• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

Razoric

Banned
AniHawk said:
PSX FPS:
medalofh1.jpg

DC FPS:
outtrigger5.jpg

PSX --> PS2 was a pretty sizeable jump. DC ---> PS2 was not. This feels like another DC -> PS2 jump from Xbox to 360.

Except that GT4, MGS3, Chaos Theory, Doom 3, Halo 2, etc either destroy or are on par with every Xbox 360 game shown. E3 is going to be so freakin funny. :lol

Redbeard

Banned
Man, when they first showed the camera going up Joanna's leg, and finally showing her whole body, she looked great. It was like an ingame version of the concept art. So what the fuck is this timesplitters/second-sight bs?

I want to bash someone's head in.

kIdMuScLe

Ninchilla said:
I don't think it's as bad as all that. Yeah, it's a disappointment, but I'm not going to trash it right away for a couple of reasons. One, I don't know how old those shots actually are. I doubt they were taken on the most recent build. Two, those are all supposedly from multiplayer, and if Rare are serious about pushing fifty players on a map, then I can't help but feel that it might be sensible to make them less poly-intensive than one might expect.

The game's not finished. Judging by those screens, I'd say it's not finished by a long shot, but there's no telling how old that code is. So I'm going to keep my hopes for a good game alive for a little while longer.
Battlefield 2:
battlefield2200504280438353708.jpg

This looks better than perfect dark and i believe it will have 64 players at once.

Johnas

Duckhuntdog said:
From our good friends at Teamxbox:

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the gaming-age forums.

Microsoft is getting crucifed over there right now. I've never seen such glee and celebration from Sony and Nintendo fanboys. They're officially proclaiming the Xbox 1.5 as DOA.

Of course, they're so stupid, they haven't taken the time to stop and wonder what the repercussions are for Sony and Nintendo's machine. The graphics across all three systems will look relatively the same.

Oh boy, I had actually quit :lol for a couple of minutes, now this.

I may have to call in tomorrow. :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
Everyone is pretty much having good fun with this since its Rare.

The gameplay stuff sounds pretty ambitious and cool tho.

GhaleonEB

PhatSaqs said:
Everyone is pretty much having good fun with this since its Rare.

The gameplay stuff sounds pretty ambitious and cool tho.

Now that I actually read about it, it does sound great.

It just LOOKS like shit. :(

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
omgwtf i got up early for this?

media

I dont even mind the art, wheres the lighting? Looks EXACTLY like Tomb Raider legend, only thats a current gen game.

Reading about it, theres some cool ideas, but wtf rare, how can Kameo look so amazing and this so poor.

Kamtendo

Neo Member
I used to be such a big Rare fan. God this game looks horrible. Atleast Kameo looks good. I sure hope Rev and PS3 has something to impress me at E3. My 360 excitement has gone into the negative numbers. MS will surely recover from this terrible first impression. If not, we'll be one step closer to a one (less) console future.

Laurent

Calice de tabarnak de sacrement d'esti de ciboire de criss!

There's nothing else to add. It's Rareware! It always was Rareware... They died a long time ago, right around the time they published something called Jet Force Gemini...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Hey guys,

The game is probably runing in in "forwards compatible" mode. Don't jump to conclusions. Cheer up.

Dalamar86

Microsoft: Guys, we need to ask you a favor.

Rare: ?

Microsoft: You see, Bungie is not ready to show off Halo 3, we need a flagship title.

Rare: And?

Microsoft: And?! You are the perfect canidate with PD0. We need you to demonstrate it in our
MTV special.

Rare: I'm sorry, I don't think we can, it is only in early alph...

Microsoft: Nonesense, you need to have alittle more faith in yourself my boy. Look at you, putting your best efforts into this game for five years. I'm positive whatever you have is gold. I mean, we didnt pay 300 million for you guys for nothing.

Rare: Uh...

I actually stopped by the local Game Crazy and pre-ordered a X360 wireless bundle on my way home. (They're taking pre-orders; $25 down, no price yet)

Get home, turn on the TiVo and start the program. Skip the celebs. Skip the music. See five minutes of some "gamers" faces playing PD0 and a couple of glimpses of what looks like Counter-Strike Source.

Log on, check this thread, look at the 1UP screens.

Realize why they mostly showed the players' faces.

I'm not going to cancel the pre-order or anything, since other games I've seen at least look like a decent step above XB1 visually or gameplay-wise, but this is just... sad. This is MS's "Halo" replacement for launch. Halo 2 makes this look like a "meh" DC game.

This needs to be delayed until... Hell, why is it still in development? 50 player online (and is that fun, or a mess?) or not, I wouldn't play this game in this form with a bag over its fugly head.

It's been posted here plenty, but I have to ask: W. T. F. ?

I can't imagine how this debacle will affect the next EGM's newsstand sales. Sorry, guys. I bet they were as jazzed at landing the exclusive as we were to see it tonight, but I also bet they were just as dumbstruck when the screens for their feature came in as we are right now. What a mess.

Hollywood

Banned
m0dus said:
Are some of you becoming senile in your old age? :lol

Perhaps a reminder of what 1st gen PS2 graphics actually look like:

100422_full.jpg

100423_full.jpg

100424_full.jpg

I'm dissapointed too . . . but some of you really sound like you've gone fucking retarded. Reel it in a few dozen yards, and save your foaming at the mouth for E3.

The sad thing is, without reading your post I thought those were pics of that new 'possessed' game or whatever for next gen systems. :lol

Xenon

Holy shit! How can RARE suck so much!? Seriously, Project Gotham 3 looked AMAZING, there is clearly plenty of power in Xbox 360, but HOW CAN PERFECT DARK STILL HAVE A SHITTY FRAMERATE!?

Most of the cycles are taken up emulating the N64

fartblast said:
Halo was shown 6 months before it was finished and ran like shit but Bungie got it working in time. just an fyi

Halo didn't look like a friggin Saturn game 6 months before it was finished though. Just an fyi.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Everything but the cat is from Eurotrip

Someone played 'Scotty Doesnt know' at an open mike gig i went to last night, i nearly laughed the place down thinking about how hilarious that part of the film is.

Top Bottom