• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origins of Santa Klaus / Sinterklaas.

midnightAI

back in time for dinner christmas GIF by CBC

midnightAI

Why do you keep ignoring a sinister origin and facilitating a material lifestyle as well.gif
Because I don't care? Christmas has many origins, Norse Pagan, Roman, Christian but none of those matter now, Christmas is just a time to enjoy with your family regardless of its origin, now it's just pretty sparkly lights, presents, good food and drink, horrible TV (for the most part) and a break from work (for many)

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
With Sinterklaas and his slaves coming soon I thought it be a nice family video about his and Santa's true history.

Enjoy

Holy shit! I had every intention of watching but 2 and half hrs but ain't nobody got time for that. Anyways Merry Christmas! I'm not bothered by gods and demons one way or another.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Really? Are you are one of those Kick out zwarte Piet? Bunch of idiots who ruin a kids event. So glad those idiots dont dare to appear where I live in NL

Anywayz I do not give a shit. I like sinterklaas and Christmas a lot

Best een simpele reactie.

And don't call me an idiot while threatening people with a certain dynamic nuanced viewpoint implying violence

You didn't watch the "documentary" because you made your mind up.

There's a lot of subtlety and nuance regarding this weird af phenomena but you already exposed yourself by not reading and or not understanding my first response at my lovely stalker.

You also make a lot of assumptions, got triggered a bit no?

Veel plezier in Urk.

This YouTube channel seems a bit fucking crazy if I'm being honest

Many people will say the same thing at first glance. But, and this is no diss to D Days like these... If you don't read, listen or watch something that's all you can do; get a first glance impression.

Last edited:

D-Dude

And don't call me an idiot.

There's a lot of subtlety and nuance regarding this weird af phenomena but you already exposed yourself by not reading and or not understanding my first response at my lovely stalker.

Veel plezier in Urk.

Many people will say the same thing at first glance. But, and this is no diss to D Days like these... If you don't read, listen or watch something that's all you can do; get a first glance impression.

And don't call me an idiot while threatening people with a certain belief.

Veel plezier in Urk.

I didnt watch the whole thing, waaay to long dude. I didnt call you a idiot, but KZO idiots. Which they are, maybe you feel adressed? Anders mijn verontschuldiging.

Anyway maybe I reacted with my gut, but that is because every year those cunts ruin sinterklaas.

Ps: i dont live in Urk, but utmost south of the country. Best part, not shitty randstad.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's ok man. No worries.

Look it's a long standing tradition and hence frankly not in the mood to go into all of it. Rather play some games.

Just posted the video because it goes waaaaaay back and not in a good way.

Wanting to get a taste of it's supposed origins and its implications on the psychological social front doesn't mean I condemn kids having a good time fwiw.

Therefore the vid is so long for many I guess; this shit has origins. And this channel does it's best to include lost of old source material to make their case.

Of course, with a hefty dose of tying up knots and speculation. But that's fine with me.

Hope you have a great time in advance as well as Kenpachii Kenpachii

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm kidding. Yeah i myself love the cozy atmosphere yet makes me feel a bit melancholy as well... Oh well.

On that happy note, if I may boast a bit hehe

I DID WIN the color between the lines cartoon picture of Sinterklaas 3 years in a row.

tom cruise GIF by Top Gun

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ja! Verantwoording!

7 paragraphs minimal.

Gewoon jammer alS mensen shit liken while knowing shit about the topic.

WTF doe je lauwe kroket

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Are you high? The meds don't work anymore? Are you trying to solicit a ban?

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Are you high? The meds don't work anymore? Are you trying to solicit a ban?

To be honest. Your whole post is one big projection.

And you are being off topic seeing you're not discussing the thread material.

Accusations. Wishing me a ban. Shame. Go back to tiktok crotch

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Quite disappointing to see so many Dutch residents on GAF showing their true colours around this subject out of pure ignorance. Pity

Trilobit

Really? Are you are one of those Kick out zwarte Piet? Bunch of idiots who ruin a kids event. So glad those idiots dont dare to appear where I live in NL

Anywayz I do not give a shit. I like sinterklaas and Christmas a lot

You would probably celebrate the birth of Hitler if it was a kids' event.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You would probably celebrate the birth of Hitler if it was a kids' event.

Most dont care about these events because they don't know it's history. But their parents didn't either. It's an ingrained tradition subtly transform into ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN. At what underlying premise though?

Ehh whatever

Last edited:
Top Bottom