• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentiment completion rate is around %3 percent- Did you finish it?

Did you finish it?

• Total voters

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Source

10 minutes after starting the game, I felt suffocated and turned it off and tried to find out how many people had finished the game. I came across the above source.
Now that the hype has gone, can you share your views on this game? Have you finished it? How far did you go?

Here another source that says %2 percent of gamers finished it.

Update: I saw the comments about Gamepass and did some more research. It seems to do a better job on Steam(%25.7). But I still think it has a very boring beginning, I'm thinking of trying it again sometime.

Update 2: Orbital2060 Orbital2060 says it's %8,21(probably on Xbox Live-->Pc+Xbox?).

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Honestly, I always feel like there’s just too much to play, so I didn’t get into it yet. Seemed as though it could get interesting based on the trailer.

In the end, it’s a GamePass game, so most people are going to try it. But keep in mind it’s a pretty niche genre

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I never even started it.

I just knew it was not for me & I imagine this would've been the case for many that gave it a try due to overwhelmingly positive reviews.

You know what game has a surprisingly high completion ratio already on Xbox?

Hogwarts Legacy at a whopping 35%+ and it's quite a big game imo, it took me over 40 hours to finish.

Even completing all the friends side stories completion rates are at 25% each roughly.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I wouldn't take stats of anything seriously that goes onto gamepass. It's why the 'diamond achievements' are pretty pointless now as well.

Danknugz

i was trying to finish aliens isolation before it left game pass (which i failed to do) and i noticed that the achievement attainment percentages just for the 8th level and beyond we're all under 10% (game has about 20 levels) aka "rare" achievements so apparently most people only got to level 6 or 7 and then got bored.

kind of conflicts with all the hype about this game being one of the best stealth games in a generation. i noticed the levels got very samey after the 4th or 5th.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To be honest, I don't believe those numbers. There is something weird with the finish rates, there is no way over 30% of players played through Sekiro, something is off.
Souls games have been high lately.

Above is just one month in with comparisions to other Souls game's endings. I was LTTP for ER this January and I was shocked at how high the completion and Plat %'s were. All anove 10%-15% (higher before the recent sale that brought new players).

Last edited:

Kacho

To be honest, I don't believe those numbers. There is something weird with the finish rates, there is no way over 30% of players played through Sekiro, something is off.
FROM games seem to have higher completion rates in general. At least on PlayStation and Steam. I checked the Elden Ring stats on Steam (where I played the game) and all the late game bosses, including the hidden ones, are around 30%. Not sure about Sekiro on Steam since I played on Xbox in 2019.

ungalo

Achievements were buggy for me, it happens for some games. I finished the game but i'm not in the 3%.

I don't think it's suffocating at all, it's quite the opposite. It's warm-hearted, approachable and it takes its time. The atmosphere and characters are what make the game an enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately it's nothing more than enjoyable, it really lacks genius in every aspect.

Last edited:
I disagree. Check Sekiro for instance: %27,5 "Platinum" achievers.
From games are the exception, not the rule usually. A lot of great games (and I mean games in goty nominations good) struggle to get 50% most of the time.

As for Pentiment, that seems REALLY low, but feel like the numbers are most likely due people probably getting on game pass, trying for a hour and never playing again.

Roberts

A masterpiece. Top contender for the best writing in a videogame. Takes a while for you to get into it just like a beefy novel, but rewards you at the end. So, yeah, I completed it and planning on playing again to try and get most of the missing achievements.

I’m fully aware most of the people will find this boring. But so do most people find movies like, let’s say, Memories of Murder boring and I find that stuff so much more interesting than most of the mainstream stuff.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
The players that bought Sekiro are more likely to be Dark Souls/From Software fans, so the completion rate is higher as the player base for these games are more hardcore on average. Games on Gamepass are more likely to be tried by anybody subscribed, thus there's a dilution and many more will just stop the game.

DaGwaphics

Gamepass is always going to lower the percentages because you have a lot of people trying things and then deciding that game isn't for them. Those GP quests have added me to the statistics of quite a few games that I have never had a bit of interest in. LOL

Sometimes you find that oddball game that looks like everything you hate and yet you love it. That's what makes the discovery fun.

Bragr

Banned
The players that bought Sekiro are more likely to be Dark Souls/From Software fans, so the completion rate is higher as the player base for these games are more hardcore on average. Games on Gamepass are more likely to be tried by anybody subscribed, thus there's a dilution and many more will just stop the game.
Yes, but with almost every game, half the people that buy it barely play it. 30% is absurd.

What I think is going on, is that it doesn't track people who never got a trophy, so a huge chunk of players isn't tracked.

Orbital2060

Source

10 minutes after starting the game, I felt suffocated and turned it off and tried to find out how many people had finished the game. I came across the above source.
Now that the hype has gone, can you share your views on this game? Have you finished it? How far did you go?

Here another source that says %2 percent of gamers finished it.

Update: I saw the comments about Gamepass and did some more research. It seems to do a better job on Steam(%25.7). But I still think it has a very boring beginning, I'm thinking of trying it again sometime.
I dont think thats correct, it says 8.21 % on my achievement for Act III.

xrnzaaas

By 'completed' you mean people with all achievements? Because that would be normal if only several percent go for platinum / 100% achievements.

MagnesD3

Pentiment is really cool but yeah I doubt it would appeal to mainstream audiences at all, the things that are really great is the history with its neat time period setting and stylistic nature.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I dont think thats correct, it says 8.21 % on my achievement for Act III.
On Xbox, right? Does it count achievements from PC/Xbox app players too?

""By 'completed' you mean people with all achievements? Because that would be normal if only several percent go for platinum / 100% achievements.""

It refers to the players who finished the 3rd act.

Last edited:

Rac3r

Loop Tongue GIF by Xbox

Mercador

I played once, one hour. Never return to it. I wonder why because the setting (medieval) was exactly my favorite.

Top Bottom