• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

18 kill streak with D.Va in a Brawl. Man she's stupid fun when you get to thruster in to people to knock them off ledges.

cuilan

Just hit level 90! I think I might start using other characters once I get my star. We'll see.

Ylxj9cC.jpg

Apathy

Seriously can scatter arrow actually have random spread instead of it being a bullshit kill anyone every 10 seconds. Cause fuck I would love any ability that is an instant kill on a 10 second timer.

Laputa_94

Had a crazy match on Nepal and ended up getting 67 eliminations with tracer, which is partly thanks to an intense overtime. It is matches like that is the reason I play this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seriously can scatter arrow actually have random spread instead of it being a bullshit kill anyone every 10 seconds. Cause fuck I would love any ability that is an instant kill on a 10 second timer.

It does and its not

ramyeon

Feel so behind in level at the moment, not having that much time to play. Just hit 31 last night. That said I have 20 legendary skins (Not counting the Origins ones) so far, although I bought a fair amount of Loot Boxes.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That awesome moment you as Reinhardt on Attack in Kings Row, at the cusp of pushing the payload to the end, another Rein appears on the Defend side, you just charge him so fast, he falls down the opening hole, you get caught by the wall and survive, haha

Dad

Just started with a six Bastion team on Hanamura attack in the random mode. Why does Blizzard do these things to me

Hex

Banned
Just started with a six Bastion team on Hanamura attack in the random mode. Why does Blizzard do these things to me

Bastions are easier than Tob's turrets, you can sneak up behind them and they aren't rebuild immediately.

Overwatch |OT3| Nerf the Characters, Buff the Loot boxes

Been trying out Mccree, can be pretty fun. First time I tried him didn't think I would give him much time

Will M

I'm on a 15+ game losing streak with randos. I'm still having fun you guys! I'm still having fun. I'm still having fuuuuck this shit goddamn idiots fucking snipes on attack fuck Volskaya and all the bad maps

Just hit level 90! I think I might start using other characters once I get my star. We'll see.

You know deep down inside, you want to cheat on D. Va. The fact that you've stated as much tells me your harbor deep carnivalistic desires. Now tell me, whom do you have your eye on? Who has tickled your fancy?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't get it, turrets are no big deal.
Gaf told me so.

We lost a game vs 6 Tors in a premade yesterday and I still say they are no big deal. Most of the time you wont see crazy stacks like that (hell the first point in the map they had 6 Symmetras and we destroyed them with monkeys), in higher MMR groups you barely see dual stacking let alone 6

as per the february 9th beta notes, scatter shot has a fixed pattern. also if you aim at someones feet with it they bounce up in that pattern causing an instant kill

Dude ive shot plenty at people's feet and it didnt kill them.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I have to suffer with this hitching, I just want to play :(

nbraun80

I don't get it, turrets are no big deal.
Gaf told me so.
Basically it comes down to, are you in a premade that's willing to change heroes to bust up the turrent camp, or are you with randoms who insist on playing torb on attack into it?

If you're with randoms who refuse to change heroes than it can be stupid tough.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I like it just fine.

Yeah it gives so many flanking spots that are just fun to attack or defend.

If you have a bad team that just rushes to the main chokepoint then yeah you'll have a bad time. It allows the mobility of characters such as pharah, DVa, reaper, genji and tracer to really shine though.

wrongway

Did that last mini-patch fuck something up with performance? My framerate is suddenly dropping into the low 40s during team fights whereas I used to consistently be at like 80+. :(

Tingle

I like this weeks random mode, but does anyone else think they should add a rule that the Ultimate Meter will pass to the new character you get for this mode?

The attack/defend modes seem like they are really weighted towards the defenders, because at the final choke point it is much easier for them to stay alive with a healer or running back to the spawn and build their ultimates, while the attackers will die more frequently, loosing all of their meter.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Dva can do quite good damage but she needs to be very close to her opponent. But if you boost up to someone and start raining bullets into their head for crits, they're not going to last very long, and Dva can chase for ages since her boost CD is so low. Dva also benefits a lot in those sorts of aggressive attacks by having no need whatsoever to reload. She has to be one of the best heroes in the game at taking out Mercy, since she can simply boost after her when Mercy flies off and finish the job.

Dva's biggest problem is that she goes down very hard to focused attacks since her critical hitbox is the size of the moon, so I hope that when they buff her, they tweak her survivability. I actually think her damage output is in a good spot; it's just that too many don't play her as the aggressive flanking tank she's meant to be, and really run right up to people's faces before shooting.
I've started playing more with D.Va's boost... I mean.. that is just a god tier movement. the range on it is crazy (one of the highest leaps in the game) and cooldown is like 4 secs. The best part is that (for now) players don't even expect it. I had a 76 attacking down from a balcony, I shielded, and he still stood there and just switched targets FACING AWAY FROM ME. Best part is he got a knockback plus damage from the boost (I think that's right) and then fell to the guns in the face.

but yeah, so is her headshot like the entire center of the mech??????

Today I learned that the D.Va robot spawn has a knockback.

https://my.mixtape.moe/goatjn.webm

yes, with actual damage. You should kill most offense and support, and a bunch of defense, with just the drop.

Wait so how much damage is D.va's mechfall?
I've started playing more with D.Va's boost... I mean.. that is just a god tier movement. the range on it is crazy (one of the highest leaps in the game) and cooldown is like 4 secs. The best part is that (for now) players don't even expect it. I had a 76 attacking down from a balcony, I shielded, and he still stood there and just switched targets FACING AWAY FROM ME. Best part is he got a knockback plus damage from the boost (I think that's right) and then fell to the guns in the face.

but yeah, so is her headshot like the entire center of the mech??????

I think its the window of her mech. It is huge. But she also has the most armour in the game, so I think it balances out a bit.

She's a wonderful character, conceptually. I didn't expect to like her at all, and now she's my most-played, favourite char in the game.

I think I must be a little bit better at this game than I expected. I've played with GAF a few times now (Dyno on battle.net) but probably done at least half if not more with randoms too so it can't be a pure carry, yet I've spent most of the last couple days playing with and against Widows that can completely wreck. I'm usually not so good at MP shooters so this comes as a nice little surprise to appear to be in the upper ranks of matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom