• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if the loot boxes worked in a similar way to hearthstone packs. With Hearthstone packs whenever u get to 40 opened packs of a specific type, you're 100% guaranteed a legendary. So 40 classic=1 legendary, 40 Gvg= 1 legendary, etc. It resets once you get 1 though. Curious to see if there's anyone unlucky enough to not have gotten a legendary by level 39, to see if they got 1 at 40.

I had a legendary by my 5th loot crate. I didn't realize what they were until I read on here.

T.O.P

Banned
Nice matches tonight PC Gaf :)

Dwarf can be a damn killing machine wow, will try him a lot more from now on

Also, in 22 levels i got two legendaries, and they were both the same skin, yay :|

I'm glad many reindhart players still arent aware that symmetra's orbs go right through his shield and hits him and everyone else behind him. Many satisfying kills that way.

Rad-

I'm interesting in trying Widowmaker and Genji, I'm pretty shit with them though.

Anyone have tips?

With Widowmaker it's important to know the surprising snipe spots. For example in Anubis when defending the B-point there is a very good pillar on the left where you have a good view to the yard and the b-point. Not many people seem to know this spot yet. It's great because you can snipe Reinhardt usually from here.

7bFEGnd.jpg

Haines

Banned
Alrighty.

Finally got my Xbox Nat type open. So I can hear mics etc. Went all launch week with no mic or able to hear anyone.

So I'm looking for people to play with on Xbox one that tend to use a mic / team work.

I'm on est time zone but sparadic timing BC I have kids and rotating shift work.

I use a mic and elite controller.

What would my best way to accomplish finding Xbox gaffers for overwatch?

Add my tag in case anyone interested
Haines GT

shiba5

I pushed a group of ransoms into doing a all Solider 76 game. We got absolutely wrecked.

We need to get a GAF group (with mics) together that just all-picks someone for the fun.

All Mercy incoming!

Ran into a team of 6 Winstons (we were running two) and it was pure chaos. Super funny watching 8 giant apes jumping everywhere.

bee

on the esports twitch stream, someone just did a forward rocket jump with the bastion ult, i've never seen that before, was really funny and worked very well

Jrs3000

I'm enjoying this game so far. I didn't realize how much a beast D.va is and how useful flight is. I only see people use it horizontally instead of going vertical.

T.O.P

Banned
on the esports twitch stream, someone just did a forward rocket jump with the bastion ult, i've never seen that before, was really funny and worked very well

You can also rocket jump with Soldier 76 as well afaik

Some neat mechanics in this game

jesus christ XD we were leading 99% - 0% on nepal and somehow they got the point and won XD

this was the first time i wanted a chat box to attack everybody in my team.... at the end a guy and i were the only people to try getting it back. I didnt see anybody else in a mile XD

Xeteh

Genji:
-Avoid Mai and Zarya.
-Be very careful around Roadhog. A hook is almost always instant death.
-Save your dash until you need an escape or you see a guaranteed kill.
-Careful with your reflect timing. The skill is a lifesaver, but it can be easy to waste.
-Remember to use your melee and your alt fire when up close.
-Your Ult has a noticeable windup. Activate it only when you know yourself to be safe.
-Like Tracer, it helps to know where the health packs are.​

There is zero reason to avoid Mei as Genji. Just don't use your Dash offensively. Hold it until she's freezing you and escape and then pelt away at her with your primary. If she has better aim than you do then just run away. If you play dumb then yeah, Mei kills you but Genji has all the tools to pick Mei apart from range.

Sora_N

Genji:
-Avoid Mai and Zarya.
-Be very careful around Roadhog. A hook is almost always instant death.
-Save your dash until you need an escape or you see a guaranteed kill.
-Careful with your reflect timing. The skill is a lifesaver, but it can be easy to waste.
-Remember to use your melee and your alt fire when up close.
-Your Ult has a noticeable windup. Activate it only when you know yourself to be safe.
-Like Tracer, it helps to know where the health packs are.​

Thanks, I'm probably too suicidal with Genji then, I'm not good at steering quick characters since he's kind of squishy too.

With Widowmaker, you want to find nice points where you can easily shoot at chokepoints but also watch the objective if you need to. I tend to go for chest shots at full power most of the time since you can easily pop another bodyshot for the kill or leave them for teammates. Full power shots will kill Tracer, Zenyatta, and regular D.Va free so don't both with headshots unless you need to. Don't ignore tanks either, since bodyshots behind Rein's shield or shots towards D.Va's head add up fast.

At close range, just spray and aim for the head like you would with Tracer. I jump a lot to make things harder and if I can grapple I'll do that to make myself harder to hit. For poison mines, put them on random hallways that enemies can use to flank to help keep an eye on who is where. I also like to shoot them on control points to just add some extra damage.

Genji is tricky, you may want to check out Seagull's videos of him playing him. Obviously not everyone is as good as him but his movement show you how to effectively move around and more or less how to use him. I tend to use quick melee a lot with him as at close range you can do alt fire, dash melee, quick melee for a quick combo. Or alt fire, quick melee as a panic string in close range.

His counter is pretty easy to use. I like using it against characters who fire a lot of bullets like Bastion and 76 for easy kills. You can also use it to stop ults like Pharah's and Reaper's to stop them.

His ult is kind of hard to use but generally you want to use it after flanking the enemy team while they're clumped together to break them up.

Thanks for the tip on Widow, using the bomb like that is a good idea lol

Also throwing this one out there even though it's not really as relevant as before:

Overwatch |OT2| The Brand New Hero Shooter From Gearbox Software!

cuilan

It does, yeah.

Speaking of, I'm finding it so difficult to get the four kills with D.va's ultimate to get the achievement for unlocking the cute spray. That and Junkrat too. Most I've had with Junkrat is three, and I'm lucky to even hit a turret with D.va's ulty, ha.

Any tips for D.va's ulty? I know you can dash it forwards/up in the air and such.

Best times and places for her ult in order to increase chances of a high multikill are: place it on top of the payload when the payload is about to reach a checkpoint, boost it into a contested objective when the match is about to end, and in high-traffic corners/doorways to get people on both sides.

RoyalFool

Banned
McGree finally clicked for me, took me a while to notice the roll also reloaded his weapon and can be done in any direction. I used to think it was some sort of opener, but once you start using it as part of a rotation he's pretty brutal. Regular shots whilst closing the distance, roll up to their faces, alt fire all 6 rounds at them point blank.

Enjoying watching the meta slowly unfold, for the first few days I rarely saw any Winston players, but now, especially when defending the last point - it's pretty common to find teams picking at least two of him just to tear the attackers apart.

I find myself sometimes getting distracted by the maps, trying to peak into the outside areas to get a glimpse of the overwatch game world. The designers really poured a lot of love into this game and when I expect to see nothing but a skybox I'll often be surprised by some tiny detail a designer somewhere in California probably put there wondering if anybody would even find it. I'm conflicted, on the one hand I want to find out more about the world; each map hides so many hints and secrets of the time which came before it.. but given Blizzards current form with script writing maybe it's best left to the imagination, would a shame for these colorful characters be reduced to tropes.

I want to retire to Hanamura, and I so wish the real London looked like Kings Street.

Found out after almost 2 weeks (beta etc) that you can blow the ceiling panels off in the waiting area in one map. Entire team started hopping around excitedly shooting them with me, reminds me of the stupid glee I feel when I find something new to interact with on the Hearthstone boards. Incredible game, hope Blizzard is on the ball with delivering some extra content and game modes before the hype starts to wear down. The current ones - no matter how good they are, will get stale pretty quick considering the hours I'm pouring into this.

Gorillaz

you know

if your going to stick to like 3 different offense heros and dva at least get some kills with them like damn dudes out here can't even get the job done with there ordinary ass offense picks

same goes for widowmaker players

Farsi

I wonder how long I can get away with not making friend-groups with GAF. More and more everyday groups are getting more prominent while the no talking scrubs stay the same.

abundant

Ran into a team of 6 Winstons (we were running two) and it was pure chaos. Super funny watching 8 giant apes jumping everywhere.

Yes it was. It was super easy to counter them. The next round was funny as well, when they went all Lucios, then all Meis.

Stiler

Finally got a legendary skin from my lv 18 lootbox and it's a glorious one!

07ThQYz.jpg

Now to just learn to play the character lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom