• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2014

test_account

XP-39C²
NeoGAF isn't what it used to be.
Its just a dumb junior being dumb.
He just made a joke of what someone said in the previous week's PAL thread, check post #124 in this thread. And to be fair, those type of comments have always existed on NeoGAF to some degree, at least as long as i've been on NeoGAF. They were much more common many years ago as well, at least from my experience. Maybe not in the PAL threads, but in the NPD and Media Create threads.

They make money; even the "bad" one sold several million. But I think as a narrative vehicle the series may be running a little dry, so I hope we start getting only one per system cycle. Make it a big event and show off the new tech, make some coin and then move on to new projects for another cycle. Just my opinion, of course^^
Indeed, that is why i'm very sure that there will be more God Of War games. I'm curious what they will do with the next one. There are a lot of characters in Greek Mythology, although Kratos has killed most of the famous ones. But i'm wondering which direction the serie will take :)

Xater

I wonder when retailers will start doing pricedrops on their own ( You can get XB1 + Fifa for 360€ here in Germany ).
Want to buy a SO bundle but i feel like after christmas Media Markt and co. will do a pricedrop to 299€.

A couple of days ago you could have bought that bundle for 331€.

Regarding Bayo 2, they really should have shipped more special editions and less normal editions, at least outside UK where Xbox is less widespread and people were not likely to buy the bad PS3 port.

Edit: Found my copy of the special edition in only one of three shops I checked.
In stock when I bought it: 4x Special Edition, around 25x Normal Edition.
Checked the same shop way later: Sold Special Editions: 4, sold Normal Editions: 0
Or at least it looked like that.
I think the problem was people put down pre-orders for Bayonetta 2 as the special edition SKU wasn't officially announced (outside of the NOE website saying Baoynetta 1 comes with the special edition, more details soonish) until the Nintendo direct and at that stage supply and demand was impossible to tell (so even if retailers wanted more special edtions they wouldn't be able to get it as NOE didn't have enough made).

Basically had NOE announced and priced the special edition SKU at the same time as standard there would have been more on the shelves (this would have also avoided any supply and demand issues).

The fact France and Italy both list Bayonetta 2 special edition as its own SKU (whereas the UK combines all three...) which I assume its not combined is really telling.

One4U

Banned
Just to give you an idea of XBone's situation over here, FIFA 15 Legacy Ed. sold almost 50% more than FIFA 15 X1 and Bayonetta 2 sold more than TEW X360 and X1 combined.
Can't link you to an official source for this, so it's up to you if you want to believe that or not.
Either way, the charts give a pretty clear picture.

_____

Italy - Week 43

Fifa 15 PS3
Electronic Arts
Fifa 15 PS4
Electronic Arts
Fifa 15 X-Box 360
Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2015 Wii
Ubisoft
Bayonetta 1 + 2 Special Edition Wii U
Nintendo
The Evil Within PS4
Bethesda Soft
Minecraft PS3
Sony
The Last of Us Remastered PS4
Sony
Fifa 15 Wii
Electronic Arts
Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack Wii
Activision Blizzard

Which is quite sad, isn't it?

spwolf

I wonder when retailers will start doing pricedrops on their own ( You can get XB1 + Fifa for 360€ here in Germany ).
Want to buy a SO bundle but i feel like after christmas Media Markt and co. will do a pricedrop to 299€.

few weeks ago there was a bundle with 2 games for €350 in Europe... they have discounts all the time.

In past 7 days, there are several retailers on ebay offering PS4 for €350.

Guymelef

Spain until November 14th.
B1nMaHlCMAANXg0.jpg

Moonstone

Germany
1.Landwirtschafts-Simulator 15 - PC (NEU)
2.FIFA 15 - PS4 (2)
3.FIFA 15 - PS3 (1)
4.Lords Of The Fallen - PS4 (NEU)
5.The Evil Within - PS4 (3)
6.Mittelerde: Mordors Schatten - PS4 (7)
7.Super Smash Bros - 3DS (10)
8.WWE 2K15 - PS3 (NEU)
9.Tomodachi Life - 3DS (9)
10. Minecraft - PlayStation 3 Edition - PS3 (13)
11. Sunset Overdrive - XB1 (NEU)

23. Lords Of The Fallen - XB1 (NEU)
25. Lords Of The Fallen - PC (NEU)
29. WWE 2K15 - 360 (NEU)

Xando

Germany
2.FIFA 15 - PS4 (2)
3.FIFA 15 - PS3 (1)
8.WWE 2K15 - PS3 (NEU)

29. WWE 2K15 - 360 (NEU)

Damn, Sunset bomba?

Edit:

As I predicted. Again mainland Europe really doesn't care much for the Xbone.
Didn't think it would chart no. 1 but not even Top 10?
I mean even Lords of The Fallen made it to no. 4

Xater

Germany
2.FIFA 15 - PS4 (2)
3.FIFA 15 - PS3 (1)
8.WWE 2K15 - PS3 (NEU)

29. WWE 2K15 - 360 (NEU)

Are the full charts somewhere? I would like to know if Bayonetta 2 dropped out just as bad as in the UK.

Damn, Sunset bomba?

As I predicted. Again mainland Europe really doesn't care much for the Xbone.

Belgo Ray

so....full top 50 when?

1. (NEU) Landwirtschafts-Simulator 15 -PC
2. (2) FIFA 15 -PS4
3. (1) FIFA 15 -PS3
4. (NEU) Lords Of The Fallen -PS4
5. (3) The Evil Within -PS4
6. (7) Mittelerde: Mordors Schatten -PS4
7. (10) Super Smash Bros. -3DS
8. (NEU) WWE 2k15 -PS3
9. (9) Tomodachi Life -3DS
10. (13) Minecraft -PS3

11. (NEU) Sunset Overdrive -XBO
12. (8) Die Sims 4 -PC
13. (NEU) CoD Advanced Warfare –PC
14. (11) The Evil Within –PS3
15. (16) NBA 2k15 –PS4
16. (12) FIFA 15 -360
17. (15) Destiny -PS4
18. (NEU) Singstar Ultimate Party -PS4
19. (31) The Walking Dead Season 2 -PS4
20. (24) The Walking Dead GOTY Edition -PS4
21. (NEU) CoD Advanced Warfare -PS4
22. (6) Bayonetta 2 Special Edition -WiiU
23. (NEU) Lords of the Fallen -XBO
24. (5) The Last of Us Remastered -PS4
25. (NEU) Lords of the Fallen -PC
26. (4) Civilization: Beyond Earth -PC
27. (18) DriveClub -PS4
28. (17) Skylanders: Trap Team -Wii
29. (NEU) WWE 2k15 -360
30. (27) Minecraft -PS4
31. (22) Just Dance 2015 -Wii
32. (44) The Evil Within -360
33. (30) Forza Horizon 2 -XBO
34. (26) Battlefield 4 -PS4
35. (19) FIFA 15 -Wii
36. (14) Grand Theft Auto V -PS3
37. (23) Mittelerde: Mordors Schatten -PC
38. (21) The Evil Within -XBO
39. (49) Minecraft -360
40. (65) The Walking Dead Season 2 -PS3
41. (47) CoD Black Ops 2 -PS3
42. (20) Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! -PS3
43. (WE) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -PS3
44. (37) Fantasy Life -3DS
45. (43) Diablo 3 -PS4
46. (25) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag -PS3
47. (33) FIFA 15 -PC
48. (68) Disney Magical World -3DS
49. (42) Destiny -PS3
50. (45) Watch Dogs -PS4

Top 50
PS4 - 16
PS3 - 11
PC - 7
360 - 4
XBO - 4
3DS - 4
WII - 3
WIIU - 1

Xater

Interesting that the special edition is the thing that is still left in the German charts. It really seems like mostly just Nintendo fans that bought it that didn't get to play the first one. Suspect next week it's out of the top 50 here as well. Sad state of affairs.

Xater

How did Advanced warfare enter the German charts ? Stores selling it early ?

Probably. Tuesday releases over here always get out way ahead of time if you know where to go. Getting them on the Saturday before official release is usually quite easy.

Moonstone

Mordor seems to sell very well in Germany. And it seems to be undershipped. I've been trying for 3 weeks to get the PS4 version on saturday at MediaMarkt but it was always sold out. They got some tiny shipments, though. Checked 2 other stores last weekend and finally found a copy at Gamestop (and it was their last).

Lords of the Fallen on #4 is also very good, compared to UK. But those fantasy games sell usually very well here.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Mordor seems to sell very well in Germany. And it seems to be undershipped. I've been trying for 3 weeks to get the PS4 version on saturday at MediaMarkt but it was always sold out. They got some tiny shipments, though. Checked 2 other stores last weekend and finally found a copy at Gamestop (and it was their last).

Lords of the Fallen on #4 is also very good, compared to UK. But those fantasy games sell usually very well here.
I feel like they could've marketed it as a German game more. I know it's only half the story, but we don't get many of those.

Good to see Shadow of Mordor continue to do well. Love that game even if it has its flaws

Sad to see SO open likely very poorly but that's in large part due to the XB1's poor performance in Germany.

It's still odd to me to see 3 Wii SKUs versus 1 Wii U SKU. Nintendo has really failed to convert whatever remnants are left of their Wii audience into Wii U owners

Also where the hell is Fifa XBO???

Moonstone

Wasn't in last week aswell.
Even though the bundle is 365€.

Games from official bundles aren't counted.

So SO+Fifa might have done a bit better, but I doubt that they sold a lot SO/Fifa bundles.
Both are currently not in amazon Top100.

It's sad, because MS did the right thing in focusing on FIFA to capture Europe. That was a good move. They invested a lot for the exclusive DLC and subsidized the bundles.
But apparently nobody cares about the exclusive Peter Schmeichel DLC. All FIFA-Dudebros have a Playstation.

Last generation when 360 did quite well - it was the same. When FIFA 360 sold barely more than 200k copies, PS3 FIFA sold more than 1 million. That's a 5:1 ratio, while the hardware ratio was more like 2:1.

Xando

So SO+Fifa might have done a bit better, but I doubt that they sold a lot SO/Fifa bundles.

It's sad, because MS did the right thing in focusing on FIFA to capture Europe. That was a good move. They invested a lot for the exclusive DLC and subsidized the bundles.
But apparently nobody cares about the exclusive Peter Schmeichel DLC. All FIFA-Dudebros have a Playstation.

Last generation when 360 did quite well - it was the same. When FIFA 360 sold barely more than 200k copies, PS3 FIFA sold more than 1 million. That's a 5:1 ratio, while the hardware ratio was more like 2:1.

I thought the Gfk charts count bundles ? Is the german chart not from Gfk?

Moonstone

I thought the Gfk charts count bundles ? Is the german chart not from Gfk?

Numbers are from GfK but in germany they don't count bundled games for public charts. German charts are actually published by media control - GfK is the mother company which delivers the numbers. UK charts are published by charttrack - they are owned by GfK but they handle it different. GfK usually relys on a local partner and let the partner handle it. This is the reason why we get different charts for all european countries, although GfK tracks nearly all EU countries. In some countries we get only the Top 5, other countries publish monthly charts and so on. GfK might have numbers about bundles and they just publish it this way in germany, or their retail partners track it different than in countries like UK. Europe is always a mess.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Which is quite sad, isn't it?

It is, tho remember that the X1's biggest seller is the FIFA 15 bundle and those don't get counted for the charts, so the numbers are skewed towards the Wii but yeah, existing X1 owners are so few that they get outnumbered by people buying FIFA on Wii, especially when everyone and their mom had the console modded over here... regardless, the bone's utterly tragic situation is MS' own goddamn fault, they only have their management to blame and (at least over here, imo) it will never recover over the course of the whole generation. That ship's already sailed, that much is clear: mindshare is at such levels that the Xbox brand might as well not even exists beyond mildly appealing to hardcore gamers buying multiple consoles; no casual would ever consider buying one, the gap will get bigger and bigger and come this Christmas it'll be way past any outsold percentage ratio the X360 has ever been in compared to the PS3, especially with the newest offer from Sony where they'll give you €150 back for your PS3/X360 (*ANY* working MODEL!) when buying a PS4 regardless of the retailer... all you need is the proof of purchase.

I haven't seen a single FH2 commercial EVER, meanwhile I still see the Driveclub's bundle TV spot pretty regularly.

N.Domixis

Banned

Ea is stupid for backing the xbo1, imagine how much more fifa would be selling if they advertised along ps4.

Raist

Banned
Some numbers would have been nice.

Did we know about the 700k sold in 2 days in PAL regions? Not that it matters now I guess.

MCV Pacific has a similar article with this bit:
Luis Gil, of NPD Group Australia added, “the Console Hardware category in Australia has more than doubled in value since release of 8th Generation Hardware in 2013. PlayStation 4 accounted for a substantial 44% of the total category value since its launch”.

Top Bottom