• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP - I love it.
ED - Just average

Still the first episode but...goddamn, it is hard not to be enthusiastic on this going forward after that. Just top fucking notch animation quality and style. So far this is the best case solution in work for an OPM adaptation at work. I love the shitty d tier sentai villains.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I really enjoyed that first episode. Definitely keeping this on my watch list for Hulu.

TimmiT

I've been rewatching the opening so much that I just noticed this single frame that appears during the title:

1ck7lS7.png

Just thought that people should know.

Hope you all aware now that your are watching both this year's Space Dandy and Kill la Kill. in one

That excites me GREATLY. As someone who's heard of the series but never read the manga, this first episode was FANTASTIC. Equal levels of funny and badassery throughout. Madhouse killed the animation, the "fight" against the Subterraneans looked superb.

Can't wait to see more, although I'm not sure I can wait till next week to see what happens next.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
We're witnessing the birth of one of the greatest anime of our time, GAF.

This is going to be fu-ck-ing amazing.

That excites me GREATLY. As someone who's heard of the series but never read the manga, this first episode was FANTASTIC. Equal levels of funny and badassery throughout. Madhouse killed the animation, the "fight" against the Subterraneans looked superb.

Can't wait to see more, although I'm not sure I can wait till next week to see what happens next.

This was nothing. Nothing.

Fireblend

Banned
Great first episode. Can't wait for more, and super happy that this is being made available online for free. Thanks Madhouse.

That was fun! He is too OP and I'm not sure if we'll get any tension or danger at all with this show (please manga readers don't spoil it) or if its more of character relationships kind of story. The OP and ED were good but they need to grow on me a little bit more.

My first and so far only show of the season, I hope I find other shows as interesting as this one!

It's all I could have hoped for, it's so great. There's not much more I can say besides how excited I am for later stuff to get animated. Completely nailed it.

Real talk: If they did just one episode in the original ONE style but super smooth, I'd love it.

This would be amazing.

Awesome. The animation was better than expected and the humor landed perfectly. I've read every chapter of both manga versions and this seems like it will be fantastic.

TheOGB

Banned
I've seen a lot of cool stuff from the manga before but never read it. Then I saw people talking about the show premiering today and checked it out. That was an amazing first episode; it was fun, hilarious, cool, and slick as hell. It really has a fantastic look, and I hope the quality stays strong throughout its duration.

Hope you all aware now that your are watching both this year's Space Dandy and Kill la Kill. in one
I was definitely getting those kinds of vibes, so I'm looking forward to more. This could easily become another favorite of mine.

That final gag killed me. Brilliant debut, now I just want to go buy the manga.

Needed a replacement for Gatchaman, this came at just the right time.

Tizoc

That final gag killed me. Brilliant debut, now I just want to go buy the manga.

Needed a replacement for Gatchaman, this came at just the right time.

Vol. 1 and 2 are already published and can be gotten from Amazon.com :3
I'll grab Vol. 3-5 next year once all 3 are released.

Digital are available now 1-7. Vol.8 comes out Tuesday.

I understand some people prefer physical, just volunteering information.

All that matters is if the animation quality remains strong.

I am praying to all the anime gods for this to happen.
Please Madhouse-senpai, keep on nailing the animation.

Well I just want to remind everybody that first episodes do tend to look WAY the fuck better than the rest of the series. And Madhouse especially loves to have a very strong episode with crazy animation(see Parasyte) and then the animation doesn't reach those highs often if at all

Chances are that OPM has a bigger budget since it's a bigger property though. But the fights that matter will likely get this level of animation, and the ones that matter are amazing.

Madhouse is pretty good at keeping a consistent production schedule, I don't expect that level of animation quality the entire thing but it should be perfectly passable

Faiz

I can't bring myself to buy it merely because I dream of an edition with an flat opening binding.

Completely unrealistic but this book NEEDS it.

Moaradin

Madhouse is pretty good at keeping a consistent production schedule, I don't expect that level of animation quality the entire thing but it should be perfectly passable

With 12 episodes I think it's possible. Especially with the director and a lot of animators from Space Dandy.

Gvitor

Madhouse did a really good job animating this part.

Although probably there's going to be a dip in quality, I hope they are able to mantain a level worthy of this manga because is just so good.

Wtf is this

This is almost at HxH's level of laziness---wait. I sense a pattern.

I can certainly see some style choices there, but some of those panels really do look lazy.

I won't pretend like One can draw in the level of manga artists, but he gotta be making it shittier on purpose. The Anime is based on the version draw by Murata anyway, the designs and some shots are straight out of those pages.

Well I just want to remind everybody that first episodes do tend to look WAY the fuck better than the rest of the series. And Madhouse especially loves to have a very strong episode with crazy animation(see Parasyte) and then the animation doesn't reach those highs often if at all

Chances are that OPM has a bigger budget since it's a bigger property though. But the fights that matter will likely get this level of animation, and the ones that matter are amazing.

Yoshimichi Kameda, one of the main animators on One Punch Man who will be animation director on episode 3 (and possibly others), said on Twitter that every episode of the show will have lots of crazy action. So he at least seems confident that the production quality will stay fairly consistent. And he should know.

I can certainly see some style choices there, but some of those panels really do look lazy.

ONE is not a professional. It started out as one guy just messing around and drawing web manga for fun. The thing is people found it really endearing and I personally find it a pretty fun read even with ONE's drawings. He pretty much got popular enough that Murata wanted to take a shot at the series and the manga you see in Shonen Jump is the one he redrew. He also made Mob Psycho 100 and Makai No Ossan. I really recommend Mob Psycho 100, it basically is about one of the world's strongest psychics but it's a middle schooler who is a pacifist and really holds himself back. It might sound not interesting (sort of like a guy who can beat everything in one punch) but the characters are really endearing the it's also pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom