• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmpanda

I've seen no evidence that foreign language covers of songs hurt the sales of the original (can you even buy the Jam Project song in the States? Do the Japanese distributors actually think a large number of Americans are going to import shit?). Basically "Japan going to Japan". Fuck them!

To answer this question it's up on iTunes, usually JAM Project is pretty good about putting their stuff up.

Not

Banned
ZATMkjt.png

And now it's time for the craze to reach everyone.

They better nail Saitama

LordOfChaos

ZATMkjt.png

And now it's time for the craze to reach everyone.

They better nail Saitama

What's Viz Medias record like?

I've preferred Japanese versions probably 8 in 10 times, I dunno, they seem to take VA more seriously (or just have higher budgets for the native VA vs translation). But an english version of this would certainly help me coax friends into watching it, for many people reading subs is an instant no for animes which is a shame.

Rivitur

Banned
I personally dislike and stay away from anime for the most part.

I just binged the 12 episodes yesterday and loved it.
I hear a lot of this from people who watch it. What is it that keeps people like yourself from enjoying it so much compared to other animes?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I hear a lot of this from people who watch it. What is it that keeps people like yourself from enjoying it so much compared to other animes?

For me, it's the animation quality. Sure, a well animated fight is hype as shit, but the animation quality in my head while reading is equally impressive, and consistent. Also, nice to control factors like music I like, reading in tune with the hype parts. Not saying an anime can't hit all these right notes, but can they do it consistently is the question? First getting into anime(and manga as a side note) from stuff like Naruto and Bleach teaches some valuable lessons about how budgets shift, and how bad animation quality can ruin moments. One Punch man is one of the rare occasions where they do everything right(for the most part).

LordOfChaos

For me, it's the animation quality. Sure, a well animated fight is hype as shit, but the animation quality in my head while reading is equally impressive, and consistent. Also, nice to control factors like music I like, reading in tune with the hype parts. Not saying an anime can't hit all these right notes, but can they do it consistently is the question? First getting into anime(and manga as a side note) from stuff like Naruto and Bleach teaches some valuable lessons about how budgets shift, and how bad animation quality can ruin moments. One Punch man is one of the rare occasions where they do everything right(for the most part).

Yeah, the animation quality really put some larger animes to shame, and from a relatively small team with a small budget, just one that cared about what they did. And the soundtrack has been in my mix since I watched it!

IT'S SIMPELO, ONE PUNCH MAN IS BETTER THAN THEM.

(it's my personal theory that Saitama was granted power on the scale of our universe just because he wanted to try hard.)

Russ T

Banned
It's because people think the only type of anime that exists is the long-running shounen series like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.

And then also probably Sailor Moon, since that was on Toonami once.

Skrams

It's because people think the only type of anime that exists is the long-running shounen series like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.

I always figured that was part of the reason as well. I also figured people got blasted with enough poor recommendations that they decided to snub all or most anime from there on.

Still makes me happy though that One Punch Man usually crosses those barriers and makes a lot of people happy despite what feelings they may hold.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

This is probably a big part of it. I recommended the anime Your Lie in April to a couple of my friends who don't watch as much as me and a few were surprised at what they got. Most of them are only familiar with anime because of Shonens and stuff like pokemon.

Minamu

Okay, I haven't watched an anime in forever and there's so much talk about this stuff. I'm in Sweden so I don't have Hulu like the OP suggested. What do I do? :/

Site wouldn't load the movie clips, but I found another site :D Second episode soon, the first one was great, I laughed quite a bit. It's supposed to be a parody sort of, yeah?

Yeah it's a parody of battle shonen. Main character is bald instead of having wild and spiky hair like Goku, Naruto, Gon and Luffy. Fights are over in an instant instead of extremely long. Main character is kind of lame. The first guy he kills is King Piccolo.

Minamu

Yeah it's a parody of battle shonen. Main character is bald instead of having wild and spiky hair like Goku, Naruto, Gon and Luffy. Fights are over in an instant instead of extremely long. Main character is kind of lame. The first guy he kills is King Piccolo.
Yeah, I noticed :lol Really long monologues and inner thoughts too before battles (although they're already more annoying than parodically funny). I think I'm gonna stick around, I haven't watched an anime in a decade, give or take.

evalalave

Banned
so anybody know if theres gonna be a single blu ray edition with all episodes and ovas in the same disk (would insta buy it). i also havent watched manga since a kid but a colleague of mine was a big fan and drew me in for OPM.

HStallion

Yeah I don't think we'll be seeing Season 2 for a very long time with the pace Murata is releasing new content and that's not even considering he's been adding a ton of new stuff to the original story like this entire martial arts tournament. Not that I mind, its nice seeing Genos getting some time to shine and having his battles against the various monsters running in parallel and playing off the martial arts tournament fights is actually pretty cool.

Even if Murata was updating OPM at a regular rate S2 wouldn't come any time soon because he's meandering about in this tournament arc that wasnt in the webcomic and not on Garou

HStallion

Even if Murata was updating OPM at a regular rate S2 wouldn't come any time soon because he's meandering about in this tournament arc that wasnt in the webcomic and not on Garou

I can't wait for a second season just to hear the bitching about people still wanting an "answer" to Saitama's powers. It never gets old.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's gonna be the hardest voice to nail as it needs to be high pitched enough to be funny but not so much he can't ever sound badass.
Either that or he needs to have a painfully forgettable voice that can randomly transition into badass, or at least cheesy/fake-badass.

msv

Don't need Murata to continue it - ONE is the author, Murata illustrates. Kind of shabby how it's all Murata this Murata that, while this is really ONE's story.

Would be cool if they did another season but then in the style of the Mob Psycho animation. Looks like they really nailed ONE's style there.

XAL

Don't need Murata to continue it - ONE is the author, Murata illustrates. Kind of shabby how it's all Murata this Murata that, while this is really ONE's story.

Would be cool if they did another season but then in the style of the Mob Psycho animation. Looks like they really nailed ONE's style there.

Yeah i dont know why people are saying "RIP OPM" because Murata is working on something else. He's not the creator of OPM.

XAL

They aren't going to make another season of the anime based on One's art

well they might but it's extremely unlikely

Pretty sure they're familiar enough with his style to be able to replicate it at this point. Anything they need that he hasn't already illustrated he can just throw out some character reference sheets for them.

HStallion

Yeah i dont know why people are saying "RIP OPM" because Murata is working on something else. He's not the creator of OPM.

Because they are basing the show off Murata's drawings not too mention he and One are adding a ton of new material into Murata's version to flesh things out. I love the webcomic but I don't think I saw anyone talking about it here until after Murata's version took off and even then no one talked about it here till the anime came out.

HStallion said:
Because they are basing the show off Murata's drawings not too mention he and One are adding a ton of new material into Murata's version to flesh things out. I love the webcomic but I don't think I saw anyone talking about it here until after Murata's version took off and even then no one talked about it here till the anime came out.

Yup. That's pretty much me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom