• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshimichi Kameda, one of the main animators on One Punch Man who will be animation director on episode 3 (and possibly others), said on Twitter that every episode of the show will have lots of crazy action. So he at least seems confident that the production quality will stay fairly consistent. And he should know.

well it's nice to know, but still I'll have to see it to believe it.

it's literally just a webcomic the artist shat out in his spare time when he wasn't doing his main comic, mob 100 or whatever

I don't know if that's even true. Mob Psycho 100 didn't start until like 2012 when One Punch started in 2009.

Whichever, we should keep in mind that ONE was a hobbyist of manga at the time who put up this webcomic for hell of it. Not expecting to get a paid a single yen. Somehow, someway it gained huge traction, got remade by a really skilled manga artist and here we are.

Fun characters and a fun premise can do that.

Dereck

9BdFD5w.gif
Damn

Sora_N

This seems like it'll be really good. I haven't watched anime, or shonen anime in a long long time.

The last thing I watched before this was Attack on Titan, I liked it but stopped.

Is there anything else I should check out for shonen I may have missed out in the past 6-7 years?

I'm really out of the loop since I don't watch anime regularly anymore.

This seems like it'll be really good. I haven't watched anime, or shonen anime in a long long time.

The last thing I watched before this was Attack on Titan, I liked it but stopped.

Is there anything else I should check out for shonen I may have missed out in the past 6-7 years?

I'm really out of the loop since I don't watch anime regularly anymore.

Depends. There have been a lot of good sports shonen shows recently like Yowamushi Pedal and Haikyuu. If you can handle 148 episodes HxH 2011 was excellent. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is at around 70 episodes and was great. Shokugeki no Soma was 24.

Sora_N

Depends. There have been a lot of good sports shonen shows recently like Yowamushi Pedal and Haikyuu. If you can handle 148 episodes HxH 2011 was excellent. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is at around 70 episodes and was great. Shokugeki no Soma was 24.

I haven't thought of sports, definitely willing to try it out. :)

Hunter x Hunter (really long though)
Gintama (same)
Haikyuu
Yozakura Quartet
JoJo
Shokugeki no Souma

I like HxH and watched the original anime, but don't think I can watch super long shows.

Shokugeki no Soma is the food anime right? I totally forgot about that and I'll try that.

I loved Gintama back in the day.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll take a peek now!

InsaneMonkey

Neo Member
That was a fantastic first episode. The episode managed to adapt four chapters so the pacing seems like it should be good going forward. From the PVs they showed - there are still scenes that are nicely animated not in the first episode so I hope that indicates the animation quality will continue as is.

Loved the first episode,
even though the anime's first episode is going with a slightly more serious Saitama. That Subterranean fight scene was amazing though. I hope they can keep up the good work.

Alright, I wasn't expecting anything but that was fun as hell. How long is the season supposed to be? This and Brooklyn Nine Nine will make for some good Sunday TV.

Dahbomb

Hunter x Hunter (really long though)
Gintama (same)
Haikyuu
Yozakura Quartet
JoJo
Shokugeki no Souma
Ay yo no Kuroko no Basketball and Ace of Diamonds recommendation?

Anyway first episode was godlike. That final fight scene melted my face. If we can expect that shit for the real fights then sign me the fuck up.

Thanks, I was expecting a bit more, but considering the quality of the animation I guess it's understandable that it isn't more than this.

It's an adaptation, thats about as much material as there is anyway and it updates at an abnormal pace. Also, a handful of chapters are just made to be turned into .gifs, so you can have 20 pages dedicated to this -

415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif

It's an adaptation, thats about as much material as there is anyway and it updates at an abnormal pace. Also, a handful of chapters are just made to be turned into .gifs, so you can have 20 pages dedicated to this -

415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif

Yeah I knew about it being a adaptation of a manga, I just thought there would be more material to cover for the season. I was expecting about 20 episodes.

I'll have to read it, gifs looks great, and I'm in need of a new manga since Berserk uploads new chapters about once a year. :(

Thanks, I was expecting a bit more, but considering the quality of the animation I guess it's understandable that it isn't more than this.

You have to consider that OPM has 103 chapters at the moment and Murata's version is at 52 chapters and entering a filler arc so there isn't that much content to work with.

So glad this and Gundam are on Hulu. No way to watch it otherwise.

Don't you have access to daisuki.net? is legal, free, and streaming at 1080p.

Geist-

Wow, I haven't been so impressed by an Anime in a very long time. After being a long-time reader of the Manga, I'm seriously impressed.

Cess007

I'm still in awe with the quality of the animation. I think this will be the first anime i actually follow in years just to see some battles from the manga, animated :)

Can I just say that Subterranean Fist Bump was the most badass thing I've seen all week?

Mad House, you know me too well. This is everything I've ever wanted.

Moonlight

Banned
Is this another Unlimited Budget Works or are they gonna Kill la Kill me?
Madhouse has significantly more money and significantly better production scheduling than Trigger, so not likely. I doubt the first episode will be the episode to episode status quo, but it's basically guaranteed to be consistently above average.

Anyways, yeah, first episode of One Punch Man. Pretty great.

munchie64

That was pretty good. Like the humour and the main character a lot. Looking forward to seeing what's gonna change the life he's in now.

Kiryu

Just curious. Why isn't it not on Crunchyroll or Funimation? (I use those service the most and literally never heard of daisuki.)

duckroll

Just curious. Why isn't it not on Crunchyroll or Funimation? (I use those service the most and literally never heard of daisuki.)

Daisuki is a platform built by the major Japanese companies involved in the anime industry. They've been trying very hard to push it as the defacto "main" platform for legal anime streaming worldwide for a while now, with little success because Crunchyroll has such a strong foothold. So they're trying harder now with more timed exclusives. Maybe they should instead consider that what people prefer is easy of use, and build a better site and have console/mobile apps for it too. :p

Jintor

Daisuki is a platform built by the major Japanese companies involved in the anime industry. They've been trying very hard to push it as the defacto "main" platform for legal anime streaming worldwide for a while now, with little success because Crunchyroll has such a strong foothold. So they're trying harder now with more timed exclusives. Maybe they should instead consider that what people prefer is easy of use, and build a better site and have console/mobile apps for it too. :p

Content locks will draw attention, but only superior (well, at least equal) user experiences will keep 'em there. IP holders gotta learn this!

AdanVC

Just finished watching the first episode.

HOLY COW! That was awesome! That's how first episodes should be. Fast-paced, tons of action and with humor. The animation was superb. Dat Madhouse quality. Instant hooked to this anime now. Can't wait for the next episode!

I've heard great things about One Punch Man in the past, but I was waiting for the anime to jump into it. And I am seemingly completely justified.

That was fantastic.

UltraJay

They've been trying very hard to push it as the defacto "main" platform for legal anime streaming worldwide

Daisuki is definitely NOT worldwide as Australians here will contest. It looks like now the only way to watch it is with a VPN on either Hulu or Daisuki or with a DNS service for Hulu (doesn't work for me on Daisuki). Basically, if a Hulu subscription is acceptable for some people (you have access to most of Cartoon Network's content which is a plus for me) then that is the best way for Australians. After paying for the two services you just set your DNS to the service's DNS servers. Hulu, Netflix, etc. all then think you are in the US.

This seems like the only legal way to view it for Australians. I don't think of bypassing region locks as anything really bad.

EDIT: How big is Daisuki's catalog? I selected Anime and have a choice of 25 different shows here in Australia. 25. In total.

FiraB

Banned
Didnt think it would be that good but they fucking nailed that first episode, hope the quality stays that high or better.

ZoddGutts

Madhouse has significantly more money and significantly better production scheduling than Trigger, so not likely. I doubt the first episode will be the episode to episode status quo, but it's basically guaranteed to be consistently above average.

Anyways, yeah, first episode of One Punch Man. Pretty great.

Also helps it's going to be 12 eps. KLK both it's budget and story was stretch out to 24 eps.

Chariot

Also helps it's going to be 12 eps. KLK both it's budget and story was stretch out to 24 eps.
Studios with decent planning can manage, Madhouse made quite some 2-cour anime series without real quality drops :p Trigger is just chronically underfunded and not that good in planning their ressources.

12 or 24 make no difference for the quality of the first episode, it's not like both would get the same budget.

Hypron

I absolutely love the manga and this first episode was pretty damn awesome. If they can keep up the quality it'll be legendary.

On another note, this is the first time that I watch an Anime after reader the manga it's based on. It feels pretty weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom