• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I do feel like playing Watch Dogs now haha.

If someone is wondering what are Samaritan's executive systems:

Inputs: Active
Preprocessing: Active
Neural Nets: Active
Pattern Recognition: Active
Memory Assimilation: Active
Machine Learning: Active
Evolutionary Computation: Active
Rational Agents: Active
Cognitive Architectures: Active
Heuristics: Active
Algorithmic Engines: Active
Social Engineering: Active
Autonomous Improvements: Active

I'm actually nervous at the thought of what Social Engineering and Rational Agents are.

About the Hackers and what were they doing, who knows, maybe there's still some tricks up their sleeves, because it couldn't have been what they did in last week's episode. That felt like "come to NYC, I need your help" while going to Cartagena felt like "something's going on down there" Maybe a way to fight back.

Yeah, the plan for The Irrelevant Seven (that'll be my vote for the next thread title, too) was The Machine's last ditch effort to protect its assets. Root even says stopping Samaritan was no longer an option once they chose to let the Congressman live. And the whole plan seemed partly improvised based on Root finding those servers to begin with.

Looking back at the speculation in this thread, most of us seemed to be thinking along the lines of the hacker group doing something to upgrade the Machine, or alter its code. I was still thinking that when Root stole seven servers.

That leads back to the question mark that is the location of the Machine. Control was still looking for it midseason, and Collier even asks Harold about it directly in the finale. It's not front and center in the story but it's still an important plot element. I was thinking perhaps the writers would be satisfied with having it simply be "out there" for the purposes of the story, but I have to wonder what else the Machine has been doing to prepare for not simply Samaritan but any impending "mass casualty" event (since it started taking these measures before Samaritan even appeared). We know its hardware was stored in a single location, before it moved itself, whereas Samaritan is hundreds of locations around the world (making it ridiculously more powerful; that was one of the more sobering revelations in the finale). But does the Machine even have a "location" at this point, or has it expanded now that it's free? If Samaritan and the Machine are going to war, this could be a potential plot thread in the fourth season. Decima could try to hunt down the Machine again if only to destroy it this time.

Nobility

Banned
I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning trying to wrap my mind around what happened last night.

After spending half the day thinking about it, I honestly don't know how S4 starts...

This show...

POUmT0B.gif

Sober

The official facebook page of this show is depressing, people talking about how they (writers) have ruined the show because it's no longer procedural makes me smh.

Do people really enjoy that procedural predictable garbage over and over? CBS has a shitton of procedural shows, why can't one show be serialized and awesome? I agree with Greer, humanity sucks, Samaritan should take over!
It's been like this every finale or midseason episode.

You have to remember not everyone is watching it religiously or following it so if they miss an episode or two then jump back in...

Phlebas

Banned
Time for the new Team Machine: Elias, Zoe Morgan, Leon Tao, the Stewardess and a Lazarus Pit resurrected Ulrich Kohl.

I want more Elias and Leon next season.

Also if one of the plot points next season isn't about trying to set the machine completely free, I'll be really disappointed.

The machine has to be able to grow beyond the limitations imposed on it by Finch or I don't see how they'll be able to shut down Samaritan.

ZenaxPure

So here is a random question. Season 4 episode 1, you guys think it will be from Samaritan's POV or the Machine's?

My guess is Samaritan given that the finale ended with Samaritan instead of the Machine.

Baskcm

So here is a random question. Season 4 episode 1, you guys think it will be from Samaritan's POV or the Machine's?

My guess is Samaritan given that the finale ended with Samaritan instead of the Machine.

i gotta admit i loved samaritans ui so funky as for the question def a samaritan start

Tugatrix

One episode about Samaritan and his agents eliminating dissidents, would really set the importance of destroying Samaritan. Then one episode of Root reuniting the gang and start´s the fight against Samaritan, one dissident at the time

If the Samaritan storyline spans the whole next season, I would love for a new titles from Samaritan's point of view, with Greer doing a version of Finch's speech.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, that Season intro is going to be awesome.

Let me suggest a title for the next OT:

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| There's Still One Thing in Pandora's Box: Hope

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
the talk of having a Samaritan graphic intro, and Greer doing the voiceover, gave me a whacky thought.

Have the season start off with a new cast, a cast of Decima agents doing "terrorist stopping action" and have Team Machine slowly start appearing in the background, up until they strike.

Well, I wouldn't want that show. Maybe a single cold open/episode, in the vein of Season 2's "Relevance" episode.

Some more titles (though I like The Irrelevant Seven)

All You Need is Hope
Hope is All You Get
Take Pandora's Box and Shove It
The Return of the Age of The Gods
Age of the Gods version 2.0
Age of the Modern Day Gods
Technological Conundrum
Still Calculating
Ghost in the Machines (maybe Capitalize and Bold the S, both as a plural, but also S for Samaritan. Could talk a mod into making the S red, if it's possible. Would stand out on the OT Topic list :p)

The official facebook page of this show is depressing, people talking about how they (writers) have ruined the show because it's no longer procedural makes me smh.

Do people really enjoy that procedural predictable garbage over and over? CBS has a shitton of procedural shows, why can't one show be serialized and awesome? I agree with Greer, humanity sucks, Samaritan should take over!

Fools.

Somewhere in the Ubisoft Forums are people who claim that Person of Interset ripped of Watch_Dogs :x

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Personally I cast my vote for "The Irrelevant Seven"

Ooooooh, I like that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
See you on the other side, Rhaknar.

"All You Need is Hope" is kinda growing on me, Lonestar!

Personally I cast my vote for "The Irrelevant Seven"

Now, I'm not saying my idea is the best idea.
I'm only saying it's the only choice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The little discussion between Shaw, Reese and Hersh about who was driving killed me, I want Hersh to join the posse in S4 lol

Lonestar

You're in for a treat, awaiting your reactions.

He's going to have 2 or 3 pages of finale stuff to read through.

Hell, probably a large chunk of this topic, seems like he's more or less blind posting to avoid spoilers (and doing a nice job of it, by the looks of it)

Juan:

Person of Interest Season 4 |OT| We Have to Go Back! to Colombia
Columbia

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also fuck you guys, Root x Shaw is totally happening
in my mind if nothing else
:(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if we can get DeafMutes into the show with the title!

Rhaknar

How did she get there so fast on a bicycle?

That too. Also, sucks to be Vigilance lol :(

Edit: Hersh :(
Edit: Well that was bleak as shit, and the show will definitely be different to say the least next season

Rhaknar

I missed John slipping about the machine to Fusco and Bear fetching the gun, casualties of watching at work with 1 eye on the door too see if anyone comes in

Rhaknar

Also, as many have said, I now feel like buying Watch Dogs :(

ZenaxPure

I can't see how anyone who don't like procedurals would enjoy PoI. Good 3/4 of it is procedural.

I can't stand procedurals and POI is currently my favorite show on TV. They've always done a good job at mixing the case of the week part with various ongoing storylines, all the way from the second episode. I don't mind it if there is a bit of both, but, 100% procedurals kill me, I've lost interest in all of them I've ever watched which is a shame in recent cases like Almost Human where I loved everything about the show, but, after the 4th or 5th episode I completely forgot it was even airing because I lost interest that fast.

Lonestar

So many of the stand alone episodes (which have been getting fewer and fewer) usually have a nice hook to them, and more than a few of them have reoccuring characters or events (Elias, Zoe, Leon, Rylatech, Vigilance). Even small time characters reappear, or are mentioned. The show just feels "connected" throughout it's run, even the stand alone episodes. It's not Law and Order, where 95% of the episodes might as well exist in parallel universes, because there's no growth or connection to the other episodes.

Where I felt the show "got it" in the connectiveness, is Zoe's intro episode in season 1. The bad guy in that episode was a pharmaceutical company that more or less was "done for" at the end of the episode. Most of the times on procedurals, you'll never hear of that company/perpetrator again.

Except, 10 episodes later, on a totally different mission, there appeared on a TV set, a report about the main guy at that company, being convicted of the crimes the police caught him for 10 episodes prior.

See: The Fix
See: Robert Keller

There are a few other similar things that go on. I feel other things will eventually come back in some fashion (The PI student, Alistair Westley, the Hacker from the 911 episode, The McPoyle Brother :p )

The show has too many connected tissue, to make me think of it as just "another procedural show"

Even Reese's bag of Guns from the Pilot is a reoccuring thing (he grabs it when they left the library in the last episode). It's even got a wiki page, calling it "Plan B"

Edit: for anyone that's visited that POI Wiki page, notice they've changed the look, from a blue background and The Machine-type functions, to a White background with Samaritan imagery (Red Triangles)

ZenaxPure

Except, 10 episodes later, on a totally different mission, there appeared on a TV set, a report about the main guy at that company, being convicted of the crimes the police caught him for 10 episodes prior.

I loved when they did this. Friendczar is another case, used it in other episodes when Finch was looking up people's profiles. I agree, it gives more life to the universe and makes it all feel connected.

Also wow the POI wiki, that is so awesome. Wonder if it will ever go back to the old look.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Called the ending early on but still a great episode. One of the best shows on TV.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/person_...ai_battles_and_the_root_and_shaw_ship-2014-05

Greg and Jonah Nolan talk about s3 finale and what's coming for s4 I liked this bit:

Is there anything else we haven't talked about for Season 4 that has you really excited?
JN: Bear's secret identity? We haven't talked about that one yet.

GP: We definitely need to have Bear flashbacks this season, I think. I definitely don't think we've utilized Bear as a surveillance tool as much as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom