• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: No Horizon Lego Adventures reveal today | State of Play games leaked

If actually having expectations as customers makes us baddies then I'm fine with that. Not going to kiss a corporation's ass.

Wow me and I'll buy your product. Don't and I won't. Just that simple.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

You're not a baddie you're just a cunt

King Dazzar

Showcase nearer Pro release sounds logical. But that's not a reason to not also give us a great State Of Play. Scanning the leaked list, it looks disappointing though.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
It makes sense for Sony to have their big showcase in September like they have done in the past. Console sales are minimal and game releases sparse in general over the summer. These big June showcases just seem to be an artifact from E3 days. Hit them with the PS5 Pro the 2nd week of September like they did with the PS4 Pro. Hopefully then they can share some big hitters for 2025.

bender

What time is it?
If all I get from this is Astrobot.... I think I'll be ok.

Not a knock on Astrobot as both Rescue Mission and Playroom room were a lot of fun and rock solid but I do wonder how a more fleshed out version of the series will be without the reliance of showcasing VR or the Dualsense will be and probably leaning way less into the nostalgia play found in Playroom. It still has my attention though along with MonHon. Can't say I care about most of the rest of the list save for seeing just how terrible SH2 will be.

Embearded

She looked fine in the first game until they fattified her for the sequel and gave her the normal westernized female look. Good for you if you like her that way.
She looks fine in the second one, even though they changed her a little yes.
If you think she looks like the picture you posted, you need to get your eyes or your brain checked.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
She looks fine in the second one, even though they changed her a little yes.
If you think she looks like the picture you posted, you need to get your eyes or your brain checked.

I dont need to get anything checked. Obviously its an exaggeration knitwit. Yes of course, im the only person alive who thinks she looks different in the 2nd game compared to the first. Yall can go gaslight somewhere else LOL

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Guess this means Phantom Blade Zero is sticking with a 2024 release, and Concord is still on track. Good news, now let’s see that new Astrobot.

Killjoy-NL

List of games supposedly shown tonight:

• Where Winds Meet
  • Until Dawn
  • AstroBot (sequel?)
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • God of War Ragnarök PC
  • Concord
  • Aliens VR
  • Marvel Rivals Console Port Announcement
  • A new Five Nights at Freddy’s
  • A new Dynasty Warrior
  • Path of Exile 2
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
  • Phantom Blade Zero
  • ‘A New Game from the Middle East’
Until Dawn
Monster Hunter
Concord
Aliens VR
Path of Exile 2

Sounds solid, also good to know that I can just catch up tomorrow morning.

Fake

Man, the State of Play not even happen and is already shit lmao.

Good luck to the brave and stunning warriros that gonna watch for us.

edit: Lmao at people defending Aloy uglyness in the sequel.

Last edited:

Saber

Tending to be true, as the list it's incredibly garbage, which is something State of Play would most likely do.

Horizon LEGO at a showcase lmao. Who asked for this

Probably the few soycucks who were mad at people for saying State of Play is not good.

Last edited:

Embearded

I dont need to get anything checked. Obviously its an exaggeration knitwit. Yes of course, im the only person alive who thinks she looks different in the 2nd game compared to the first. Yall can go gaslight somewhere else LOL

You could post two screenshots side by side, but you posted a single picture without context in the Lego Horizon thread...
And don't worry, i am sure you can have a chat with people who have the same ideas in the doctors waiting room. Plenty of you guys out there.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
You could post two screenshots side by side, but you posted a single picture without context in the Lego Horizon thread...
And don't worry, i am sure you can have a chat with people who have the same ideas in the doctors waiting room. Plenty of you guys out there.

Ok you're the one here defending them uglifying aloy and pretending it doesn't exist but im the one who wants to sit in the dr's waiting room, whatever the fuck that means you quack.

Yes, i need to post side by side shots so you can then continue to attempt to gaslight and say they arent real.....and let me guess, western devs arent making women ugly either right? That whole trend is just a part of our imagination.

Another asshole for the ignore list.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Bro there are like 800 LEGO games
There's 800 of every type of game.
People didn't generally care about Rollerdome or Bugsnax or even Returnal either.
On the other platform, people didn't care about As Dusk Falls or Pentiment or Hi-Fi Rush for all the bluster about them.

And Horizon is not the franchise that Hermann thinks it is.
Eh, first game sold 18 million on PS alone, and the second was at over 8 last time they gave figures. And that was with an experimental early PS+ release.

If there's any of Sony's franchises that suits Lego, it's Horizon. I don't care about this game, but hey. It's something "different".

reinking

Gold Member
If actually having expectations as customers makes us baddies then I'm fine with that. Not going to kiss a corporation's ass.

Wow me and I'll buy your product. Don't and I won't. Just that simple.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
I 100% agree. I just have lower expectations. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Tracee Ellis Ross Mom GIF by ABC Network

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
  • A new Dynasty Warrior
  • Path of Exile 2
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
  • Phantom Blade Zero
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Glad Ill be driving home during this whole thing. What a waste. Dont even remember the last time I was actually excited for any of these showcases.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
  • A new Dynasty Warrior
  • Path of Exile 2
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
  • Phantom Blade Zero
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Glad Ill be driving home during this whole thing. What a waste. Dont even remember the last time I was actually excited for any of these showcases.

I just dont get all the love for all of these superhero games that are all the same shit....

GymWolf

Gold Member
29 min of mh wilds gameplay and everything else condensed into the remaining 1 min could be the saving grace of this event.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

MH Wilds and Until Dawn are about the only two things i'm interested in, but having already played Until Dawn when it first came out it's nothing I'd pay full price for without some substantially overhauled story (unless they offer like a $10-20 upgrade path for OG owners)

• A new Dynasty Warrior
  • Path of Exile 2
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
  • Phantom Blade Zero

Yea I don't get excited for this stuff at all anymore. Oh well doesn't really matter to me anyways I got a pile of games still waiting to play. Sony and their studios can take their time.

Last edited:

mrqs

PlayStation really can't do anything as close as it was doing back when we had PSX/real events. This is ridiculous. They really need more studios, with this cadency I wonder how people will react.

King Dazzar

Thank goodness for that. Its one thing to have a potentially poor State Of Play, but adding Lego into the mix as some sort of recompense would just fuck me off.

Shinobi on the other forum said multiple press previews coming out of SGF. Should be Concord, which gives me higher hopes on it.

If Concord and Astrobot both land well, it will round out a really solid year

Top Bottom