• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So has anyone had a lot of success with Coffee Meets Bagel? Any tips? I'm about to go back to the Philly area for my second year of medical school and was wondering.

The women on there are easily the least eccentric most normal ones I have come across on all dating platforms. Which makes sense considering the app is tailored more for "I'm busy and don't have hours to spend looking through profiles."

Lulubop

Don't do it bro. Don't let it get you down. Take a break and do some things for yourself. Learn a language or do Stronglifts or something.

I been flaking a lot on people. It's all appearance, appearance with me. I have like sever issues. People say I'm attractive a lot, like very much so but I just don't see it. Especially in a city like New York. One bad date is like a domino effect on my self confidence.

Coming out of retirement for tonight tho haha. Just not bringing my A game.

Jhoan

I been flaking a lot on people. It's all appearance, appearance with me. I have like sever issues. People say I'm attractive a lot, like very much so but I just don't see it. Especially in a city like New York. One bad date is like a domino effect on my self confidence.

Coming out of retirement for tonight tho haha. Just not bringing my A game.
If it makes you feel any better, the med school girl told me that I'm a handsome guy and must be dating plenty of other girls. I asked if she wanted to make out but she said no and apologized. I'm awkward as sin when it comes to that stuff. We got to talking about our personal dating histories after that and she said she's only dated 4 guys one of which led to a short term thing. We both admitted that we don't know what we want.

In the end she said she was awkward and said she wants to be with friends, other times alone. I wonder what would have been had I gone with the other girl I was going to meet with today; I deleted her number/texts promptly after I left her. I ask myself if there's something wrong with me but then I realize that there isn't. All I can do is be myself and keep moving forward. Med school girls and I hit it off so well but it sucks that because they're so busy, it's never meant to be. I'm not ugly.

Tomorrow I'll go on another date and this will be yesterday. I didn't feel stunned or anything from this rejection funny enough. I'm numb to getting told the you're a handsome guy but speech these days. Any way keep fighting the good fight man, you're not alone. I think I'm I'm going to go have a drink at the nabe bar.

I'm retiring, forever.

Just leave the app on the background and don't go there for quite a while. I have to do that from time to time. I get really frustrated with the behavior of some people. I'll never badmouth Tinder on a broader sense cause it allowed me to get laid and meet people like I never did but at the same time there's a level of detachment and frivolity that messes me up (and my confidence, which ends up being like a rollercoaster).

I haven't really seen discussed here but happn has really boomed in some places. No one uses in US? It's pretty interesting.

Rainy

Banned
The women on there are easily the least eccentric most normal ones I have come across on all dating platforms. Which makes sense considering the app is tailored more for "I'm busy and don't have hours to spend looking through profiles."
Yeah I've definitely noticed that. Have to be patient with the people on there. Maybe I'll use Tinder a bit too.

Jhoan

Speaking of tinder, can anyone tell me how the scouting works? Like, when you log on it searches people close to you. Does it only account for people who are online right at the moment, or everyone who once logged it and set his/her location so it's stored?
It seems to be relative to your location so it searches for uses who are in your vicinity and have an active account as far as I know. Some peeps can be offline but swipe at a later date. Don't quote me on that!
So has anyone had a lot of success with Coffee Meets Bagel? Any tips? I'm about to go back to the Philly area for my second year of medical school and was wondering.
Not me personally. I only managed to get one date out of it this year and even then, I didn't hit it off with the girl so I never contacted her again. I get a small handful of matches that's dramatically lower than the amount of matches I get on OKC and Tinder combined. The girls seem to be more busier because I barely get replies when I message them if any at all but they're all pretty cool from what I've seen. Even when I do, it's about once every 4-7 days. It sucks for someone like me who has a lot more time than the average person.

In a new update which rolled out last Tuesday, they give users more bagels for you to match up with now. In the past it used to be 1-5 bagels per day; now it's about 20-25 bagels based on my rough guesstimate. My speculation is that CMB probably found that people aren't going on enough dates which is bad statistics for the company as it continues to grow so they decided to increase the amount of bagels.

True Savior said:
Just leave the app on the background and don't go there for quite a while. I have to do that from time to time. I get really frustrated with the behavior of some people. I'll never badmouth Tinder on a broader sense cause it allowed me to get laid and meet people like I never did but at the same time there's a level of detachment and frivolity that messes me up (and my confidence, which ends up being like a rollercoaster).

I haven't really seen discussed here but happn has really boomed in some places. No one uses in US? It's pretty interesting.
Agreed. Yesterday's date left me confused and angry but after letting it sit for a day, I've accepted it. It's frustrating to understand what women want sometimes when they send all kinds of mixed signals. It drives me insane at times but I stick with it teeth baring and all because I've met some really interesting people on OKC.

As to your question, I have happn listed in the OP funny enough but yeah, it's not active here. Gotta wonder what the subreddit community is like and the dating stories that come out of it. I downloaded happn on my previous phone and didn't really get much matches if any at all. It's still a bit odd how it works to me. I might give it another go.
Lulubop said:
Another dud, starting to think I'm way uglier in person than my pictures. Gotta be
The self-loathing is strong in this one. You wanna trade places with me for a day man? Seriously, I think you need a small break from dating. I have alerts disabled on all of my dating apps so that the novelty of getting a new message doesn't become a Pavlovian effect for me.

I mean yeah, getting flings is nice but maybe taking time off to see some art, draw art for yourself, go to the beach and enjoy the weather does the mind wonders. Hell, if you think you're really ugly, allow me to do a drawing of any picture that you choose of yourself to see how you really look as interpreted by someone else.

JDHarbs

I took the advice and slowed way down on the texting with internship girl. We chatted one night this week after nearly 2 months now of nightly chats. Feels weird. However, she must've been given the same advice because she didn't bother initiating any conversations all week which is unusual. She was usually the one initiating our conversations all summer.

I tried texting her last Sunday night, but didn't get a response until Tuesday. She said she was sorry, was tired when I texted Sunday, and planned to respond on Monday, but forgot. We texted through the evening like we used to.

Later in the week I found out bad weather was being predicted for the night we were planning to meet up when she got back in town. So I texted her about it (she would've been at work at the time) and got a simple "oh ok" reply followed by no response to my follow up text. Likely just busy and forgot to text back like earlier, but it's kind of a big thing to just brush aside like that so I'll admit I'm getting a little worried.

Granted, she's in the last week of her internship and probably very busy so I'm staying optimistic, but this is still a change in usual behavior and I know people can get cold feet as meetups near, or it's worse and she is losing interest.

For everybody in the thread that's feeling down, keep fighting. I was on the Tinder dating circuit for a year and a half. I had good times and creepy times.
It all led to me going on a date with my future wife. I just kept at it and it led me to the beautiful woman I go to bed with every night.
Don't give up, because the one date you choose to not go on, could be your future husband/wife.

gwailo

Banned
I took the advice and slowed way down on the texting with internship girl. We chatted one night this week after nearly 2 months now of nightly chats. Feels weird. However, she must've been given the same advice because she didn't bother initiating any conversations all week which is unusual. She was usually the one initiating our conversations all summer.

I tried texting her last Sunday night, but didn't get a response until Tuesday. She said she was sorry, was tired when I texted Sunday, and planned to respond on Monday, but forgot. We texted through the evening like we used to.

Later in the week I found out bad weather was being predicted for the night we were planning to meet up when she got back in town. So I texted her about it (she would've been at work at the time) and got a simple "oh ok" reply followed by no response to my follow up text. Likely just busy and forgot to text back like earlier, but it's kind of a big thing to just brush aside like that so I'll admit I'm getting a little worried.

Granted, she's in the last week of her internship and probably very busy so I'm staying optimistic, but this is still a change in usual behavior and I know people can get cold feet as meetups near, or it's worse and she is losing interest.

Too busy, tired, and.... forgot? Really, dude? Why are you wasting your time with this girl? Move on.

Atrophis

One week back in the game and I've pretty much had enough already. It's mostly been a large waste of time. One match on Tinder but that's not a surprise when I swipe right on maybe 1/100 profiles. Seems like a cool lady but she takes forever to reply so I guess it's a no go.

Not much better on OKC. One mutual match who isn't interested in replying to me so another dud. No responses to any other messages I've sent out.

It's not like a I don't believe in online dating. I met my wife on OKC so I know it works but that was eight years ago and it feels like the whole scene has changed for the worse. Maybe I'm just not really ready for this yet but I am so fucking bored it's untrue. I know I am being impatient but if you match with someone fuck lets go meet up. Feels like a lot of bullshit game playing to me which I have no time for.

Scotch

One week back in the game and I've pretty much had enough already. It's mostly been a large waste of time. One match on Tinder but that's not a surprise when I swipe right on maybe 1/100 profiles. Seems like a cool lady but she takes forever to reply so I guess it's a no go.
My current girlfriend took forever to reply. Hang in there, and just try to have fun with it.

And 1/100 is awfully picky. Some of those 99 other girls may surprise you.

It's not like a I don't believe in online dating. I met my wife on OKC so I know it works but that was eight years ago and it feels like the whole scene has changed for the worse. Maybe I'm just not really ready for this yet but I am so fucking bored it's untrue. I know I am being impatient but if you match with someone fuck lets go meet up. Feels like a lot of bullshit game playing to me which I have no time for.
Actually most of it is not game playing but simply people being busy. You should be too. Just schedule some Tinder time each day for yourself, and ignore the app the rest of the day. It makes for a much less frustrating experience.

Jhoan

Aziz Ansari hits it on the nail with the problem with texting girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLrYE9HScY

It sounds like you're getting cold feet in all honesty to echo what gwailo said so if you aren't dating other girls already, you should definitely delete her number/texts and move on. For what it's worth (and I'm guilty of doing this myself at times), your life shouldn't revolve around waiting for girls to text you back so go off and do other things.
Yea, early retirement. Hanging it up. It was a good year, career year even.

I'd be down for that drawing tho.
You don't have to hang it up for the rest of the year if you don't want to but I think I a month or three does the mind wonders. Although it seems like your self-image issues have nothing to do with dating. If anything, I think Shyness by Philip Zimbardo is worth a read for self-image exercises.

Shoot me a PM with an image of your choice. I can't promise Picasso work but I can promise that I won't idealize it.
For everybody in the thread that's feeling down, keep fighting. I was on the Tinder dating circuit for a year and a half. I had good times and creepy times.
It all led to me going on a date with my future wife. I just kept at it and it led me to the beautiful woman I go to bed with every night.
Don't give up, because the one date you choose to not go on, could be your future husband/wife.
Pray do tell about your creepy times since stories are welcome!

Jhoan said:
Tomorrow I'll go on another date and this will be yesterday. I didn't feel stunned or anything from this rejection funny enough. I'm numb to getting told the you're a handsome guy but speech these days. Any way keep fighting the good fight man, you're not alone. I think I'm I'm going to go have a drink at the nabe bar.

Yeah...so this this never happened but I did go to the bar alone to draw after that date and had a beer, The girl in question got upset that I had stopped texting her the prior day (Friday) since I told her I had a bunch of errands to do and didn't reply to her for the rest of the day. I should preface this by saying that she got angry when I stopped texting her for two hours on Thursday since I had to take a shower and head out so that was a bit of a red flag. Sometimes I don't like to text all that much with girls and will take my time replying.

Fast forward to yesterday and I wake up to another text from her stating that she didn't hear back from me for the rest of the Friday and then mentioned the heatwave we've been experiencing in the east coast. I replied to her apologizing for the previous day since I got busy and then told her I would be down to hang out. I never heard back from her possibly as "revenge" for going silent on her.

I might follow up with her again and pretend like nothing happened to set something up for next weekend but getting angry prior to meeting up makes me wary. So the cautionary tale from this is that some women take texting very seriously whereas others are laid back and don't like to talk as much. With those girls, lay down the plans and forget about it for a few days. It all needs to be played by ear.

In other news, I've been texting back and forth with a Puerto Rican-Italian girl who I'm slated to meet up with on Thursday evening at a par. It's been going well.

Another girl gave right off the bat after my initial message when I asked about a particular picture of her on a slide. At first I was wary because I thought it was a bot since it's rare for girls to give their number out in the first message. However, her profile was verbose, her pics and questions answered looked legit, and my fears were laid to rest once I received a text on the other end that was indeed human as conversation settled in. It led to a playing a guessing game on which playground she took the picture. This segued into setting up a date at said playground as suggested by her for this week after I figured it out as the reward for my efforts. I found that to be an incredibly smooth move as it's not something I will forget for a while.

Other than that, it's your typical back and forth with a few girls on OKC and following up with some other ones that I fell off with. Meeting up with an Asian girl from Tinder tomorrow to play Pokemon Go so that should be fun.

Atrophis

My current girlfriend took forever to reply. Hang in there, and just try to have fun with it.

And 1/100 is awfully picky. Some of those 99 other girls may surprise you.

Actually most of it is not game playing but simply people being busy. You should be too. Just schedule some Tinder time each day for yourself, and ignore the app the rest of the day. It makes for a much less frustrating experience.

Edit: Forget the emo shit I wrote in my earlier message

As to your question, I have happn listed in the OP funny enough but yeah, it's not active here. Gotta wonder what the subreddit community is like and the dating stories that come out of it. I downloaded happn on my previous phone and didn't really get much matches if any at all. It's still a bit odd how it works to me. I might give it another go.

The app gets your location from time to time and when there's people in the vicinity they will pop up in the feed (sorta like a selective Tinder). The concept is supposed to be to see the people you have crossed paths but the search is bit wider...although it had happened already me seeing a girl, grabbing my phone 5-6 minutes later and there she was.
We didnt match though.
. It's popular here.

Jhoan

The app gets your location from time to time and when there's people in the vicinity they will pop up in the feed (sorta like a selective Tinder). The concept is supposed to be to see the people you have crossed paths but the search is bit wider...although it had happened already me seeing a girl, grabbing my phone 5-6 minutes later and there she was.
We didnt match though.
. It's popular here.
Hahaha, I like how that story took a twist! In a smaller country it's probably easier to encounter someone you might match with much easier. It definitely sounds like StreetPass meets Tinder. Here in NYC, it's so damn dense that you're passing by tons people in cars and whatnot left and right.

So yesterday's Tinder date with video production (Asian) girl went incredibly well I must say! It was the best first date I've gone on hands down since I didn't overthink a single thing. I was nervous which was a good sign as I had not been nervous on a date in a while. She looked exactly as her pictures; we hit it off right away as she asked how to pronounce my name right off the bat. I showed her some of my digital paintings before I shut down my laptop and we went to a favorite bar two avenues over that I've been to several times in the past. She remarked that I was pretty tall since I took off my height off Tinder.

At the bar I touched her arm when I asked her about the tattoo she had on it. Our legs were touching which was a good sign. When she touched my hand and held it, she noticed it was shaking and asked if I was nervous. I told her the truth and said it was a good thing because it meant it was a good sign. We had a beer and talked more about our common interests in art, meeting celebs through work/by happenstance, family, and pop culture stuff. The cute Filipina girl who worked there was a bonus as she fell in love with her. I wish I gave her a better tip but I'm bound to return sooner or later.

Eventually we left and booted up Pokémon Go on our phones to begin catching a bunch of mons along the way to the park. She got a tad bit more touchy, playfully hitting me. Once we got into the park and a bit of ways into it, we walked shoulder to shoulder. At one point when she was standing still looking for mons to catch on her phone, I put my arm on her shoulder and kissed her cheek. That's when she turned to me, put away her phone, and we wrapped our arms around each other to make out for a few minutes. It was great! She was a damn good kisser and her breath didn't smell funky unlike the 36 year old nor was it awkwardly sloppy and bad unlike the shy bookstore girl I went out with. Plus it helped that I was chewing gum.

Any way, we would end up making out a second time at the park after she helped me tie my bandana over my head and running into a bunch of other Pokemon Go players as we caught a bunch of mons. I went from level 5 to level 7 in that time span. On the subway ride home, she once again noticed that my hand was still shaking to which I told her that it was because it was a very good feeling. She was satisfied with my answer. At one point, we thumb wrestled and she won both times despite me having bigger and longer fingers.

When my stop came up, I got two quick peck on the lips and that was that. I texted her when I got home and got a quick back and forth before she said she was going to knock out for the night. There will definitely be a second date thanks to Pokemon Go. It works wonders! :)

I have three more dates lined up this week back to back Wednesday through Friday so expect another dating gauntlet post each day if not an amalgamation of one big post on Saturday. The lesson that I learned from this last date was that actions speak louder than words do so rather than asking to make out, just go for it as one will never know if they don't try.

Zelias

Banned
Feel a bit better about my appearance after losing weight and doing a bit of exercise, so might look at getting into Tinder. Need decent photos though, and since I'm not naturally photogenic and hate most photos I'm in that might be a challenge.

Atrophis

Asking to make out sounds really weird to me. If there is chemistry you should just go for it. I guess saying something like "I really want to kiss you" would be fine but actually asking to do it would be a turn off to me.

Anyways good work Jhoan, look forward to your next reports :)

Today I'm hoping to organise a meet up with the lovely lady I've been chatting to on OKC. I'm quite busy over the next few weeks though so it might be difficult.

Jhoan

Good shit bro. Carry the legacy.

Asking to make out sounds really weird to me. If there is chemistry you should just go for it. I guess saying something like "I really want to kiss you" would be fine but actually asking to do it would be a turn off to me.

Anyways good work Jhoan, look forward to your next reports :)

Today I'm hoping to organise a meet up with the lovely lady I've been chatting to on OKC. I'm quite busy over the next few weeks though so it might be difficult.
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I agree that in retrospect, that was an awful move to make as the girl suddenly got mad and defensive about it. Then again, I don't blame her since it was a very insecure thing to ask and out of character for me so her turned off reaction was justified since the guys she went out with were probably all bold and just went for it.

In a way, she did me a favor by saying no and cutting me loose since I took notes from that date and the date with the shy girl by not being so touchy, feely and gauging reaction accordingly. I will never utter that line again.

Pro-tip: Don't take cues from the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels since that's where I got the want to make out line from. Except that in said comics, Scott and Knives did end up making out after he said that line. Life doesn't always imitate art.

Atrophis

Yes, don't take tips from Scott Pilgrim haha.

Well shit, lady I've been chatting to just deleted her OKC profile. She did send me a message with her number first though. Says she has to disappear. She has had abusive partners in the past so it's a bit worrying. Hopefully she texts back soon. Or didn't make a mistake when typing her number :/

Edit: Things are all good. Had an...interesting string of text messages last night haha.

Jawmuncher

Just wanted to post a update since this is really the only place to do so.

Have been using Tinder, Clover, Bumble, PoF, OKcupid, and Coffee meets Bagel for what feels like 2 months now.

Tinder I have gotten mostly bots, with only a few actual matches with nothing of substance to them. Only ever got one real conversation and a bunch of other matches that never said anything when I messaged them.

Bumble I have only gotten one match, and the other end never sent me a message. Since females send the first message there.

Clover I have gotten a few mutual matches, but I like how it shows who has liked you as well. Once again though not much there for conversations.

Coffee meets Bagel I haven't gotten anything out of yet.

Okcupid I have gotten a few conversations from, but once again nothing much of substance.

Plenty of Fish has been much the same way though I did at least get one conversation that went on for a little while.

I think a big issue is just my area. Being more in the country, i'm looking more at people within 30 miles of me which doesn't exactly help my case. Can't really imagine going farther than that and it not becoming a issue at some point. now i'm just using the apps to see if anything sticks. There's no reason not to, but i'm not too worried with how things are going with them. They're just a back up but not my only source. I've also been trying to get out more and have been working on school and the gym. At this point i'm more curious to see how that goes and update my profiles in the future when I see some improvements.

Jhoan

Is online dating a good option for someone with social anxiety/on the spectrum?
As someone with social anxiety who has been seeing a therapist for it regularly for several years, I would definitely recommend it. It'll get you outside your comfort zone as you expose yourself to getting to know new people. The only thing that you will have to accept is that rejection is normal and that online dating can be incredibly fickle so you need to have fun with it.

However, as an alternative. I would recommend volunteering/working at conventions and different events to help you overcome your social anxiety as you'll meet new people, make new friends, and feel good about what you're doing. It's how I improved as a person and don't get anxious in social situations as I used to several years ago. How bad is your social anxiety?

As someone with social anxiety who has been seeing a therapist for it regularly for several years, I would definitely recommend it. It'll get you outside your comfort zone as you expose yourself to getting to know new people. The only thing that you will have to accept is that rejection is normal and that online dating can be incredibly fickle so you need to have fun with it.

However, as an alternative. I would recommend volunteering/working at conventions and different events to help you overcome your social anxiety as you'll meet new people, make new friends, and feel good about what you're doing. It's how I improved as a person and don't get anxious in social situations as I used to several years ago. How bad is your social anxiety?
I have Asperger's so social stuff can be awkward, especially the making friends part. I tend to be good with older or younger people, but interacting with peers around my own age (I'm 24) can be tough

Salamando

Any online dating app is just a tool for making introductions. It's on you to go on those dates. However, the first meet with a girl from online is like meeting a girl in a bar while you have superpowers. You know that girl's single. You know that girl wants to talk to you. And you know she finds you reasonably attractive. That alone can give you confidence.

As Jhoan indicated, thick skin is handy. You will send lots of messages that go unanswered or have girls deactivate their account mid-conversation. All you can do is keep moving forward.
I have Asperger's so social stuff can be awkward, especially the making friends part. I tend to be good with older or younger people, but interacting with peers around my own age (I'm 24) can be tough
I'll forever recommend heading to local board game meetups. They're all incredibly welcoming of any person who isn't a total dick.

Jokab

Any online dating app is just a tool for making introductions. It's on you to go on those dates. However, the first meet with a girl from online is like meeting a girl in a bar while you have superpowers. You know that girl's single. You know that girl wants to talk to you. And you know she finds you reasonably attractive. That alone can give you confidence.

This is exactly why online dating worked for me where I was (still am) terrified to approach someone at a bar, or anywhere, that hasn't shown interest first. I'm very scared of rejection, but knowing the girl has an interest in me before meeting makes much less scary.

Atrophis

However, the first meet with a girl from online is like meeting a girl in a bar while you have superpowers. You know that girl's single. You know that girl wants to talk to you. And you know she finds you reasonably attractive. That alone can give you confidence.

Thats what I love about it. No need to worry if someone is actually interested in you or finds you attractive. Removes a huge amount of stress from the situation and I don't get any nerves and can be myself.

Zelias

Banned
So tried tinder for the first time last night, and woke up to find I had a match and a message while I was sleeping, but both the message and match were gone. Just flakiness or is there something I'm missing here?

So tried tinder for the first time last night, and woke up to find I had a match and a message while I was sleeping, but both the message and match were gone. Just flakiness or is there something I'm missing here?

Probably a bot that matched, sent you a message but was excluded from the app in the meantime.

Alright gaf I gotta ask some advice I'm a store manager at a gas station and there is a girl that comes in a couple time a week that works at the daycare down the street I totally wanna ask her how out. We've been having small talk when I'm ringing her up but how should approach asking her out. I'm assuming be discreet about it like say hey wanna get a coffee or food sometime?

Atrophis

That doesn't sound like online dating to me :p

Heh, I have never done something so forward so I can't really offer you much advice. You will never know if you don't try but then again I suppose it could make things really awkward. I would consider it a bit unprofessional to proposition people at your place of work while you are on the clock. You're the manager though so it's not like you're going to get told off!

Alright gaf I gotta ask some advice I'm a store manager at a gas station and there is a girl that comes in a couple time a week that works at the daycare down the street I totally wanna ask her how out. We've been having small talk when I'm ringing her up but how should approach asking her out. I'm assuming be discreet about it like say hey wanna get a coffee or food sometime?

If you're already chatty with the girl sure. Just ask her out. Coffee is always a good option.

That doesn't sound like online dating to me :p

Heh, I have never done something so forward so I can't really offer you much advice. You will never know if you don't try but then again I suppose it could make things really awkward. I would consider it a bit unprofessional to proposition people at your place of work while you are on the clock. You're the manager though so it's not like you're going to get told off!
Nobody responded in the other thread lol

gwailo

Banned
Eh, it's a gas station - not exactly a "professional" environment. If he has already been making small talk with her, I don't really see a huge deal if he asks her out for coffee/drinks.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

About half the women I have gone on a date with via online dating have definitely had some form of social anxiety. Last girl I went on a date with went on a rant on how I'm the only guy she has met who she could hold eye contact with.

When I was younger I was overweight and super awkward when it came to dating. Got in shape, signed up for OkCupid and went on a date with every girl who was interested. Ended up going on some stupid amount, like 26 or 28 dates in 30 days - all while going to school and working full time. The experience completely honed my ability to talk to anyone in a likeable and charming way as well as my ability to pickup on the most subtle social queues. (Albeit I then quit the site and started dating a friend for a year)

Those two points said, yeah, I completely think it's a good option.

Jhoan

As Jhoan indicated, thick skin is handy. You will send lots of messages that go unanswered or have girls deactivate their account mid-conversation. All you can do is keep moving forward.

I'll forever recommend heading to local board game meetups. They're all incredibly welcoming of any person who isn't a total dick.
You make a good point about the girl finding one reasonably attractive enough to go on a date. I don't think about that stuff too much but it's so true.

I agree with all of the above including attending meetup groups. I will also add that if you live in a decent sized area where you happen to be aware of other GAF members who also live there, I would highly recommend organizing a GAF meetup. That was another way of how I overcame my social anxiety while becoming street smart and meeting new friends in the process.

So as I mentioned in the Dating-Age thread, I have a date in about 2 hours with playground picture girl. We're slated to meet at a brunch place then go to the playground where she took the picture at. I'm not going in with any expectations into this one considering the fact that she responds every 24 hours or so. Although it is a PokeStop so it'll be hard not to boot up Pokemon Go. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Also, I followed up with video production girl asking her out for early next week today so fingers crossed! I'm feeling good about it because after all, the second date is the real first date.

Other than that, I've been having a back and forth with a 31 year old on CMB since she's been responding fairly quickly so I see a date in the cards for next week. Puerto Rican-Irish girl reconfirmed with me for tomorrow and I got messaged by a girl who reactivated her OKC account after being harassed by a dude multiple times on it. It's a tough world for women out there.

ok what is people's opinion on my 'situation'

So for the past 2/3 weeks I've been talking to someone one facebook who I knew years ago but only recently got in touch again. We were never that close to begin with, but during our facebook messages these last few weeks we really hit it off. She was inviting me out with her friends, talking loads etc. She said she'd come out for my birthday which didn't happen because I had food poisoning. However we arranged to meet up just us two which she was very keen on.

it was pretty much an unofficial date, we hit it off, especially as the night went on and I could tell she liked me just from the facebook chats, anyway end of the night we have a kiss we go our separate ways since we both have work in the morning. We talk some more she said she's happy she kissed me etc. We go on another date on the weekend, I picked her up and took her to a park, turns out the park was terrible, just a patch of grass ( I had never been) yeah it sucked but we made the most of it then went for drinks and lunch then park to another part of the park that actually had stuff in it. We spent a good 6 hours together that flew, a few awkward silences and such but that's to be expected considering the time we know each other and how long we were there for. We kiss throughout the day alot hold hands and shit, she lies into me on grass.

anyway after this 'date' she don't seem to talk as much in texts apart form arranging the next date which was meant to be tonight, well since i'm posting this shit on here, you guessed it she cancelled lol. I had this weird feeling she would cancel, anyway she said about doing something next week, ok that's cool I guess but what about this weekend? I just agreed to next week no point pushing it. But it is the way she suggested next, week, rather than be absolute as in well I fucked up tonight but definitively next tuesday or whatever we can do this, she just says 'yeah that would be good, maybe next week sometime x'

Am I reading to much into this? we obviously like each other or at least I thought we did, I might just tell her I like her and ask if she likes me. I was in a 6 year relationship until Feb this year and I am 29, I've only just started dating because my professional live took over until now which is now sorted. I sound like i'm needy here but I don't think I am, maybe I am?

tl;dr was in a six year relationship, started dating again recently, was going well with new girl, think she is pieing me off.

Top Bottom