• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
This game is becoming less and less fun and more stress and salt :[

Yep.

Day 1: Oh well we, lost. GG everyone.

Now: Widowmaker stop fucking sniping and touch the damn payload to reset overtime. It's right there and you have a grappling hook, what's wrong with you?

DEFEAT

Fuck you.

Tis a good thing I didn't have a mic.

Luigi87

Learning now that Blizzard's store has an exclusive Pharah Funko Pop!

... damn you Blizzard. That's a new low in exclusives and Funko collecting.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yep.

Now: Widowmaker stop fucking sniping and touch the damn payload to reset overtime. It's right there and you have a grappling hook, what's wrong with you?

DEFEAT

Fuck you.

The world could always use more salt.

Dartastic

Let WInston's melee do hella damage
I think the biggest problem with Winston right now is that his ultimate is crap. It doesn't do much damage, and if you're on a map where you can't really knock people off it is kinda useless outside of just allowing you to survive longer.

Ferrio

Banned
Learning now that Blizzard's store has an exclusive Pharah Funko Pop!

... damn you Blizzard. That's a new low in exclusives and Funko collecting.

How are these stupid things still getting made? I walk into stores with shelves lined with the stupid things and no one buying.

Worse than Benie Babies.

I think the biggest problem with Winston right now is that his ultimate is crap. It doesn't do much damage, and if you're on a map where you can't really knock people off it is kinda useless outside of just allowing you to survive longer.
Nah. It's not useless. It's great for getting people away from a payload, whether on offense or defense.

I've won games like that.

Luigi87

How are these stupid things still getting made? I walk into stores with shelves lined with the stupid things and no one buying.

Worse than Benie Babies.

They sell like mad.

... I actually don't collect them (I have one Agent Coulson my father got me), BUT... I did want the Overwatch ones, lol

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
As far as i heard the matchmaking is skill based, meaning the level doesn't matter, maybe he's as bad as a level 5? :p

or it's broken idk.

XP level =/= MMR

I suspect it's a small priority issue.

Where first it looks for empty games or players within your skill level looking for a match, but if it cant find any that aren't starting or full it expands and expands and expands until it finds a game that it needs 1 more player to fill.

So that's why every once in a while you end up in a game that you jut feel that either completely outclass or are completely outclassed.

NimbusD

Bastion is almost too easy to destroy.

Just sucks when you're at a choke point and the enemy team switches up to 2-3 bastions. A single genji can only take out one, maybe two dumb bastions if your team isn't helping you and just running into them over and over.

cHinzo

Held the enemy team off the final point at Hollywood for like 7-8 minutes with our 3 Torbjörn setup. It was disgusting.

Yep.

DEFEAT

Fuck you.

What kind of revisionist history is this

It was always the latter

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like honestly though, if a team is getting held off by 3 torbjorn/bastion, they really need to start learning what hard counters mean in this game.

Yep.

DEFEAT

Fuck you.

You can't tell me what to do. Stop being so elitist and only caring about winning. I can do whatever I want.

Kappa

Woo-Fu

Banned
Horrible tickrate really starting to ruin this game for me. Blow the tire right on top of Mei and she doesn't corpsicle until AFTER the explosion and survives. Twice in one match this happened. The second time she wasn't even looking at the tire.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
OT3 going up soon. Post your title ideas now or forever hold your peace. The one I'm currently leaning towards is:

|OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
White, White, Blue, White is the only choice people

R0ckman

Do people not know what Zayra ult does? Why am I the only one attacking a full group of enemies caught in my ult? Even in a group with multiple people in voice chat? Its like these random people are playing half asleep.

MazeHaze

Banned

Worse than Benie Babies.

A lot of them are pretty terrible looking, but I have a Tyrion Lannister and a Doom Marine that are pretty dope. The Pharrah one looks pretty cool, I think I'm in for that.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
OT3 going up soon. Post your title ideas now or forever hold your peace. The one I'm currently leaning towards is:

|OT3| White, White, Blue, White

YESsssssssssss do it. This is the best one.

I am also partial to

|OT3| Toblerones, Toblerones Everywhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
white white blue white is also the best choice because someone who doesnt play overwatch is like "wtf does that mean?" and those are the best title responses :3

also by the time OT4 rolls around nobody will care about loot boxes anymore

Heroes never die! (but, they should iron)

84Diogj.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Do people not know what Zayra ult does? Why am I the only one attacking a full group of enemies caught in my ult? Even in a group with multiple people in voice chat? Its like these random people are playing half asleep.

I think a lot of people don't see her enough so they don't know what to do when she Ults.

Too bad because she is awesome and really really good.

Ketch

Stolen from bastion Dota announcer, but it still holds true for overwatch:

Overwatch OT3: Nobody likes to play support, yet everybody likes to win.

Worse than Benie Babies.
Anytime you have to ask why something you think is stupid is getting made the answer is almost certainly money.

Zemm

Feeling ill today so only managed a couple of brawl games but I finally got to try out D'va and my first thought was "wtf, why does she move so slowly when shooting? That makes no sense and should be changed". Also her damage is pathetic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Feeling ill today so only managed a couple of brawl games but I finally got to try out D'va and my first thought was "wtf, why does she move so slowly when shooting? That makes no sense and should be changed". Also her damage is pathetic.

Boost, boost, boost, shoot.

I even see this from other people "maining" DVa in that they try to ping people in mid to long range. That is literally the most useless thing you can do. There's a reason why they made boost's CD so short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom