• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile 2 is coming to Consoles | State of Play

geary

GGG would admit it themselves. Without D2 they would have never made PoE. No need to disrespect the grandfather of the genre just because you think the newest Diablos aren't good.
By that rule every game done today is a clone because someone in 1990 made the first game in the genre. The disrespect is towards PoE, calling it a clone.

Švejk

For some reason, the first one is free on PSN the other day. It may still be.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
My stance on the whole clone argument is...

Yeah it's a clone, but when it's superior to the source material you ought not to call it that. It's like calling COD a Medal of Honor clone or midnight club a midtown madness clone- it's true but no one really cares about the latter anymore. Clone is derogatory.

DavidGzz

By that rule every game done today is a clone because someone in 1990 made the first game in the genre. The disrespect is towards PoE, calling it a clone.

Clone seems to upset you all. Maybe a better term is Diablo-like. The way Lies of P is Bloodborne-like. And no, Wolfenstein and Half life aren't a like how D2 and PoE are. The biggest difference with PoE and D2 are that one has fugly ass in game armors so that they can sell you cosmetics. That will be the worst part about PoE2.

March Climber

Gold Member
Tomeru, DavidGzz, thanks for ruining the thread, morons.
My stance on the whole clone argument
I'm still perplexed as to why this argument even happened in the first place lol. There are thousands of video games. Games copy other games. Sometimes they make refinements or add their own differences. Sometimes they don't. Everyone already knows this.

I suppose it's disrespectful to constantly refer to a game as '_____-clone' instead of it's title like 64bitmodels 64bitmodels is stating, but I feel like quite a few people here constantly disrespect other soulslikes that aren't made by Fromsoft, so I got used to it 🤷‍♂️

Bry0

For some reason, the first one is free on PSN the other day. It may still be.

It’s free 2 play

March Climber

Gold Member
I really hope that they put PoE 1's content into PoE 2. PoE 2 looks like it's going to be way more fun and fluid to play on a console controller.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'm still perplexed as to why this argument even happened in the first place lol. There are thousands of video games. Games copy other games. Sometimes they make refinements or add their own differences. Sometimes they don't. Everyone already knows this.

I suppose it's disrespectful to constantly refer to a game as '_____-clone' instead of it's title like 64bitmodels 64bitmodels is stating, but I feel like quite a few people here constantly disrespect other soulslikes that aren't made by Fromsoft, so I got used to it 🤷‍♂️
Clone chart:

Superior to its source material: "spiritual successor, inspired by, the x game y company won't give us, etc"
Equal in quality: "x-like"
Worse: "ripoff, clone, trend chasing trash"

Hope this helps!

March Climber

Gold Member
Clone chart:

Superior to its source material: "spiritual successor, inspired by, the x game y company won't give us, etc"
Equal in quality: "x-like"
Worse: "ripoff, clone, trend chasing trash"

Hope this helps!
You should send this to DavidGzz and Tomeru lol.

My chart is much simpler and easygoing:

• Your game is good.
  • Your game is mediocre.
  • Your game is bad.
  • Nothing else matters.

Top Bottom