• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PA - "WHY IS THERE A HUGE COCK ON MY DOOR?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
20040609l.jpg

:lol

Best one in a while.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
That's funny... but why did he paint a big...oh forget it...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
It really doesn't -- it's one of their "It's a videogame comic because we mention a game in it" strips.

But still, very funny, IMO.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
sp0rsk said:
sounds like a freshman dorm room prank.

thumbs DOWN.
Well, the funny part for me wasn't what Gabe did, but how Charles and Gabe reacted in the last panel.

But to each his own, and all that.

Hawksley

I smiled at this, but I think it's just a habit now. I try to pretend to like them, and now it comes naturally. I think Penny Arcade broke me. :(

Tritroid

You know they could have actually done a strip about funny things that actually happen IN the game instead of random bs about cocks painted on a door.

Cheap laughs is apparently what they're after here.

SFA_AOK

They're talking about 4 swords, getting 4 players to get the most out of the game is a point I think they can make about the game.

Charles... is a character that's been in PA before. Let's say there's not a lot of love between Gabe/Tycho and Charles.

Mashing

No shit Mike Works.. I agree with you... why do people post these topics if most everyone hates PA.

Edit: I should mention that I like PA myself.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Believe me, if I would've imagined all the hate this topic would garner, I would not have posted it.

Hell, I thought it was pretty funny.

darscot

Penny Arcade is good stuff! It's just the fact that there is such a huge percentage of socialy inept closet wankers here that spoil it. Why don't you try punting the people that troll ever Penny Arcade post so those of us that like it can enjoy it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
human5892 said:
Believe me, if I would've imagined all the hate this topic would garner, I would not have posted it.

Hell, I thought it was pretty funny.

I usually get a laugh out of PA. People just like to hate on it for whatever reason. I do think that their strips based on actual games (ICO's "Yeah, I don't speak Crazy Bitch," the huge XBox controllers, the PSO strip, etc.) or about gaming are generally better than when they stray away, but it's an overall good comic strip about gaming.

Every once in a while that dumb White Ninja comic can be humorous, but I don't get why so many people here think VG Cats is somehow better. :p

VG Cats is 99% stupid, unfunny shit, and White Ninja is a sorry excuse for a comic. It's funny about 1 time out of 137 strips.

"Hello little doggy"

"OMG WHY DID YOU PUT A BOMB IN MY PANTS???"

"Because..."

*KA-BOOM*

GA audience: OMG ROOFLES DID YOU SEEZ THA NEW WHYTE NINJAZ????!!!?!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Lyte Edge said:
I usually get a laugh out of PA. People just like to hate on it for whatever reason.

People always hate on success.

PS - this one is funny, funnier if you know the Gabe/Charles deal.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
There's no clever little twist, no point at all, just a simple joke. Laugh? More like a shrug. :/

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I thought it was funny. Mainly the last line and "Think hard. I'm Gabe..."

And since we are always arguing it, VGcats is painfully unfunny for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom