• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 19,000,000 people have played Palworld

・Steam: 12 million~ copies
・Xbox: 7 million~ players

palworld-lamball-machine-gun.jpg

daclynk

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Thanks God for this. i hope the Game Freak can take some neat ideas from this and Improve the Pokemon Legends formula for the OG Hardcore Pokemon Fans.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I think he did, and clearly linked it with MS reputation right here.

Ask yourself, did other people blame MS and Phil for Crossfire X? I remember that happening virtually nonstop.

He certainly trashes the game, but I don't see him mentioning Phil Spencer anywhere in that thread. Probably because it is third party and Phil Spencer really had nothing to do with it. Just like Palworld.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
He certainly trashes the game, but I don't see him mentioning Phil Spencer anywhere in that thread. Probably because it is third party and Phil Spencer really had nothing to do with it. Just like Palworld.
Yeah, that's the position I took with both titles.

I sure noticed a shitload of other people assigning all kinds of blame to MS on Crossfire X though, but no credit on this one. People should go back and read those Crossfire X threads. It's not flattering for a lot of people if we care about consistency.

MrA

6 million dollar rustarksurvivapokeclone doing more for Xbox than the 100s of millions spent on starfield

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, that's the position I took with both titles.

I sure noticed a shitload of other people assigning all kinds of blame to MS on Crossfire X though, but no credit on this one. People should go back and read those Crossfire X threads. It's not flattering for a lot of people if we care about consistency.

Well.....I agree with you there. Can't just use this shit when it is convenient. Works both ways.

Solidus_T

I suspect that a large portion of them are Pokemon fans who want to send a message to Gamefreak about their desire for a Pokemon MMO.

Saber

Gold Member
Pokémon will keep being extremely popular.

While being less innovative, having less content, and being more buggy, more glitchy and still sell gazillions, yeah yeah I know lol
This is reaction of Pokemon fanboys still trying to do detective stuff to prove the plagarism.

Last edited:
Meh... still don't see the appeal. Isn't this game just a reskinned ark with pokemon? Pokemon I have never understand the allure.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Meh... still don't see the appeal. Isn't this game just a reskinned ark with pokemon? Pokemon I have never understand the allure.
Ok.

Ark. Super popular.

Pokemon. Super popular.

Combining both, and having it work and be fun. That’s not given enough credit.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Kind of wish that survival games would click with me. I feel like I'm missing out until I start playing them just reaffirm that I seem to not care for this genre.

Except for State of Decay for some reason. But I think that game holds your hand and guides you a lot more and is probably more of a survival lite.

Top Bottom