AW 1 and American Nightmare on Xbox 360 and PC. Didn’t buy it on Series X cause I had credit on PS5, no real reason aside from that. Living every second so far. Would buy again.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
PC and will try GeForce ultimate with it for first time. Hoping to be blown away.

Esppiral

Still waiting for a face off to decide between Ps5 and XboxSX, but those adaptative triggers are very tempting

Mortisfacio

Trying to get my wife into more games so was contemplating getting this for Xbox so she can play too, but given the issues I'm hearing with it, probably will just get this for PC. Really wish it were on Steam, though.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I would get it even on series s. Just not fucking epic store. It’s like selling my soul.

I got the ps5 version. 30fps mode is good

Zuzu

Not at all it’s up there with the best looking ps5 games at least so far in the beginning section of the forest….. demon’s souls ish level.

Oh that’s good. I wasn’t sure whether you were happy or disappointed with them

MacReady13

Still undecided because of the Epic Store. If this was on steam, i'd be day one. PS5 inclined but 60fps mode looks blurry af, and quality mode with its heavy shimmering/aliasing and 30 fps is meh. I....have no choice...Alan Wake remastered never came to steam and Control took like 2 years to release on Steam...I'll have to suffer through that shitty app but I'll prolly go with PC.
Blurry as fuck on performance mode?!? I purchased the PS5 version and play on performance mode- looks cryatal clear to me on my Sony 4k.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not sure what I'll buy it for.

Dualsense features will probably factor in, but I also don't plan on buying it anytime soon.

Last edited:

phant0m

PS5. Too good of a couch game, plus Atmos with it is *chefs kiss*

I'll probably get it on PC eventually too when I upgrade to RTX 50x0 series so I get experience all the DLSS 3.5+ glory

Krathoon

Does the PC version fully support the PS5 controller? Haptic feedback and everything?

I went ahead and got the PC version since the game is so demanding.

If it ever releases on Steam, then there during a 95% off sale. If there had been a physical release, then it would have been day one on PS5. If they do release a physical edition sometime down the road, then I'll also wait till deep clearance. If they treat physical collectors like they don't exist or like second class citizens, then it is only befitting that I do the same to them. Game looks cool though.

Hudo

Waiting for Steam PC release. Not a fan of DRM account-gating bullshit. Steam is also shit but I am not subjecting myself to yet another of these platforms. Steam is already enough.

SCB3

I did buy it on PC but the System requirements scared me off so refunded and got the PS5 version

Haven't yet purchased it. Still trying to decide between XSX and PC, my only PC at the moment is a Lenovo gaming laptop with Intel 13th gen CPU and RTX 4060. I guess I'll go with PC version, just because DLSS.

Denton

PC, specifically greenmangaming. 41 euros is still more than I would like to pay for EGS game, but it's Remedy. I am willing to swallow that bitter pill for them.

M.W.

My buddy bought on XSX and I game share with him, so I have that version and the PC version. PC version is aces.

Krathoon

Oh yeah. I definitely got my game key from a third party. I got that discount on green man.

I always buy my games at a discount. I do not believe in paying full price.

Your major game apps are a racket. Don't accept their prices. It is not a free market.

Interfectum

PC, specifically greenmangaming. 41 euros is still more than I would like to pay for EGS game, but it's Remedy. I am willing to swallow that bitter pill for them.
I'm against EGS too but Epic did fund the game. Who knows if the game would even exist without their funding so I can I can swallow the pill this time.

Top Bottom