• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

Ricker

My first pairing resulted in twins.

lol...I will be getting this but not right away,might even wait for a retail version,which will probably be rare as hell to find...going to check with EBGames today to see if they even have this in their system.

Ohnonono

Gonna start this today. What are a good 3 classes to start with? Also what is the most balanced difficulty level to start with? The game seems confusing but not really punishing so hopefully I can fuddle my way through, but any other early tips would be great!

Man it really looks great and it seems to be great, i said "seems" because it's a little confusing at the beginning, but there's a lot to do.

Siliconera has a really positive review.

When you talk about unlocking the gunner trade you mean the job right? Isn't that available since the beginning? My leader is a gunner.
You pick 3 jobs for your starting clan members, but have to find the others.

Gonna start this today. What are a good 3 classes to start with? Also what is the most balanced difficulty level to start with? The game seems confusing but not really punishing so hopefully I can fuddle my way through, but any other early tips would be great!
It really doesn't matter what you pick as long as you have someone who can reach the back row of enemies. I used a lancer, archer, and dancer to start with.

In terms of the time elements, the most irritating aspect is the limited window for going to the festivals. I couldn't go to one because Nueko wasn't out of training in time (and I can't control that because she dies whenever she wants), and so now I have to wait a year and play a few more hours before I can do it, by which point I will probably be way over-leveled for that content.

ramyeon

I understand the complaints that Japanese gamers made regarding Nueko. It's an annoyance, especially since you need her for story related parts and she inexplicably dies and needs to be resummoned. Much prefer having a complete party of my own clan members.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You select three jobs at the beginning, the rest need to be unlocked. So if you didn't pick Gunner at the start, you need to find it.
You pick 3 jobs for your starting clan members, but have to find the others.
Thanks, it was not clear.

Yeah I was very confused and overwhelmed at the beginning, I had no idea what I was supposed to do, I thought they wanted to me to "clear" dungeons, but it seems you're only wanted to defeat some enemies in them. I beat the first dungeon yesterday, but couldnt figure out how to save, so presummed it auto saved, so closed the game and found it didn't save, but thinking its for the best really.

I have to agree with other comments though, the game looks stunning, much more than I thought it would, I thought the water paint style made it seem blurry in screenshots, but in action I find it very nice.

Yeah, i agree.
You can save in the system menù at home, i don't remember if you can save in dungeons too.

Are the trophies in the game fun to get? Also how long is a standard playthrough & how long is the plat+how many playthroughs for it ?
How fun is end game content?

Shizuka

Are the trophies in the game fun to get? Also how long is a standard playthrough & how long is the plat+how many playthroughs for it ?

As far as I've noticed, they're not the usual trophies you'll get for story progression. You'll need to do specific things to get them, even if there are some you'll get without trying.

LX_Theo

Banned
Are the trophies in the game fun to get? Also how long is a standard playthrough?

Don't know on the first one, but the difficulty levels actually change the run time. The fastest game time progression gives a lot more exp and resources in battle, but you don't have as much time. The longest one gives you time to work stuff out, but it also makes you grind more for your time. There's also an easier mode that seems to give the exp output of the fastest with the time progression of the slowest.

Between the grinding part of it and the varied time progression, the game gives estimates of 30 hours for the fast progression and 100 for the slowest one.

Razzorn34

I'm loving the art style. Man, people weren't kidding about the amount of system mechanics thrown at you at the beginning.

As far as I've noticed, they're not the usual trophies you'll get for story progression. You'll need to do specific things to get them, even if there are some you'll get without trying.

Don't know on the first one, but the difficulty levels actually change the run time. The fastest game time progression gives a lot more exp and resources in battle, but you don't have as much time. The longest one gives you time to work stuff out, but it also makes you grind more for your time. There's also an easier mode that seems to give the exp output of the fastest with the time progression of the slowest.

Between the grinding part of it and the varied time progression, the game gives estimates of 30 hours for the fast progression and 100 for the slowest one.

Thanks.

The game's been out for a few days. People aren't at that point yet.
Was aimed more at the people who played or read up on the Japanese version + some gamers enjoy running through games asap.

Ephidel

Second festival kind of spoilers -
Eugh, I have to wait another year to attempt it after running? I already missed it the first time around because I just couldn't find the festival entrance, and I was kind of relying on completing it this year.
My next round of clan members isn't nearly as balanced as my current (or previous) parties because I was experimenting with the new classes I gained (Lancer/Wrecker). And my clan is full and I'm cutting it very fine on giving my Clan Head's cousin her first child before she kicks it as well because I really screwed up the spacing out of who got kids and when (if I were starting over I would do it completely differently, but I just have to roll with it for now). 2Fspoilers again
And now I have to try and make room for Nueko as well? This is going to be... tricky.

... And I know that kind of sounded like a whole load of complaining but it really wasn't because I'm having a great time. And the visuals are fantastic.
I'm actually really enjoying the time and people management aspects of the game, even if I keep messing them up. Kitsuto and his comments are great, and I'm also surprised how attached I feel to my clan already. I love seeing how the kids turn out (mostly normal so far, with a couple of ear abnormalities). Exploring... some areas really need maps, and I'm probably going to need to start drawing my own. The battles are fun, and Dancers and Martial Artists are great. My next round of team members lacks a dancer. Erk :|

Does anyone have any info on how heirlooms work? I keep looking at the option but it's on the expensive side and I haven't been able to make myself part with the cash yet. I also regret the heirloom maker I chose to invite, but I'm hoping I can change that at some point :|
The Gamespot review said something about (mechanics spoilers? maybe?)
future holders needing to have the same name? But I'm not sure if they meant the way the clan heads pass the torch, or if it meant I would be better off naming everyone Fred for great usage compatibility (I'm not going to do this, I'm just wondering)

Trigger

I really have to be more careful. I've pushed two of my clan members into premature deaths. My clan would be pretty screwed if I weren't adopting more candidates.

EDIT- And I somehow saved a trapped god just by using a random weapon in combat? Random, indeed.

coughlanio

OP says there's a physical release on March 30? Any source for this?

EDIT: Apparently it's the Asian Chinese-subbed version.

katagai

Does anyone have any info on how heirlooms work? I keep looking at the option but it's on the expensive side and I haven't been able to make myself part with the cash yet. I also regret the heirloom maker I chose to invite, but I'm hoping I can change that at some point :|
The Gamespot review said something about (mechanics spoilers? maybe?)
future holders needing to have the same name? But I'm not sure if they meant the way the clan heads pass the torch, or if it meant I would be better off naming everyone Fred for great usage compatibility (I'm not going to do this, I'm just wondering)

From what I understand, the weapon is tied to that individual, and when they pass away, you're supposed to be able to pass the weapon on to someone else. The person I bought mine for hasn't passed away yet, so I don't know if you have to give it away before they die, or if there's a prompt or something when they do die.

Also try and buy them for people the minute they're capable of joining your party. Mine only cost around 4000 or so ryo for a relatively new clan member. And if you use the "Kochin's Plan" option, she'll constantly unequip the heirlooms (since the stats suck at first), so pick the second option to prepare your gear before heading out and re-equip it. The weapon gains stats every time the person who has it equipped levels up, so probably best to start one early.

Kochin's Collected Wisdom on Heirlooms:

If you've got the cash, you can ask the craftsmen who sometimes visit the shops in town to make one-off weapons and suits of armor known as heirlooms.

Heirlooms can only be equipped by the person they were made for or inherited by, which makes them useless to others. They also cost a fair bit to make, so they have their downsides.

But the upsides far outweigh them - they boast some seriously good stats, and what's more, those stats improve as their owner grows stronger!

People also say they have special powers that can only be revealed if they're passed down through the generations. Sounds interesting...

galvenize

So...who are you guys making offerings to?

I'm not one to worship gods but Toukasen is one goddess I can get behind ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

In all seriousness though, besides support in battle what does it actually do?

Hikami

From what I understand, the weapon is tied to that individual, and when they pass away, you're supposed to be able to pass the weapon on to someone else. The person I bought mine for hasn't passed away yet, so I don't know if you have to give it away before they die, or if there's a prompt or something when they do die.
My first clan head died and he had a fencer weapon heirloom. I can't remember if I picked it or if it was automatic since I only had one other fencer in my clan who could use it, but yeah it was still passed down.

Ephidel

Cheers for the info :) That sounds far more sensible than what I got from that review. I'll also bear that in mind that they're cheaper bought earlier - I guess by the time I'd unlocked the option my person was already higher level, so it kicked the prices up.

randomkid

I know there was a lot of hullabaloo about the dungeons being randomly generated but er, is that actually true? I watched some footage from someone else's cave temple dungeon and it looked identical to mine. Were people just confused because the dungeons come in random order?

I know there was a lot of hullabaloo about the dungeons being randomly generated but er, is that actually true? I watched some footage from someone else's cave temple dungeon and it looked identical to mine. Were people just confused because the dungeons come in random order?
I got a pop up message in one dungeon saying that paths could change. Maybe that was it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Play through this part in the Chinese version but I've forgotten how I got through. Does anyone know how to deal with that second story boss?
Resummoning crab?

Akuosa

Play through this part in the Chinese version but I've forgotten how I got through. Does anyone know how to deal with that second story boss?
Resummoning crab?
Do exactly as he tells you,
run away. And then come back later (the next year, ugh) with Nueko.

Sera O

Banned
I'm getting the feeling that seeking out the colored keys is important, and Kochin doesn't tend to include that in her plans.

Ugh, yeah I've only found one key so far.

Does making a plan with Kochin to "Find X" actually increase the chances of finding said item? So far in my game it's a total crapshoot; I'm super bad at getting anything in the pre-battle rewards slots game. Maybe that's what I need to do.

Or maybe making a plan to get a certain basic skill scroll being unsuccessful after 6 months will be even sadder then...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

apparently yes folks were confused as it is just which dungeon you get is random and not the internal layout.

Shouta

For reference, if folks don't mind playing slowly, that 2nd Feast fight is SUPER good for farming XP on the lower modes because XP is much more sparse. Normal fights are 10-50 depending on glory modifiers and how many you kill but that fight can give you like 1500+ easy because I think the game gives you XP for each crab you kill.

So if I'm getting this right, after about 14 months, character stats start to decline. So if you're going to create offspring, you want to do it right around 14 months because the stats at time of conception will actually factor into the stats of the child?

jzbluz

Oh shit, I was really careless with one of the new characters and she was going to die but then her father gave up his life for hers. I got a bit teary eyed. I swear I will be be more careful from now on.

Parakeetman

Really is great to see a lot of folks enjoying the title.

Ill most def have to set up my OG PSV for my US PSN acct to get the game as am curious on how the localization is for the title.

Parakeetman

Are you locked at five (living) clan members for the entire game? I want to breed my peeps.

You can increase the size of your home, but you will need to progress in the story and have a certain amount of $$$ on hand for the event to take place.

Someone asked about it earlier in the thread and I forgot what the specifics were from my playthough with the JP version a long while back.

LX_Theo

Banned
And my entire first three clan members have passed on. It really does feel like the passing of a generation, oddly enough.

Amir0x

Banned
Haha I gotta learn not to waste time, I keep getting stuck in a dungeon like missing a key or something and I can't proceed further but then I end up just wandering around trying to see if I miss anything and the months just sink away and away...

...this game is dangerous for someone who plays games the way I do haha.

Good game so far though. Real good. $20 feels like a steal.

Top Bottom