• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile 2 is coming to Consoles | State of Play

Isa

Diablo 4 was a big disappointment for my gaming group so we are hopeful this does alright. Looks good enough. I'll try couch co-op with my GF.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
A game that has WASD and will feel great on an analog stick. Very excited for this game. Will still probably play on PC with a controller though lol.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I was never interested in Diablo, but this looks really cool. The visuals are great, too, and it seems like controllers would be a good option as well.

I'm VERY interested now.

dreamstation

Gold Member
They sort of had to do cross play and cross progression after D4 did it but local co-op is completely unexpected and is an awesome inclusion especially after Blizzard dropped it in D4.

DavidGzz

They sort of had to do cross play and cross progression after D4 did it but local co-op is completely unexpected and is an awesome inclusion especially after Blizzard dropped it in D4.

It's exactly the same as D4. 2 player local co-op.

Anyway, this looks so clean. I can't wait!

NT80

The way it's been described that this game is more action oriented and a lot more difficult at the start. I really like the sound of that and the new controls. So many of these type of games in recent years start off far too easy and don't ramp up until much further in by which time I'm bored. Diablo 1 was punishing from the beginning and Diablo 2 was at least medium difficulty. Offline co-op is very welcome and something we don't see much nowadays.

Last edited:

Zheph

The constant bickering with D4 is quite cringe, one is much more casual than the other and there is nothing wrong with that

I really look forward to PoE2 and the cross-progression is a massive, sorely missed in PoE1

DavidGzz

I'm not a D4 hater, I am 150 hours into the latest season and have hundreds more hours in it than I ever racked up in PoE. But I do think this has the potential to be a lot better. It's essentially combining my favorite two genres. Souls and Diablo. Like No Rest for the Wicked but with a complete ARPG experience. Also, Paladin for the win. Still mad D4 doesn't have sword and board. The Necro doesn't count.

DavidGzz

You are right. Playing on PC I completely forgot about that. It's 2 players instead of 4 like on Diablo 3.

Actually, I am not, I just watched the video again and Trevor Gamon said that same screen co-op is available on PC as well. That's awesome. He says it at 6:19. In this vid:

Yes, squeeze that diablo out and make it f2p to make it appetizing when in actual it drags you to MTX pit of death. Good going gaas shit.

Tomeru

You laughed your ass off at the game being called a clone like it was some original work. It may have improved the formula for some, but it's still a clone.
If you wouldve read calmly and get your panties in a bunch about it, you would clearly see my issue is treating a game, which is head and shoulders above the rest in the arpg genre as a simple clone.

Poe was an evolution of tge formula since its inception, and has redifined ehat can be done in as arpg tkme dnd time again.

And since you brought it up - I love D2 dearly, but it has nothing on poe gameplay wise.

DavidGzz

If you wouldve read calmly and get your panties in a bunch about it, you would clearly see my issue is treating a game, which is head and shoulders above the rest in the arpg genre as a simple clone.

Poe was an evolution of tge formula since its inception, and has redifined ehat can be done in as arpg tkme dnd time again.

And since you brought it up - I love D2 dearly, but it has nothing on poe gameplay wise.

I think the same thing about PoE 1. It's gameplay is terrible and PoE 2, thankfully plays nothing like it. Wading through screens as they explode and leaping like a mad man is no game to me. It's ADHD trash. D3 and D4 both play much better. PoE2 is marrying Souls and Diablo so it thankfully looks way more interesting.

PoE2 looks like the true evolution the genre needed gameplay wise. Just a skill forest ain't it

Last edited:

Tomeru

I think the same thing about PoE 1. It's gameplay is terrible and PoE 2, thankfully plays nothing like it. Wading through screens as they explode and leaping like a mad man is no game to me. It's ADHD trash. D3 and D4 both play much better. PoE2 is marrying Souls and Diablo so it thankfully looks way more interesting.

PoE2 looks like the true evolution the genre needed gameplay wise. Just a skill forest ain't it
Cool, doesn't change facts. Also, the only disrespecting being done here is coming from you.

DavidGzz

Cool, doesn't change facts. Also, the only disrespecting being done here is coming from you.

I stated a fact about you laughing your ass off and then posted my opinion of the game being bad. You assumed my demeanor and then told me to get my panties out of a bunch, so not so sure what you mean.

Top Bottom