• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2014

Raist

Banned
EA’s 6 week run with ‘FIFA 15’ is over as Activision Blizzard take the title with ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’.

The latest in the series convincingly beats the week 1 number of 2013’s ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ despite being the 5th biggest launch in the Call of Duty series as a whole. By contrast however three of this year’s biggest week 1 titles have been First Person Shooters (Titanfall, Destiny & Wolfenstein). Advanced Warfare’s week 1 total beats the combined week 1 sales of those 3 by almost 14%. ‘FIFA 15’ (-20%) moves down to No2 following its unbroken run at the top since release. It stays way ahead of two Sega titles one of them a new entry at No3 in the form of ‘Football Manager 2015’ for PC. The second is ‘Alien: Isolation’ (+120%) which climbs to its second highest position since launch 5 weeks ago. Strong sales spurred by retailer promotions see it climb to No4.

‘Destiny’ (+3%) climbs a spot to No5 ahead of ‘Minecraft: Playstation Edition’ (-41%) which drops 3 places to No6. ‘Skylanders Trap Team’ (+6%) continues its week on week climb up to No7. Last week’s debutant and Xbox One exclusive title ‘Sunset Overdrive’ (-61%) is down to No8 ahead of ‘The Evil Within’ (-44%) which slides to No9. There is no change at No10 as ‘Minecraft: Xbox Edition’ (+9%) is a non-mover. Outside the Top 10 ‘Disney Infinity 2.0’ (+10%) adds new Disney Originals to its roster of Starter Packs although the title remains at No12 despite the boost in sales.

Individual charts
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

I guess we could guess a rough estimate given the bolded.

Hasney

PS4 version outsold it, to the surprise of a few people in this thread. Never saw the XB1 version coming out on top personally.

Then XB1,360,PS3 versions and Football Manager 2015 coming in ahead of the FIFAs.

EDIT: FIFA 360 is top ahead of XB1 and then PS4.

Miles X

£430 i think

Yesh. Anyway, I think PS4 is much stronger in the UK this gen, than it is in the US. Whereas last gen it was pretty much even in terms of how much 360 dominated. Don't expect it to change either, whereas in the US I think XB1 COD has a shot at outselling PS4 COD.

PS4 >> Xbone hardware wise in the UK.

Why would anyone assume CoD:AW Xbone will easily outsell the PS4?

All the adverts for cod are also for Xbox one, and COD is traditionally a big seller on Xbox.

These are also the reasons why many believe the Xbox one will be pushed by cod to beat the PS4 in November NPD.

Bruno MB

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare must have barely outsold Call of Duty: Ghosts, that's a very disappointing performance.

BKK

No mention of CoD becoming the biggest week one title of the year, which suggests that it's less than FIFA 15 first week. Which would put it around 8-900k. That's a pretty massive decline from it's peak, and doesn't have the excuse of a staggered release this year..

I'm somewhat surprised at the XBO SKU being above the 360 SKU? Has that been the norm of late?

I would surmise that last gen demise is proceeding rapidly, and current gen adoption isn't yet capable of off-setting it too much.

Top Bottom