• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Sea King's theme introduced in this ep is the best stuff I've heard from the soundtrack so hard. So badass. I hope it's a preview of what's to come in ep 9!

weshes195

To be honest, I actually like Puri Puri. Sure, I completely understand people not liking him since unfortunately some people think gay guy = wants to rape men and I don't know if the author meant to make fun of the stereotype as this is a satire or if he believes that (NOT SAYING HE DOES, I know nothing about One's decision about Pri Pri).

But, ignoring the whole issue of him being gay, a RAPIST is a hero. Sure, you may think that is a con, but honestly it shows how screwed up the whole world is and proves that to call one a hero isn't black and white as the show continues to prove to us. And as another poster pointed out, the author said that he believed Pri pri wrong to have a harem in prison as that was indeed sick. Honestly, for being such a cliche and HUGELY offensive, he is one of the least black and white morality person in the cast. He can barely control his dark urges (by doing it or almost doing it to criminals which is at BEST fucked up) yet is willing to die to save innocent people. And yes, I have read the webcomic and without spoilers (heck the manga isn't even that far) I thought Pri Pris was bad-ass.

Just my opinion on Pri Pri Prisoner. If you despise his character, you have plenty of good reasons for it. I just find it interesting how someone can do such horrible things and yet be considered a "hero".

Evilisk

I think the Sea King's theme introduced in this ep is the best stuff I've heard from the soundtrack so hard. So badass. I hope it's a preview of what's to come in ep 9!

That theme was actually in episode 1, when Saitama was fighting the crab guy

But yes, it's an awesome theme

he already has no license, he should give no fucks about the rules

?

I thought he's called "license-less" rider because he doesn't have a motorbike license and has to use a regular bicycle, not because he doesn't care about the rules

That theme was actually in episode 1, when Saitama was fighting the crab guy

But yes, it's an awesome theme

?

I thought he's called "license-less" rider because he doesn't have a motorbike license and has to use a regular bicycle, not because he doesn't care about the rules

Mumen can either be interpreted as "license-less" or "unlicensed". For Mumen Rider, it refers to the fact that he doesn't have a motorcycle license and the fact that he's a Kamen Rider parody

Don't in the future.

YxrQJYc.gif

duckroll

Wow the production values for this week's episode was in the toilet! The art was still okay during the action scenes, but all the crowd scenes looked dogshit, and there was a really economical use of stills all over the place. Lol.

sasuke_91

Wow the production values for this week's episode was in the toilet! The art was still okay during the action scenes, but all the crowd scenes looked dogshit, and there was a really economical use of stills all over the place. Lol.

They're just saving money for next week's epicness. And the epicness that will follow after that :D

kurahador

The budget really took a hit since the second half of last week episode to this. Guess they're really saving it for next week.

Totally blanked out how Genos vs The Sea Folk dude goes too, so yeah...can't wait!!

co1onel

Wow. That cliff-hanger was too much.

I originally didn't like mumen rider when he stole Saitama's spotlight, but I can appreciate him now.

DonMigs85

The budget really took a hit since the second half of last week episode to this. Guess they're really saving it for next week.

Totally blanked out how Genos vs The Sea Folk dude goes too, so yeah...can't wait!!
Genos gets rekt naturally. He's the ultimate glass cannon

OK, so I've watched all 8 episodes of this (I believe that's all there has been so far (do we know how many there are in this season?)) and I'm absolutely loving it.

This is only the second Anime I have ever watched, after Attack On Titan.

Any recommendations on other Anime as funny, or maybe even more so, as One Punch Man?

Chariot

Let's keep it clean, mate.
It's nothing too dirty (as long as you ignore the horrible OVA episode), I just put the quotation marks there because the name is so long. It's a very non-serious anime with characters that are way too strong for the world they're set in. Includes people casually beating down so called gods and kicking laser beams apart.

V-Faction

"It's time to transform!"

"He's naked."

Sea King arc is so great. The steady climb of super villains is one of the aspects of the series I enjoy most. Reminds me of DBZ arcs in a way, intentional or not. This is like King Piccolo territory, where the odds are insurmountable, the stakes have been raised, but we still haven't quite hit the limit just yet.

Also, I really really wish they would animate some of the extra chapters just for fun.

"It's time to transform!"

"He's naked."

Sea King arc is so great. The steady climb of super villains is one of the aspects of the series I enjoy most. Reminds me of DBZ arcs in a way, intentional or not. This is like King Piccolo territory, where the odds are insurmountable, the stakes have been raised, but we still haven't quite hit the limit just yet.

Also, I really really wish they would animate some of the extra chapters just for fun.

Maybe that could be a second season? All side stories?

Dio

Banned
Maybe that could be a second season? All side stories?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...ch-man-anime-dvd-bds-to-include-6-ovas/.95403

The official Twitter account for the One-Punch Man television anime series revealed the titles on Friday for the six OVAs that will be bundled with the anime's home video releases in Japan.

The titles are:

"Shinobiyori-sugiru Kage" (A Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close) - 12 minutes long
"Hanashibeta-sugiru Deishi" (The Pupil Who Is an Extremely Poor Talker) - approximately 10 minutes long
"Kojire-sugiru Ninja" (The Ninja Who is Too Complicated)
"Gōin-sugiru Bang" (Bang, Who is Too Overbearing)
"Iroiro Ari-sugiru Kyōdai" (The Sisters Who Have Too Many Things Happening)
"Fukanō-sugiru Satsujin Jiken" (The Murder Case that is Too Impossible)

Phatmac

Madhouse never does sequels so probably not. Plus it isn't on track to sell great in Japan so it's unlikely to expect another season.

Anime sales are less relevant to a possible sequel then manga sales

I was gonna say. The manga is popular as fuck, as far as I know. And it should be fairly popular in the west. They might see demographics and realize that not only with manga sales but with appeal to the west it might eventually be worthwhile to make a second season.

As to MadHouse never doing sequels I can't think of an example where they didn't, but they sure as hell adapt all of the manga, look at HxH.

MUnited83

For you.

I think they used up all the crowd budget on the Bikini Lady at the beggining :lol:

Moaradin

They adapted pretty much all there was of the Black Lagoon manga. Didn't they say they want to go back to it? Ask the author why it's been on hiatus for so long lol

Chariot

They adapted pretty much all there was of the Black Lagoon manga. Didn't they say they want to go back to it? Ask the author why it's been on hiatus for so long lol
I am not demanding more Black Lagoon (while I should), I was wondering too about the "no sequels"-thing. They certainly do sequels, as showcased with Black Lagoon and Chihyafuru.

Didn't Madhouse to Hajime no Ippo season 2 & 3. Where did this myth start that they don't do sequels?

They did, yeah. And honestly, seeing the popularity of the series so far, I think it's quite likely that we'll see a second season. Especially Western attention seems very high, but it remains to be seen if this means much for actual sales of anything.

Kieli

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan and Kill La Kill for the over the top action and some funny moments here and there.

Great Teacher Onizuka for the comedy part.

Watch Tengen Toppa.

Don't watch Kill la Kill, at least, not until your more comfortable with anime in general.

Kill la Kill is extremely polarizing. People either really like it, or really hate it. If you recommend it to a newbie, they could easily be driven off of watching anime in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom