• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People have started Comparing No Man's Sky with Starfield

Is Starfield, No Man's Sky 2.0?

• Yes

Votes: 192 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 12.4%
  • Starfield Looks Better

Votes: 128 26.0%
  • Twitter & IGN are crazy. These are two completely different games.

Votes: 111 22.6%

• Total voters
I have mad respect for Sean tbh. Dude never took the money and ran like most devs would.
AJaAtOW.gif

Anyone that isn't seen the similarities is in denial. I think it was a good choice of game to copy as well as FTL, it it's going to work out remains to be seen.

I warned people that it wasn't wise to overhype a game no one had seen, it's really hard for any game to live up to what you envisioned in your head. I think the original trailer was very misleading, it looks very grounded and unique but the game itself is a shooter, with aliens, etc, very basic stuff.

It looks technically very unimpressive and janky, with nothing current gen about it (and at 30fps on the XBSX). At the same time it is more interesting than anything Bethesda ever released, specially the part about managing your spaceship. First-person FTL sounds great to me. Manually mining and procedurally generated world all sounds terrible.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
1. It's in space
2. You can mine for resources
3. There are procedurally generated elements

That seems to be where the similarities end. I like NMS, but it's lack of narrative and direction is what hurts it. I hope this game will be a much different experience in that regard.

Top Bottom