• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Yeah they might. I also hope they'll just adapt ONE's story, but we might miss out on Murata greatness if that's the case :p

And thanks, I didn't know a new chapter released^^
My argument still stands though, the manga is progressing too slowly.
I'm lead to believe that it's a side project for him, so that's why I assume chapters have always been slow to release. I'd like it to move faster as well, but dunno. I like the idea of the possible anime and manga volumes success leading to him working on it more if that's a possibility.
We wouldn't even have a OPM anime if it weren't for Murata, nor would the series have blown up the way it has without him taking an interest in it first. I can't think of any negative changes in the manga version, anyway!

They might just mean how Murata does some backpedaling on chapters and changes a few things with chapter updates. I think he's done that 3 times or so now? There's also the thing with him creating separate events or arcs that didn't happen in ONE's version like the current things going on with where Saitama is. I've yet to read ONE's version, so I don't really have a problem with it. It must be pretty tiring though for some people who are waiting for the current stuff to be animated when it takes 1-2 weeks for a short chapter to come out then another week for a redo of the same chapter to hit.

Qvoth

3kzCLU.gif

fuck this dance is soooo familiar, i know i've seen this years ago
what was it from?

Regiruler

Was going to show OPM to my brother, apparently he's already watched all eight episodes.

At this rate he probably has a GAF account and I don't know it.

Nightbird

Was going to show OPM to my brother, apparently he's already watched all eight episodes.

Same with my best friend.

He usually doesn't watch Animes, and I tried to show him OPM around episode 3, but he fell asleep (to be fair, it was late)

Now, on Sunday he asked me where I am watching OPM, and yesterday he revealed to me that he blasted trough all 8 Episodes, and can't wait for more.

Apparently he got hyped for it trough AL the posts on 9gag lo

Articalys

fuck this dance is soooo familiar, i know i've seen this years ago
what was it from?
Took a bit of searching, but finally managed to remember/track it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qgZ-vgc9tc

Part of a series of commercials that some boy band did for a clothing line back in 2007, which was then rotoscoped to hell and back by fans with various anime/game characters. And clearly still somehow lives on into the present day.

Digging up internet history is fun.

ElFly

I'm lead to believe that it's a side project for him, so that's why I assume chapters have always been slow to release. I'd like it to move faster as well, but dunno. I like the idea of the possible anime and manga volumes success leading to him working on it more if that's a possibility.

They might just mean how Murata does some backpedaling on chapters and changes a few things with chapter updates. I think he's done that 3 times or so now? There's also the thing with him creating separate events or arcs that didn't happen in ONE's version like the current things going on with where Saitama is. I've yet to read ONE's version, so I don't really have a problem with it. It must be pretty tiring though for some people who are waiting for the current stuff to be animated when it takes 1-2 weeks for a short chapter to come out then another week for a redo of the same chapter to hit.

The worst part is that the ONE version became super slow to update just before the climax of a major arc. The arc ended, but the slowness remained. I assume a lot of it is due to the Murata collaboration.

Who here likes Watchdog Man?

God even in the manga we know NOTHING about him just that he's fucking goofy looking and a lot stronger than people think.

He's like the dude who by himself takes care of all the other bullshit when the rest of the S rank heroes fight an enormous threat. He basically took out every monster in the city he was watching in that episode they showed him.

So mysterious, woof.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
He's working on Mob Psycho 100 as well.

Yeah. It's really unfortunate. I hope Move Psycho doesn't fail even though I hate its guts only because I don't want One to slip into depression and stop Onepunch Man. It sucks when an authors favorite work is different than the work of his that the majority of his fan-base likes.

*random hate outburst*
And using the term "work" loosely here, I hope Love Plus dies in a fire :(

There has been some seriously amazing fan art coming out since the anime began airing. It's really exciting seeing OPM blow up. It's totally deserved for the anime team @MH, Murata and ONE.

CMy49x7.jpg

kTQ9t6x.jpg

RqgV3pu.jpg

9LSbZZ6.jpg

VPQZ7yc.jpg

IbH8Ddb.jpg

1v6xES5.png

Yonafunu

Yeah. It's really unfortunate. I hope Move Psycho doesn't fail even though I hate its guts only because I don't want One to slip into depression and stop Onepunch Man. It sucks when an authors favorite work is different than the work of his that the majority of his fan-base likes.

*random hate outburst*
And using the term "work" loosely here, I hope Love Plus dies in a fire :(

Mob Psycho is great though

6CdM3KN.png

Saw this on Reddit. Thought it was neat

Holy crap, first time I've seen this, made me laugh real good. Amazing.

And I couldn't wait any longer for the new episode. Went ahead and read the manga version then ONE's version. Holy crap does it get real good, can't wait to see the animated version of whatever they can give us.

Beautiful. All it needs now is to have some kind of supercritical instagib effect. Does FO4 have something like that?.

not sure if it's what you mean, but there's a perk called bloody mess that when you use kill an enemy with the special RPG system there's a chance they'll explode in a bloody paste and nearby enemies will also explode.

tirminyl

I've never heard of One Punch Man until this thread. Just watched ep1 on Hulu. I like!

Edit - And I've binged through them all on Hulu. Need more.

Tizoc

All things considered the earliest an english dub AND Bluray release would happen is in 2016, but I'd like for that to happen quickly ToT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom