• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

I am a little confused about this games progression style. I finished the first feast of all demons area and can now travel to the second area. My issue is that I can't find the feast entrance in the next dungeon. Should I be looking for keys in dungeons outside of the target dungeons?

mauaus

You need to unlock them from enemy drops. Once you get a new one, any new children from then on will be able to be that class.

ooooooooohhhhhh awesome, now i dont feel bad about my choices, how deep in will i start to see those drops i have been grinding a few small missions on the first 2 dungeons but havent progressed on story yet

Seda

I am a little confused about this games progression style. I finished the first feast of all demons area and can now travel to the second area. My issue is that I can't find the feast entrance in the next dungeon. Should I be looking for keys in dungeons outside of the target dungeons?

Some of the dungeons get a bit complex or maze-like later on. I believe you can find the 2nd feast before you need a key but I'm not sure. I can get to the 4th and I only have 2 keys (although my clan isn't strong enough to take it on yet).

Keys are ubiquitous. Seems like you'll find one hidden in a particular dungeon (typically near the tail end), and then they are used for every lock of that color anywhere.

I found the
light-blue
key at the end of
the forest glade
dungeon as my second key, for example.

As I said earlier, keeping these dungeon layouts in my head is probably not very efficient - might start drawing up some maps.

Some of the dungeons get a bit complex or maze-like later on. I believe you can find the 2nd feast before you need a key but I'm not sure. I can get to the 4th and I only have 2 keys (although my clan isn't strong enough to take it on yet).

Keys are ubiquitous. Seems like you'll find one hidden in a particular dungeon (typically near the tail end), and then they are used for every lock of that color anywhere.

I found the
light-blue
key at the end of
the forest glade

As I said earlier, keeping these dungeon layouts in my head is probably not very efficient - might start drawing up some maps.

Keys seems to be in multiple locations, because I keep running into empty green chests in places I've never been before, and I think I found the light blue key somewhere different than you.

Seda

Keys seems to be in multiple locations, because I keep running into empty green chests in places I've never been before, and I think I found the light blue key somewhere different than you.

I figured that as well, but for some reason forgot about the empty green chests I've encountered when I posted earlier.

Yeah that's probably the case.

I found the
light-blue
key at the end of
the forest glade

Thanks, Yeah I agree that making maps is a good idea. I think I read that they are randomly generated for each game?

Also, when I got to the first dungeon festival area outside of the feast month the angel guy (I forget his name) was waiting and told me to raise my stamina and come back to that spot during the correct month. Is he always going to be waiting at the correct spot in a dungeon, and does the entrance always look the same?

Seda

Thanks, Yeah I agree that making maps is a good idea. I think I read that they are randomly generated for each game?

Also, when I got to the first dungeon festival area outside of the feast month the angel guy (I forget his name) was waiting and told me to raise my stamina and come back to that spot during the correct month. Is he always going to be waiting at the correct spot in a dungeon, and does the entrance always look the same?

The dungeon layouts are apparently not random, just the order at which you encounter them. And yes, you can find where the feast takes place beforehand, and the entrance to the feast looks the same.

Ok thanks, definitely going to map out the dungeons now, I have a feeling that I am just missing the spot. With the last dungeon I got several boss layers into the area before realizing that seimei was in the first area.

autoduelist

Definitely. I'm actually having fun with this, whereas dungeon crawling in Conception felt like a chore more than anything.

And I care more about the characters in my clan than I did about any character in Conception, funnily enough.

I'm midway through Conception 2. Some great ideas, but it's way too easy to fall into a grind cycle where you keep replacing your children, leveling them up, then wanting new children because you can make them even better.

i can not wait to be done so i can play this (or some of my other backlogged games), even though there are things i like about c2.

Shouta

I restarted my game on the Dedicated setting or whatever the 70 hour one is.

I'm going to try and use Heirlooms as soon as possible to start growing their potential.I also switch to Halberdier and Dancer to go along with my martial artist, I had Lancer and Gunner before.

Seda

I restarted my game on the Dedicated setting or whatever the 70 hour one is.

I'm going to try and use Heirlooms as soon as possible to start growing their potential.I also switch to Halberdier and Dancer to go along with my martial artist, I had Lancer and Gunner before.

Do you have to wield heirlooms for them to grow in strength? I created one early on but it was quickly outclassed by other equipment. Wondering if I should have somebody wielding it to power it up or if I should just forgo that one.

Uthred

Tempted to switch most of my guys to lancer because its so handy. Is there any way to see what actual level a character is?

Do you have to wield heirlooms for them to grow in strength? I created one early on but it was quickly outclassed by other equipment. Wondering if I should have somebody wielding it to power it up or if I should just forgo that one.

Yeah you have to use them, then when the person wielding them levels up they get a stat increase

Shouta

Tempted to switch most of my guys to lancer because its so handy. Is there any way to see what actual level a character is?

Yeah you have to use them, then when the person wielding them levels up they get a stat increase

Yep as Uthred points out. Then you can bequeath them to the next generation of characters as well to start keep growing it, I think? Apparently, unique abilities are supposed to manifest eventually.

Seda

Yep as Uthred points out. Then you can bequeath them to the next generation of characters as well to start keep growing it, I think? Apparently, unique abilities are supposed to manifest eventually.

Ive been sending one heirloom through generations without any of its owners wielding it, lol.

Shouta

That's actually the reason why I started off. Heirlooms are dumb expensive so getting them while they were weaker and raisign them with my clan would be pretty sweet.

Kama_1082

Banned
My strongest female clan member died at a ripe age of 12 months :( I had already plans to mate her with one of the strongest God's I have. Le sigh.

Shouta

12 Months? That's some bad genes or you let her Vigor drop done too low. =(

You can keep folks going for a little while longer with Tinticures to increase their Vigor instead of letting them waste away too early.

Uthred

Pity you cant customise your clan some, I got some ugly offspring, semi-divine kids seem to love those mohawks

Kama_1082

Banned
12 Months? That's some bad genes or you let her Vigor drop done too low. =(

You can keep folks going for a little while longer with Tinticures to increase their Vigor instead of letting them waste away too early.
Dropped the vigor to 0, that was after I found out how to beat the 2nd boss.

Amir0x

Banned
Man I am getting lost in this game. So many options, so many offspring, so many keys and maps and enemies and secrets.

I can't believe this was $20, but I'm not complaining. This is a rad handheld game.

Man I am getting lost in this game. So many options, so many offspring, so many keys and maps and enemies and secrets.

I can't believe this was $20, but I'm not complaining. This is a rad handheld game.

It is certainly a good deal at $20. Lots to do and look very nice.

Sera O

Banned
Deciding my name is so difficult. :(

I wish I'd put more thought into my initial character's name. I went with one of the random pick girl names, not realizing it would be passed down to the clan leader for all time. Having dudes named Sumiko is kind of funny. At the same time, decision-paralysis every time I have to name someone is not a good thing.

At what point do more class scrolls start to drop? I just got through my first attempt at the 2nd festival last night.

Also, with regards to heirloom weapons, in the middle of a onigami fight, I had the disembodied ghost of the previous owner of a weapon show up and help their heir out by boosting their attack. It was cool. The heirloom weapons also get random effects, like element boosts, when they are inherited.

I feel weirdly attached to certain clan members. I've got this one lancer who has an amusing victory animation - a weird squatting pose and some 'bring it on' hand gestures; I totally love that kid as a result of their weirdness.

I'm glad it turned out good.

I was afraid Oreshika would be one of those style over substance Sony games that looks gorgous but is absolutely not fun to play.

Just bought it, I probably won't play it anytime soon, but I have to support the effort.

Hikami

Wish there was a better way to screenshot this, one of my clan members apparently has a tail? lol..

9a63a7643a.jpg
20b340b0ee.jpg

Ephidel

Deciding my name is so difficult. :(
I've actually made myself a big list of potential names just so I don't get stuck every time it asks me ^^;

Wish there was a better way to screenshot this, one of my clan members apparently has a tail? lol..
And this is just awesome. So far the most I've managed are some pointy ears, a forehead decoration, and some really dumb looking eyes :p

Amir0x

Banned
I'm glad it turned out good.

I was afraid Oreshika would be one of those style over substance Sony games that looks gorgous but is absolutely not fun to play.

Just bought it, I probably won't play it anytime soon, but I have to support the effort.

Haha yeah I have to admit that was also a passing thought of mine. Sony does have a high quantity of style over substance games. Which is OK, sometimes that's a fun diversion. But I was hoping this was something more.

It was.

Shouta

I saw the JP guide for the game at Kinokuniya and instantly picked it up lol. Lots of good info and the map section is massive.

Protag

Banned
Is it confirmed that the asian import has english text? I want it, and can anyone link me to it? (I know its not out yet)

LX_Theo

Banned
So I got to the second boss for the first time. Apparently the punk circle boots you out of the room, and you can't go back.

Sad

Squire

Banned
Did the first Seimei fight so the festival is on. One of my boys wants to mate with Kagero no Yura. She costs 2400~ (after a 10% discount, due to the festival) which is pretty much all my current devotion. My boy is 12 months old. Should I go for it now or just wait a few more months and pay more for Yura?

Also, heirlooms. Haven't touched those yet. I've actually just been following Kochin's plan. Will she take care of that part? I'm guessing not.

My current party after unlocking the second festival. So weird how I get attached to the characters despite how quick I cycle through them. Unlocked the Gunner trade, and I've seen Way of the Hammer pop up a few times but haven't been able to get it yet.

Still not entirely sure I know what I'm doing half the time.

i cant seem to get dark children anymore. We all started off as the darkest i could choose and now were the lightest lol.

Sera O

Banned
Also, heirlooms. Haven't touched those yet. I've actually just been following Kochin's plan. Will she take care of that part? I'm guessing not.

No, heirlooms are entirely a manual thing. If you want heirloom weapons/armor, order a piece when you have a newborn of a different class. The cost of the heirloom rises with character level, so it's more cost-efficient to have them use it from birth. I'm not sure yet if there's a reason to have more than 1-2 sets of heirloom equipment per class.

Make sure you manually equip the heirlooms on the characters. Heirlooms will seem really weak at first, and Kochin's autoequip goes by stats. You can use her planning, but do your equipment loadout first before using "decide together" and then "leave as is" when it gets to equipment selection screen.

The heirloom equipment will gain stats each time the owner levels up.

Shouta

Which one? Famitsu or Dengeki? I'm so tempted on buying it just for the maps.

Famitsu

Oh god. Maps would be so helpful.

It's not just maps but explanations on how the DNA stuff works full bestiary and Rite of Creation list with their stats listed as numbers. This is a pretty thick book.

Shouta, which Kinokuniya and did they have any extras?

Seattle. I didn't check to see if they had more.

Top Bottom