• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

Stoof

Is 5 members always the clan cap or can you get more in the future?

EDIT: maybe if I'd read to the bottom of the last page I would've seen my answer

Chance

Five was a typo on my part - I think it's six. ...I think...

Anyway, yeah - for $20, this is a steal. And I know this is gonna' be a really weird comparison, but it reminds me of Okami. Just the most Japanesey Japanese game - the enemy designs, the animations, the sound cues - absolutely lovely. Flavourful.

I particularly appreciate my Weasel familiar's ceremonial dance when I get my family's freak on with a celestial being.

...having the opportunity to type a sentence like that is also, I should note, lovely.

Hikami

For reference, if folks don't mind playing slowly, that 2nd Feast fight is SUPER good for farming XP on the lower modes because XP is much more sparse. Normal fights are 10-50 depending on glory modifiers and how many you kill but that fight can give you like 1500+ easy because I think the game gives you XP for each crab you kill.

Just tried this, kept going til I ran out of mp for skills. Got like 2700 exp. ( ´▽`)
Easy way to get the "win a battle with 200+ turns" trophy too.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Haha I gotta learn not to waste time, I keep getting stuck in a dungeon like missing a key or something and I can't proceed further but then I end up just wandering around trying to see if I miss anything and the months just sink away and away...

...this game is dangerous for someone who plays games the way I do haha.

Good game so far though. Real good. $20 feels like a steal.

glad to hear you are enjoying it! for the amount of time you can put into the title 20 bucks most def is a steal.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm a little unsure now as to the time thing I selected. Is selecting the 100 hour time make the game harder or just longer? Can I spend more time doing things in the 100 hour game?

I'm a bit confused about it now, since I selected the 70-ish hour one but now I think I might want to play even slower lol

Shizuka

I'm a little unsure now as to the time thing I selected. Is selecting the 100 hour time make the game harder or just longer? Can I spend more time doing things in the 100 hour game?

I'm a bit confused about it now, since I selected the 70-ish hour one but now I think I might want to play even slower lol

I think slower means easier, faster means harder.

Seda

Ooh boy. I think I jumped into the third Seimei fight before I should have. I had to keep healing constantly and weapon attacks barely did any damage. I had to resort to 4x skill combinations to barely squeak by him. I should probably not attempt the next Feast at the earliest possible chance.

Also at one point Kochin jumped in to save my captain (there's a trophy for this too). I probably would have lost if she didn't. Clutch when she needs to be I guess.

ike_

Ah fuck it, I can't resist any longer. Gonna go buy it now.

Read my mind. Last night I was checking to see if La Mulana EX was available for Vita yet and saw this in new releases. I literally Google searched "Oreshika NeoGAF" to see if there were any impressions about this game.

Bought.

Chance

It drove me crazy that the game wouldn't let me take screenshots of its select screen for length, but as I recall the longest difficulty had the highest enemy stamina and the lowest XP multiplier - the shorter lengths had like 80% enemy stamina, 125% XP earned, et cetera.

Longer = harder.

I think.

Shizuka

Read my mind. Last night I was checking to see if La Mulana EX was available for Vita yet and saw this in new releases. I literally Google searched "Oreshika NeoGAF" to see if there were any impressions about this game.

Bought.

It is and it's amazing, for real. First time I'm playing the game and I'm having a blast.

ramyeon

It drove me crazy that the game wouldn't let me take screenshots of its select screen for length, but as I recall the longest difficulty had the highest enemy stamina and the lowest XP multiplier - the shorter lengths had like 80% enemy stamina, 125% XP earned, et cetera.

Longer = harder.

I think.
You can change the difficulty at any time during the game anyway. So if you need more time in a dungeon you can change it so that time moves slower and then change it back to something faster once you're done.
Are you locked at five (living) clan members for the entire game? I want to breed my peeps.
First upgrade costs 20,000 and allows up to 10 members, I got it just after restoring the second festival.

Final upgrade is 50,000 and allows up to 16 members, I got it between the second and third instrument. It's definitely the maximum cause there's a trophy for it.

Amir0x

Banned

See that's just confusing for the way I play games. I play all my games methodically, finishing them ages longer than most people. No matter how easy or hard, I like to languish and really appreciate the level design and art direction.

:(

Chance said:
Longer = harder.

I think.

Wait now I'm confused.

Guh, the dungeon that holds the second artifact seems impossible for me to navigate. I can't find the dang portal to the Festival.

So now I've spent two years running around the other dungeons trying to get as many keys as possible so I can maybe successfully navigate to the Festival next time. I hope. Ergh.

Hikami

Network settings finally seem to be working, how do you generate a QR code?

oo finally, -generates random QR code-
What do these even do?

8f341b9639.png
You go to clan > clan members > select someone > generate QR code

edit: sweet. can finally visit my psn friends lands
and challenge them

What do these even do?

Now I can go to Town > Entertainment District > Souvenir Shop > Register QR Codes and point my camera at your QR code. That lets me register your dude as a "candidate for adoption and betrothal," whatever that means.

Btw, PSN finally connected for me!

ramyeon

Now I can go to Town > Entertainment District > Souvenir Shop > Register QR Codes and point my camera at your QR code. That lets me register your dude as a "candidate for adoption and betrothal," whatever that means.

Btw, PSN finally connected for me!
It means you can either adopt them directly into your clan or wed them to one of your current members to get offspring from them instead of using a God (I believe, haven't actually tried betrothal first hand yet).

Hikami

Online features make this a lot more fun, visited a friend's land and he had dungeons I hadn't seen yet.

then proceeded to his home to challenge him and win his emblem :)

Maid

Banned
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but why does my clan only have boy offsprings? It's my 9th child and I haven't seen a single girl.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What do these even do?

edit: sweet. can finally visit my psn friends lands
and challenge them

for trading with others for peoole to use in their game

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but why does my clan only have boy offsprings? It's my 9th child and I haven't seen a single girl.
That's odd. Perhaps the RNG doesn't like you, as far as I know you can't influence what gender your offspring are.

ramyeon

I really appreciate being able to change the difficulty. When I need to grind for items/money/devotion I can change it to an easier difficulty that nets more rewards (Like Fortunate) and has shorter dungeon run times. When I need to get to the feast of demons I can change it to one that has a slower passage of time but nets less rewards. So useful.

ramyeon

But it is a much better game.
Definitely. I'm actually having fun with this, whereas dungeon crawling in Conception felt like a chore more than anything.

And I care more about the characters in my clan than I did about any character in Conception, funnily enough.

galvenize

So far I haven't been using magic a lot since I'm wrecking my ennemies with shell based guns. Also all my characters seem to be prone to physical stats. One of my characters seems to have a strong magic affinity but then again, using her physical attacks has been proved to be more effective so far.

Seda

I've started noting where I need keys and where I find keys, but starting to feel like I should create maps for the dungeons.

mauaus

How do i get my new born characters to pick classes other than the 3 i stared with? Those are the only options in Stuck with

pahamrick

How do i get my new born characters to pick classes other than the 3 i stared with? Those are the only options in Stuck with

You need to unlock them from enemy drops. Once you get a new one, any new children from then on will be able to be that class.

Top Bottom