• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Can Fly confirms that it is still working on the exclusive Xbox game; "Project Maverick"

Draugoth

Gold Member
People Can Fly is the studio responsible for Outriders, created in partnership with Square Enix and which was very reminiscent of Gears of War. The good news today is that this team confirmed again that they are working on a game with the Xbox, which should imply exclusive to consoles and PC, in addition to probably being released directly on Game Pass.

Klobrille shared this information on X/Twitter. On the job search page, People Can Fly states the following:

"Project Maverick is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Microsoft. The game development involves our European and North American teams."There are 40 open positions at People Can Fly for the Project Maverick team, including many lead positions. This likely means production on this project is still in the early stages.Career descriptions for this team mention "Knowledge and passion for RPG games" and Unreal Engine.

People Can Fly is the studio responsible for Outriders, created in partnership with Square Enix and which was very reminiscent of Gears of War. The good news today is that this team confirmed again that they are working on a game with the Xbox, which should imply exclusive to consoles and PC, in addition to probably being released directly on Game Pass.

Klobrille shared this information on X/Twitter. On the job search page, People Can Fly states the following:

I don't like the lack of polish and basic-ness of Outriders, I hope they get their shit together for their next game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Another Gears spin-off?

They made Gears: Judgment, which was ok/good.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Another Gears spin-off?

They made Gears: Judgment, which was ok/good.

The campaign was fine, but they completely butchered multiplayer with those maps, and don't get me started on the idiotic control scheme.

Darsxx82

Interesting to know what it will be. In the description it says "RPG", but do I identify PCF with shooting games and not making RPG games before?

When the size and direction of the project is presented and known, it will be time to evaluate it. For now it can only be said that XGSPublising has quite a few projects in the pipeline and it is time for them to be presented.

Excited for this! Outriders was well-intentioned, thoughtful, high quality… but rushed. And I didn’t like the *extreme* linearity of the game structure. Outriders basically played like a single-player MMO. Everything was instanced and segmented. Even jumping was a cutscene.

Aside from that, the game itself was promising and I wanted to like it so much. Very hopeful their next project gets the time and resources it deserves, and things are a bit more open.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Tom Cruise Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

adamsapple

But I was told 3rd party exclusives were bad! I guess Sony should buy them and force them to release only on PlayStation because that's the only way it's okay to have exclusives and the only way to compete.

What the fuck you on about here? It reads like MS is publishing the game and PCF are developing it.

Calm your complex, lol.

Last edited:
Even tho its unlikely that Maverick has nothing to do with Top Gun, im secretly praying its a crimson skies reboot or new game.

A man can dream tho right?

Fredrik

A Gears Action-RPG would be awesome, if they can keep the lore, design and attitude and don’t get forced by MS to ruin it to suit a modern audience.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
What the fuck you on about here? It reads like MS is publishing the game and PCF are developing it.

Calm your complex, lol.

Well i think because when Sony does publish a third party game. Sony constantly gets hated by that with the words “They are taking games away from us”.

So yeah, he does have a point.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Well i think because when Sony does publish a third party game. Sony constantly gets hated by that with the words “They are taking games away from us”.

No he doesn't, you don't have to lower yourself to that standard. The one time one document listed Bloodborne as an exclusive that Sony paid to keep off of Xbox, entire multi-page topics about meme-ing it were made. Don't forget that.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
No he doesn't, you don't have to lower yourself to that standard. The one time one document listed Bloodborne as an exclusive that Sony paid to keep off of Xbox, entire multi-page topics about meme-ing it were made. Don't forget that.

Never seen that topic...

adamsapple

Never seen that topic...

Must have been merged with the main topic at that time after the fact, but as you can see, searching for bloodborne brings 5 pages worth of results

VZwmSSh.jpg

Anyway, we have no idea what this Project Maverick is but based on the linkedin they are mentioning publishers by name, like "Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix".

Maverick is an MS published game "Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation".

Last edited:

Beechos

I think I was one of the few people who enjoyed outriders. I'm hoping the next gears follows in its steps with hero powers and rpg elements. Gear 5 and hive busters did dabble with these mechanics slightly.

Last edited:
I would be excited for this, but the People Can Fly behind Painkiller and Bulletstorm and the People Can Fly behind Outriders, aka. the most generic AAA game of the past few years, are not the same people. And the People Can Fly behind Outriders is doing this game. Y'all ready for more generic AAA gameplay, cheap enemies, and try-hard edgelord storytelling with insane amounts of unnecessary swearing?

Because I'm not. I'm supporting The Astronauts aka. The People Can Fly behind Painkiller and Bulletstorm and their game, Witchfire.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

What point? Nobody was even talking about this subject and the dude just came in here to put his persecution complex on display.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hoping for something with a fun solo campaign. PCF knows gunplay so shouldn’t be any worries there.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

I wonder if any wires are getting crossed here, because insider gaming says the Far Cry spin off is called the same:
The result was two Far Cry projects, Far Cry 7, which is Ubisoft’s next mainline title and is internally known as Project Blackbird, while its multiplayer game is called Project Maverick. Both games are now completely separate entities, with Maverick morphing into a Far Cry extraction-based multiplayer experience

Ozriel

M$FT

I don’t think anyone has ever made that claim for a new IP being published by Sony.
It’s just bottom barrel shitposting.

People Can Fly pretty much don’t own any IP of their own.

Top Bottom