• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: No Horizon Lego Adventures reveal today | State of Play games leaked

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
my son plays roblox and fortnight or whatever its called and rocket league . 3 games I hate lol.

both my kids do not like Lego. let alone a horizon lego which doesn't even make sense.

I guess you are right as a series being success. but That was Batman. not a horizon game ( which i believe both games didn't sell that amazingly well till they bundled it with the console )

Yup sounds like a child.

Lego Indiana jones did well sales wise........Indiana Jones......mate when was Indiana Jones even considered cool?
Like the 80s.
Lego Star Wars - Original Trilogy did some 5 million units.

The attached IP isnt whats actually the selling point....it helps, but its Lego thats bringing eyes.

nial

Gold Member
I don't understand why Sony thinks people give a shit about Horizon this much lol. Based on the push it gets you'd expect it to be even bigger than Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted, Gran Truism, or The Last of Us, and it's not.
Horizon Zero Dawn outsold Gran Turismo Sport, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us Part II.

LakeOf9

Horizon Zero Dawn outsold Gran Turismo Sport, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us Part II.
Yes, after being aggressively bundled and put on sale for $5 every other month

Overall as series, Gran Truism, TLOU, and Uncharted all drive interest and sales more consistently than Horizon does.

Nydius

Gold Member
The attached IP isnt whats actually the selling point....it helps, but its Lego thats bringing eyes.

Not sure I agree with the idea that LEGO alone carries the games.

Plenty of LEGO themed games from Traveler's Tales did poorly.
The LEGO themed 2K Drive didn't do well.
LEGO Speed Champions DLC for Forza Horizon 4 wasn't well received by players.

The IP absolutely matters, If it didn't they wouldn't attach it to behemoth properties like Harry Potter, LotR, and Marvel. But, regarding your comment on Indiana Jones, timing also matters. LEGO games were still a relatively "new" thing when the LEGO Indiana Jones came out and they rode on the coattails of LEGO Star Wars' success.

LEGO Horizon has almost zero mass appeal potential.

Embearded

Ok you're the one here defending them uglifying aloy and pretending it doesn't exist but im the one who wants to sit in the dr's waiting room, whatever the fuck that means you quack.

Yes, i need to post side by side shots so you can then continue to attempt to gaslight and say they arent real.....and let me guess, western devs arent making women ugly either right? That whole trend is just a part of our imagination.

Another asshole for the ignore list.

You posted a stupid picture that doesn't reflect reality.
You are the one claiming they made her ugly yet you haven't provided any reasoning behind that

And now you start making assumptions about what i would say. No i wouldn't say they aren't real, i'd say she remains fully recognizable and as pretty.

Ignore me all you want, you still need that appointment.

AREYOUOKAY?

Don’t worry bundles will save it. Horizon’s bundle buddy from the PS4 days could have still been around if they did one for Knack 2.

EHHtVRj.jpeg

Fake

Not sure I agree with the idea that LEGO alone carries the games.

Plenty of LEGO themed games from Traveler's Tales did poorly.
The LEGO themed 2K Drive didn't do well.
LEGO Speed Champions DLC for Forza Horizon 4 wasn't well received by players.

The IP absolutely matters, If it didn't they wouldn't attach it to behemoth properties like Harry Potter, LotR, and Marvel. But, regarding your comment on Indiana Jones, timing also matters. LEGO games were still a relatively "new" thing when the LEGO Indiana Jones came out and they rode on the coattails of LEGO Star Wars' success.

Friday Movie GIF

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Horizon 2 was fucking boring.
I had to force myself to finish it.

Yes the game looks amazing.
Yes the game is also bland as fuck

FeralEcho

Oh FFS,just Astrobot and maaaaybe Monster Hunter Wilds depending on how good the trailer is,they are the only 2 worthwhile things in there for me IF it's true....and IF its true then Sony continues to be absolute garbage compared to their PS3/PS4 days of SCE.

SIE sucks ass. Jim Ryan taught SIE well how to suck,he was a master at it afterall. And they should kiss the feet of whoever is in charge of 3rd party relations for the third party exclusives and collaborations this generation cuz they are carrying this gen for them while Sony Studios keep twidling their thumbs like a bunch of inbred children.

Slippin Jimmy in action sucking all the goodwill Sony Computer Entertainment achieved since 2009 and blasting it into the current worthless SIE:
suck my dick GIF

south park fart GIF

The whole "wait till next time for the big PlayStation showcase event" that's been going on for so long that it has become a meme, is starting to look similar to another occurance that took place in the gaming landscape but I can't quite put my finger what it was.....

nWlp4HQ.png

What was it I wonder....

QMgCeBh.jpeg

Hmmmm....

sorry to our boy adamsapple for the pic mention, don't mean anything by it,I just shamelessly stole it from google

FeralEcho

Also now I regret Bluepoint and Housemarque joining these hacks, we'd have had Returnal 2 and another amazing remake by now were they not busy for 4 years being forced to sniff Jim Ryan's farts.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Oh FFS,just Astrobot and maaaaybe Monster Hunter Wilds depending on how good the trailer is,they are the only 2 worthwhile things in there for me IF it's true....and IF its true then Sony continues to be absolute garbage compared to their PS3/PS4 days of SCE.

SIE sucks ass. Jim Ryan taught SIE well how to suck,he was a master at it afterall. And they should kiss the feet of whoever is in charge of 3rd party relations for the third party exclusives and collaborations this generation cuz they are carrying this gen for them while Sony Studios keep twidling their thumbs like a bunch of inbred children.

Slippin Jimmy in action sucking all the goodwill Sony Computer Entertainment achieved since 2009 and blasting it into the current worthless SIE:
suck my dick GIF

south park fart GIF

The whole "wait till next time for the big PlayStation showcase event" that's been going on for so long that it has become a meme, is starting to look similar to another occurance that took place in the gaming landscape but I can't quite put my finger what it was.....

nWlp4HQ.png

What was it I wonder....

QMgCeBh.jpeg

Hmmmm....

sorry to our boy adamsapple for the pic mention, don't mean anything by it,I just shamelessly stole it from google
You are exactly right ... the benefit of the doubt for me ended in the last showcase gaas extravaganza... people are blindly ignoring the time Sony takes to announce and launch their premium first party games ... anything announced in the end of the year showcase is not coming out before middle 2026 at best ... thats a mediocre first party output for two years 24/25 right in the middle of the generation ... and the Pro announcement will be great without fucking nothing.

Is the last ps console I buy at launch.. thats for sure.

Top Bottom