• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

I still want to know how Pinocchio found out who Baelfire was. He presumably never met him in Fairy Tale world, didn't know he had come to the same world, and probably wouldn't have recognized him if he did, given the passage of time. Has that actor been signed on for more recurring appearances this half of the season?

Man this show has really turned awful.
even characters who were acted great before are starting to seem bad(Snow)
Sad most people I know that watched it are all dropping out.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man this show has really turned awful.
even characters who were acted great before are starting to seem bad(Snow)
Sad most people I know that watched it are all dropping out.

A buddy of mine watches it with his wife, so I basically just watch to make fun of it with him. It has potential, but I don't think it'll ever live up to it.

That said, the girl that plays young Snow is perfect. She totally looks and acts like Ginnifer Goodwin

How come they make an episode about the Queen's death and the King, supposedly a good loving person is no where to be seen near his spouse to be there for her or for his daughter to comfort her about the kid's mother dying?

Introducing a new character, in such an awkward manner, forcing a bonding between it and others characters just so it could so predictably be used as leverage in the same episode felt cheap as f*ck too.

Niraj

How come they make an episode about the Queen's death and the King, supposedly a good loving person is no where to be seen near his spouse to be there for her or for his daughter to comfort her about the kid's mother dying?

Introducing a new character, in such an awkward manner, forcing a bonding between it and others characters just so it could so predictably be used as leverage in the same episode felt cheap as f*ck too.

Yeah good point. Part of me was wondering if she was actually working for Cora. She sent Snow to the forest, was there when the horse went crazy, etc. But then Cora killed her and ruined that theory :/

KevinCow

Banned
This show can be kinda stupid sometimes... okay, it can be really stupid a lot of the time, but I'm still enjoying it. I wish it would get back to season 1 quality, though.

I'm glad they finally cleared up the timeline for Rumple and Bael by saying that he went to Neverland before he got to our world, and that they're both a couple hundred years old. But that only brings up more inconsistencies and questions. Like how the magic bean Bael used was supposed to take him to a world without magic, but Neverland clearly has magic. And how did Rumple know that his son was still alive after hundreds of years?

This show can be kinda stupid sometimes... okay, it can be really stupid a lot of the time, but I'm still enjoying it. I wish it would get back to season 1 quality, though.

I'm glad they finally cleared up the timeline for Rumple and Bael by saying that he went to Neverland before he got to our world, and that they're both a couple hundred years old. But that only brings up more inconsistencies and questions. Like how the magic bean Bael used was supposed to take him to a world without magic, but Neverland clearly has magic. And how did Rumple know that his son was still alive after hundreds of years?

Peter Pan took those 3 kids from our world to neverland, so there obviously is a way for them to get bael to neverland.

This show is completely terrible now though.

The seer from last episode told him he would find his son with the curse. So no matter how long he took to set up the curse he knew that his son would be alive waiting for him...

Edit: And he never said he met hook at neverland, he said he said he was send somewhere else before getting to the real world... It could still be a fantasy world without magic, like frankenstein world.

Tuck

I had thought that time worked differently in the real world and the fairy tale world, but guess not. I guess this new explanation works well enough, though as others have said, the bean was supposed to take Baelfire to a world without magic. Neverland is the only place where Baelfire would not age, so he had to have gone there first.

And I agree some of the acting has been very off lately.

That part where Hook showed up in New York - wow that was bad,

This episode was the highlight of the season so far. I felt it had been horribly dull until last night's airing. Carlyle deserves an emmy nod. I expected
Gold to be a goner. Everything was lining up for it.

The shit has hit the fan and the way it entwines and affects the characters is fantastic.

Niraj

Thought this one was decent actually. Liked the how the traditional Rumplestiltskin story was adapted, and the younger Cora was solid. Seems like this will shake things up a bit, which is also good.

I liked this episode too. Best scene for me was Cora knocking the speaker because she didn't like to hear snow saying she was wicked. I laughed hard at that.

And now they have set up Regina as the big bad again. Shit got real.

This show does handle well is the fairy tales stories... They are not always are relevant to the overall story, but they do seem to have take their time coming with all those arcs together... Even this season being not up to par with the first we could already see the writings on the wall all over season 1 to how things were connected, and it was nice to see another one story arc well adapted on the show.

What happened to Rose McGowan? She was still pretty, but her mouth seemed really strange, her mouth was definitely not like this it in Charmed, Planet Terror or Death Proof...

Niraj

Comment on A/V club's review says the princess that trips Cora is Snow White's mom. Never would have caught that myself. Guess it makes sense when you combine that with last episode.

Comment on A/V club's review says the princess that trips Cora is Snow White's mom. Never would have caught that myself. Guess it makes sense when you combine that with last episode.
Yeah, they call her by her name (Ava), and later Charming name drops Snow's mom to her to seal the deal.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
My wife and I enjoyed the line when Young Cora (McGowan) said "A bride's gotta be Snow White at her wedding" and Rumple says "When you see the future, there's irony everywhere"... it was fantastic and incredibly clever :)

My wife and I enjoyed the line when Young Cora (McGowan) said "A bride's gotta be Snow White at her wedding" and Rumple says "When you see the future, there's irony everywhere"... it was fantastic and incredibly clever :)

Oh yeah, forgot to comment about that, loved it too!

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I thought tonight's episode really brought it. Best episode of this season so far. They sure are throwing a lot of Star Wars references though. It was cool to notice the ENCOM sign from Tron on the bustop bench.

I've always liked Regina, glad to see her back as Queen Bitch.

Niraj

Solid episode, but I thought the twist at the end was pretty transparent as soon as that dude went into the forest.

StuBurns

Banned
I really loved this week's episode. I thought flashing back to the initial conception of the town was great, lots of cool little bits in there. Excellent.

VanWinkle

Really liked this episode. Loved the concept of seeing when everything first came into fruition. May have been my favorite of the season really.

KevinCow

Banned
This episode was pretty good. The show's definitely had an upswing with the past few episodes. Hopefully it keeps that momentum.

I'm actually surprised at the direction the season's taken. I thought for sure it was leading to a battle between Cora and Regina.

This episode was pretty good. The show's definitely had an upswing with the past few episodes. Hopefully it keeps that momentum.

I'm actually surprised at the direction the season's taken. I thought for sure it was leading to a battle between Cora and Regina.

I'm surprised, too, especially since I was expecting the end of the Cora conflict to be the season finale and not a middle episode. I guess real world vs. Storybrooke is going to be this season's finale, then.

The last few episodes have been pretty great, but I'm hoping it starts upswinging in ratings. It took a solid hit after the Super Bowl and hasn't really recovered.

I thought the episode was pretty good. I liked all the bits about the start of the town and how Regina would get tired over it over time. Now I'm more interested in how she came to adopt Henry.

I saw the twist coming from the beginning of the episode thanks to my fiancé, as soon as the kid mentioned light sabers she pointed out that they mentioned star wars again. It made me remember the ring tone and I figured it was the same guy. Still an interesting development, and the previews make it seem like it's going to get more interesting.

Regina really makes it hard for me to watch the show. I'm sure it's intentional but the way she is written just infuriates me. I can't stand the villain logic of everything she does is fine but when anyone else does anything a little morally grey its fucking horrible.

Apparently they might be doing a spinoff set in Wonderland.

Too bad Jefferson won't be able to return for it since the actor's caught up in Captain America.

I also kinda wonder how that would even work as a series, since the Wonderland parts in OUAT were some of the most CGI-heavy scenes the show's had. They'd have to pretty much redesign Wonderland.

I have absolutely no idea how they could get away with a full series set in such a surreal world.

KevinCow

Banned
Bwahaha, dat CGI August.

I'm sad that he reverted to a boy, though. I liked that actor and kinda hoped that he'd eventually return as a regular.

Still, a pretty good episode. It's funny how the past four or five episodes have had more plot developments than the entire rest of the season. Like if they'd spread them out more, this season might have actually been pretty good. Get Emma and Snow back to Storybrooke faster, move the blatantly obvious reveal that Henry's father is also Rumpelstiltskin's son up about half a season, and introduce Neil's fiance sooner.

Eh. I guess it's easier to say that as a viewer. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes and next season will be better for it.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Ugh trying to keep up with this show is difficult. Why so many breaks between episode, seems like there is a new episode every other month.

Yeah, CGI August was bad. I'm just waiting for them all to go to the "grid" from Tron wouldn't that be an interesting twist or dare I say a galaxy far far away.

The pacing was bad the first half of the season with too many forgettable moments glad its all starting to make some sense. Mulan seems a distant memory.

Niraj

That CGI....and why would a tazer hurt him? Lol. Wish he wasn't a boy now too :/

So the Dragon was Mushu from Mulan, right?

Still pretty solid compared to most of the season. They've been on a pretty decent streak with these last few.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That CGI....and why would a tazer hurt him? Lol. Wish he wasn't a boy now too :/

So the Dragon was Mushu from Mulan, right?

Still pretty solid compared to most of the season. They've been on a pretty decent streak with these last few.
It seemed like it. Pretty ridiculous how he got taken down.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I don't know why the taser would hurt August. Or why it would kill the Asian red smoke guy. He wasn't that old.

I also don't know why they had to make the fiancee a villain. There's already enough "wow, what a crazy coincidence" stuff going on... they don't need to make everyone in the world connected in some crazy way to some other conspiracy like it's Lost.

tirminyl

Regina really makes it hard for me to watch the show. I'm sure it's intentional but the way she is written just infuriates me. I can't stand the villain logic of everything she does is fine but when anyone else does anything a little morally grey its fucking horrible.

I agree and it seems like none of the other characters think this way. It's frustrating.

It seemed like it. Pretty ridiculous how he got taken down.

I laughed out loud at this part for a good 30 seconds. It was one of those moments where I knew it was going to happen but didn't believe and my mind was subsequently blown when it happened. Like in Moby Dick 2010
when the whale swam up on the island and flew off a cliff just to kill one person. I told my friends that would happened, it happened, and I cried.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I seem to be in the minority, but I've loved season 2 as much as 1, still one of my favorite shows currently airing.
Really hope Regina makes it to next season, she's my favorite character on the show and I just love Lana Parilla

KevinCow

Banned
I laughed out loud at this part for a good 30 seconds. It was one of those moments where I knew it was going to happen but didn't believe and my mind was subsequently blown when it happened. Like in Moby Dick 2010
when the whale swam up on the island and flew off a cliff just to kill one person. I told my friends that would happened, it happened, and I cried.

This is now at the top of my to see list.

I like this series as well. Surprised there's been so little interest in it it seems.

It does fairly well in the ratings, I think. There's just not much of a following on GAF, apparently.

Personally, it's the show I look forward to most each week, even when it starts getting really stupid.

Setsuna

instead of a human looking wood puppet

why didn't they just do a wood puppet that looked like a human

it would have looked much better

It does fairly well in the ratings, I think. There's just not much of a following on GAF, apparently.

Personally, it's the show I look forward to most each week, even when it starts getting really stupid.

Actually, it's been tanking in the ratings recently. It used to pull 3.0s regularly and now it's barely above a 2.0 in the demo. But everything is down recently so there's still hope it can bounce back.

Apparently taser is the weapon of choice to kill magic-users. No guns in Storybrooke, only tasers.

aett

Prediction:
Tamara's grandmother is Tiana, from Princess and the Frog. It would make sense as that movie took place in 1920's New Orleans.

Tuck

The past few episodes have been great IMO. Really enjoying some of the recent turns. However, I really did not like
their direction with August. Back to a child? Ehh.... August was a great character, so I'm sorry to see him go. Adult August is basically dead.

EDIT:
Taser taking down the dragon guy was really, really dumb. Why didn't they just use a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom