• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
RiZ III said:
For those who had riculous expectations from the graphic quality of next gen games, I laugh in your face.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

*inhales*

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EXPECTATIONS!11!!? :lol :lol :lol

Razoric

Banned
WTF seriously is this a joke? Xbox 1.5? More like Xbox 0.5. These screens would have sucked in the late 90s my god. :lol

This has been such a funny evening. I first watched the our colony video, and that really pumped me up. Then, when I refreshed the gaming forum, perfect dark 0 images were released, and well...

From hard to flaccid in 60 seconds. Sony is supposed to making these sort of garguation blunders because their the king of consoleland, not Microsoft.

To be fair there is probably going to be 5 more months of non-stop work put into this game.

On the other hand... :lol :lol :lol :lol

<thinks about that render the other day and people claiming it to be realtime>
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hey, at least that X-Ray gun looks pretty spiffy with the skeletons.

Rare better do what it does best and delay that game a year or two. With graphics like that, there is no way that can be a launch title.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kobun Heat said:
pdo0ki.jpg

:lol

Her expression says it all!

As for the games,some looked great,others not so great.

Holy cow! You mean some games for the first showing are impressive and others not so. This must be the first time that's happened for a new system launch.

Overall I'd say meh. I know the system is powerful as hell by seeing the PGR3 clip for all of 5 seconds. Looks like several developers are going to need to do some major crunch time over the next 5 months to get used to the system. Microsoft hasn't learned how yet to only show a little bit of something good for several minutes instead of trying to cram several things into a short time frame.

PGR3, Ghost Recon 3, Quake 4, and Need for Speed Most Wanted all looked mighty fine.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
There are jaggies in these shots. There are fucking JAGGIES in these shots!

Oh MS is so screwed. DOA4 and this make Xbox 360 look like Xbox 1.1, not 1.5.

As an Xbox owner I am just not sure whether 360 is worth buying at this stage.

Amir0x

Banned
Nash said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/611/611184p1.html

"Eight games were shown -- seven viewable, one playable. Perfect Dark Zero was the only playable title, and it was underwhelming, looking early, dark, and chugging at under 20 FPS. This was clearly an odd strategy on MS's part. Why show Perfect Dark Zero to celebrities show don't even know who Rare or Joanna Dark are? Plus, Rare hates showing early games. Why would they show this before it was ready? We're not sure."

What the fuck is going on!

Don't you know? They want to recreate the experience of PD on N64, framerate problems and all!

Beezy

Fuck you Rare! Thats why nintendo sold yo' ass to the devil! I was actually gonna buy a fuckin Xbox360 just for this game! I've been waiting years for this game! How could you do this? *turns to board* How could the do this?! They let me down worse than Nintendo ever has with one fucking screen shot! How is that possible?! *wipes tear* Fuck it all man... I'm going to sleep.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
This is the caveat given as Botwood prepares to show off PDZ for the first time. Running on alpha Xbox 360 development kits (machines that possess only two of the three CPU cores in the final spec, as well as a run-of-the-mill ATI graphics card as opposed to the final, custom GPU set), the game is still very much a work-in-progress. But even at this stage, it's enough to see where they want to go with it.

This is a multiplayer-only demonstration. Taking a cue from Bungie, Rare remains tight-lipped regarding the details of Joanna Dark's single-player adventure. Other than vague descriptions of the plot ("Its general overview is how Joanna came to be the world's perfect agent"), promises of high-replayability ("It's almost like you can play it in an entirely different way each time"), and reluctant hints at a possible co-op mode over Xbox Live ("We were certainly interested to hear that Bungie had it planned for Halo 2 and disappointed to see that they didn't make this kind of game...it's something we're very interested in"), we'll have to wait for the curtain to reveal more.

rareside

Hmmmm.. I don't know what to think. Jet packs are cool (Tribes1 anyone?), but the graphics style just seems to compound the graphics whores problem. It's not trying to look realistic.

I like the nightvision thing too. At least you can be sure Rare will do some weird ass shit with their FPS style.

Perhaps I'm too optimistic.

MASB

To Rare: From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I haven't laughed this much in ages. You've been screwups starting in the late N64 era (earlier for some people) and have continued it through the GC, XBox and now XBox 360 era. The only way this night could be better from a Rare comedy perspective is an announcement of a delay to Conker: L&R.

It's just shocking! I expect Rare to be disappointments nowadays, but this? Oh well, at least MS got a great game in the form of Sabrewulf out of that $300 million. :p

I just don't understand what the Rare people spend their time on. It doesn't show up in the games, not considering the time they spend making them.

nitewulf

NFS and PGR3 did look pretty good...this game...not so much. more like xbox*.95, hell xbox1.5 would be shitlots better.
with one fell swoop, MS loses the console race.

Duckhuntdog said:
Somewhere in Kyoto, Japan, an old man cackles in mad laughter as he rolls around in nearly half a billion in MS' money.

lol. Speaking of Japan, how much longer till we get some Blue Dragon media?

dem

What i wouldnt give to be at the Xbox360 announcement at e3

Imagine when this turd hits the screen! :lol :lol :lol

rareside said:
Hmmmm.. I don't know what to think. Jet packs are cool (Tribes1 anyone?), but the graphics style just seems to compound the graphics whores problem. It's not trying to look realistic.

I like the nightvision thing too. At least you can be sure Rare will do some weird ass shit with their FPS style.

Or perhapes you're just blind as fuck.

Amir0x

Banned
rareside said:

Too optimistic indeed, because its graphics style has nothing to do with why it looks shitty visually.

Dalamar86

What the crap?! I'm so very confused... It can't be that graphics actually have hit a saturation point... can it?

Nah, PC games far surpass this, whats happenign here?

Drek

Plus, Rare hates showing early games. Why would they show this before it was ready? We're not sure.

Shouldn't that read "Rare hates to show games not delayed for the last three years until no one really even cares anymore"?

Oh wait, PDZ fits that description perfectly now that its been revealed and looks worse than Chronicles of Riddick.

Hollywood

Banned
I think this is Nintendo's master plan. They sold Rare, making an agreement with them beforehand to make mostly GBA games, infiltrate MSoft and provide them with shitty games, causing their demise. MASTER PLAN.

Ronok

After seeing DOA and PD0 are we really all that surprised that the only things that weren't leaked were the screans? It's almost as if they were trying to build the hype whilst they still could, before it all inevitably came crumbling down around them....... What a dissapointment. -_-

Bat

It's like the Saturn launch all over again. If you're gonna take the risk and launch early, you HAVE to have your shit together. I already doubted how many people are going to be motivated to get a new Xbox after only 4 years; this just makes things worse.

_Angelus_

Banned
CrimsonSkies said:
Holy cow! You mean some games for the first showing are impressive and others not so. This must be the first time that's happened for a new system launch.

Overall I'd say meh. I know the system is powerful as hell by seeing the PGR3 clip for all of 5 seconds. Looks like several developers are going to need to do some major crunch time over the next 5 months to get used to the system. Microsoft hasn't learned how yet to only show a little bit of something good for several minutes instead of trying to cram several things into a short time frame.

PGR3, Ghost Recon 3, Quake 4, and Need for Speed Most Wanted all looked mighty fine.

I realize that,and again-some looked great,others didn't. I still think I'm onboard for one later thuis year,because PGR3 and Madden looked pretty darn good. Its like I said,bring on E3 where we'll have a much better look.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I passed it a few pages back and I'm not going to go looking for the quote, but: nobody even start with the fucking "DURP THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR HIGH XPECTATIONS GRAPHIX WHORES". Anybody who expected PD0 to look like this needs my boot up their ass.

God damn, Microsoft. This is like Xbox 1 all over again. We just need a screen shot touched up with a big old lense flare to really get the party rolling.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
How hard could it have been to make Joanna look like this??:

Actually, that is the ONLY thing I kinda like in these shots. Joanna looks pretty decent and I prefer the new look to what we saw in the original renders.

Everything else is total shit, though.

Top Bottom