• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: No Horizon Lego Adventures reveal today | State of Play games leaked

Alebrije

8mnuGlJ.png
Lego should do a collectors box for this , would need like 25,000 pieces...

Ozriel

M$FT
Stop complaining.

It’s clear Sony’s gearing got a mega showcase for late this year to launch the PS5 Pro. It’s great we get to see the major reveals running on more modern hardware, with frame gen and boosted resolutions.

Eh, first game sold 18 million on PS alone, and the second was at over 8 last time they gave figures. And that was with an experimental early PS+ release.

If there's any of Sony's franchises that suits Lego, it's Horizon. I don't care about this game, but hey. It's something "different".
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

They were giving it away for free and I still can't be assed to download it after claiming it.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Wait, Lego Horizon is an actual Horizon game? I thought it was just a coincidence like Forza Horizon. What the fuck, why? Not real.

Cyborg

Jeff was on point..... lots op bitching about ''there is no showcase in May'' then it gets announced and now we are complaining it's not good :)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Stop complaining.

It’s clear Sony’s gearing got a mega showcase for late this year to launch the PS5 Pro. It’s great we get to see the major reveals running on more modern hardware, with frame gen and boosted resolutions.
24 hours ago: oh fuck there’s a State of Play tomorrow, IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!!!

Now: stop complaining guys, I’m sure Sony is saving up all the good stuff for later

Next gen dynasty warriors might be cool… what is this list. Hopefully better than it seems - what is “concord”?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
24 hours ago: oh fuck there’s a State of Play tomorrow, IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!!!

Now: stop complaining guys, I’m sure Sony is saving up all the good stuff for later

This would make sense if I ever said anything in line with that first paragraph.

Personally, I’m happy with the leaked list.

Phantom Blade Zero looked fucking amazing on the reveal, the fact it's appearing again 1 year later makes me believe it may not be vaporware after all :)

Fingers crossed for that one having a release date. Remaining of the games, leaked, absolutely don't care. Sick and tired of fucking re-releases from 1 gen ago or games that are already on PC.

Hunnybun

Not sure why there's so much wailing about the lineup. Once it was announced as a State of Play it was clear there'd be no big announcements.

Personally it'll be worth it for me just to see Astrobot. Until Dawn and Concord are nice bonuses. Honestly, it's more than I was expecting.

Roxkis_ii

Just when I thought I set my expectations low enough, I'm still a little disappointed. Not seeing anything that would interest me for real.

I agree don't even need to wow me at this point just get me to feel something other than wtf is this crap
People keep forgetting that their biggest studios released games on the PS4 about a year or two before the PS5 launched, they had covid hitting them early in development of the new games they are working on, some games were cancelled and they were also having to get their engines ready to take advantage of a new platform.

I'm sure next year we'll see a couple of big games from first party but I'm not really all that worried about this year, it happens. I mean GOW was a PS4 game with a few visual upgrades and Forbidden West was a pretty game but honestly the performance mode took months to fix visually and that story was terrible, the gameplay didn't get any meaningful upgrades either, that game should have been in pre production longer IMO.

To be honest none of the sequels they've released on PS5 are as good as the PS4 games they followed. Other than H:FW they've been really good games (I doubt I'll buy another Horizon) but I think God of War and Spider-Man/Miles Morales were better games overall than Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2, at least from a story perspective.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
seriously, like who gives a fuck about this crap ?
please cancel it.

Mate youve got kids.
You should know the answer.

When a Lego game does less than 5 million now its considered below average....they are constantly pulling in excess of that, I believe Lego Batman did like 15 million
So as a series its actually shockingly successful.........its only shocking for people who assume children dont play videogames.
Otherwise if your game series is constantly pulling ~5 million units without the overhead costs that most AAA games have......mate.

//DEVIL//

Mate youve got kids.
You should know the answer.

When a Lego game does less than 5 million now its considered below average....they are constantly pulling in excess of that, I believe Lego Batman did like 15 million
So as a series its actually shockingly successful.........its only shocking for people who assume children dont play videogames.
Otherwise if your game series is constantly pulling ~5 million units without the overhead costs that most AAA games have......mate.
my son plays roblox and fortnight or whatever its called and rocket league . 3 games I hate lol.

both my kids do not like Lego. let alone a horizon lego which doesn't even make sense.

I guess you are right as a series being success. but That was Batman. not a horizon game ( which i believe both games didn't sell that amazingly well till they bundled it with the console )

Last edited:

Fredrik

If actually having expectations as customers makes us baddies then I'm fine with that. Not going to kiss a corporation's ass.

Wow me and I'll buy your product. Don't and I won't. Just that simple.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
I wish I was that strong. Just saw in another thread that you don’t have a PS5, waiting to be wowed at PS5 Pro.
Unfortunately I was too weak, day 1 on Series X and 6 months in on PS5. It’s been a lackluster console generation so far, especially from a PC gamer perspective when everything gets ported so I rather play the games there.

( which i believe both games didn't sell that amazingly well till they bundled it with the console )
You are welcome to believe what you want but Sony has the hard numbers and fully understands how well the games are doing. Now if you believe the games aren't successful and Sony has no clue what they are doing well then I guess that is an opinion you can have.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Lol showcase at the end of the year for games coming out at least 2026 forward .. joke gen from Sony continues to deliver. Wonder how the fuck they intend to sell a Pro console.

LakeOf9

I don't understand why Sony thinks people give a shit about Horizon this much lol. Based on the push it gets you'd expect it to be even bigger than Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted, Gran Truism, or The Last of Us, and it's not.

Real talk though, has Sony ever done a State of Play without a trailer for something Five Nights at Freddy's related? I know it has its audience that cares but I'm pretty sure they aren't watching state of plays.

Top Bottom