• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wish the online webcomic's art didn't bother me that much. I just can't read it after the manga version.

Its funny that despite how sketchy his art is, the big fight in what would be season 2 could be done frame for frame off of One's drawings in Murata's style and it would blow the Boros fight out fight out of the water with ease. He is messy but get gets a lot better at actually drawing really Kinect fight scenes.

Moaradin

I read Mob Psycho 100 recently and I've come to appreciate One's art. I'm definitely tempted to switch to the webcomic for OPM since the manga has been kinda dragging lately.

HStallion

There isn't, but people ask continuously anyway. Guess they can't accept that his training made him that powerful.

The interesting thing about the world of One Punch Man is it seems until not too long before the events of the story proper started there didn't seem to be the same issue with monsters as there are during the story. If you pay attention most every monster is a human or animal or even sometimes things like an electric fan and were all based around some sort of extreme focus or devotion or desire. One monster was a man who had started putting car parts into his body to become a car and the very first one Saitama takes out when he still had hair was a man obsessed with eating crab.

Basically as we see time and time again the monsters are usually some extreme of the extreme delusion become reality or desire made manifest in some sick way. Its always the case, you do have monsters like those created by the House of Evolution but even still if we're going by the theme of becoming a monster by following an unhealthy or extreme path and feeling, the creator of the House of Evolution wanted to test the limits... of well Evolution and created all manner of monsters and an army of clones.

So Saitama wth his single minded unflappable desire to be a hero who could defeat any monster or villain with a single punch became manifest not because of how hard his physical training was but because he was damn devoted and single minded, the ultimate tunnel vision that after years and years of this made him a kind of "Monster" of his own. Except his desire wasn't something selfish or mean or nasty or kinky but was actually something rather pure and well just! He wanted to be a hero not for praise or power or money but just to be a hero because that's the right thing to do. His particular method involves obliterating any threat with a single punch/kick/head butt/etc.

So its all a theory of course but its totally consistent through out the series that Saitama won't face a real threat until he takes on someone whose desire or goal or whatever is as strong and "pure" as Saitama's. We even see this in how he basically Talk No Jutsu's certain baddies with what it means to be a hero and so on.

So its all a theory of course but its totally consistent through out the series that Saitama won't face a real threat until he takes on someone whose desire or goal or whatever is as strong and "pure" as Saitama's.
I'm expecting an evil Saitama clone, android Saitama or time-traveling future Saitama fight at some point, although those could be too predictable.

HStallion

I'm expecting an evil Saitama clone, android Saitama or time-traveling future Saitama fight at some point, although those could be too predictable.

**Spoilers for the One Webcomic ahead**
Well we may be getting just that as after a recent... continent spanning hand holding incident with Fubuki and Saitama, she has a flashback to her time imprisoned and experimented on something like 17 years prior. We then get a glimpse of her watching through her cell door and seeing the hero who inspired her to be a hero herself. Its Blast and he wears a costume like Saitama with hair and he even says he's a does the hero thing as a hobby and HE HAS A JOB! So I'm interested to see what ONE has in store

sFwhXj7.gif

A-V-B

This is how it would end.

Goku: Wow, you're really powerful! That was a great fight!

Saitama: Oh. It was?

Goku: A couple times there, I thought you had me for sure!

Saitama: What would be the point...?

Goku: I hear ya! Someone strong as you, it's like I didn't want to stop. I could've fought forever! So we should do this again, okay?

Saitama: Learn something new next time.

Goku: You got it! And you too! Don't slack off! Hahaha!

Saitama: Uh... right.

Saitama walks off.

Vegeta: ((I am really glad that guy is on our side.))

msv

I wish the online webcomic's art didn't bother me that much. I just can't read it after the manga version.
I don't have the opposite feeling, since Murata draws so well and cleanly, but it's similar in a way. I love the way ONE draws, his joke are so dry, and the expressions / looks of the characters really convey that well. All that is kind of lost in Murata's drawings, with women especially. Tatsumaki for example has lost any comedic value in Murata's redraw, as opposed to ONE's version where she's actually depicted properly as crazy, arrogant, tiny and more normal looking. Murata draws her like most women - with emphasis on sexy features, no blemishes, etc. It takes the life out of the manga a bit, in favor of fanservice and (visual) shonen tropes.

Russ T

Banned
he aint got nothin' on the marvel reality warpers. even if his strongest punch is a big bang, pfft

well... webcomic spoilers

if the fight with little girl is anything to go by he might just have a field around himself that prevents any sorta magic or psychic or even reality warping tomfoolery

DonMigs85

Hmm, I think he sounds a little too disinterested. The Japanese voice sounded more deadpan/matter of fact. Wonder how Genos will be.

TimmiT

Eeeeehhh.

I don't think the voice acting sounds bad, but the voice they got for Saitama really doesn't fit Saitama imo. It feels like he's disinterested all the time, while really he's only disinterested in fighting.

Then again, I should probably reserve judgement until the dub actually airs rather than just lines chosen for a trailer.

DonMigs85

Eeeeehhh.

I don't think the voice acting sounds bad, but the voice they got for Saitama really doesn't fit Saitama imo. It feels like he's disinterested all the time, while really he's only disinterested in fighting.

Then again, I should probably reserve judgement until the dub actually airs rather than just lines chosen for a trailer.
Can't wait to hear Puri-Puri Prisoner

HStallion

So did they get the same voice actor as Tom from the Toonami skits during commercial breaks? Sounds like the same exact guy.

LordOfChaos

Oh, I missed that there were two new OVAs since the last, yay.

"These are crabs. Crabs for my Sensei."
Lol, train conversation level: Genos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom