• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskcm

worst part is im visiting NY in july with the gf so gonna have to resist looking up at every camera and seeing if it flashes at me.

Chariot

I wonder if Fusco is another wild card to both Samaritan and The Machine. I cant help but find it suspicious that John just so happens to slip up about The Machine to Fusco when there is a power outage and neither machine could detect this.
I think John just forgot that not every member of the team knows about that. Fusco is the only regular member who don't know anything, but that they know things before they happen. For all he know, Harold could have a magic glassball. It easy to forget about that, when so much happened regarding the machines and everything in Johns current month centered about that.

Leeness

i5klbJOYs73PC.gif

Pistool is niet biefstuk, hier neem je het, pak man

<333333 best dog. Did he have his bullet proof doggy vest on? <3333333

there is your answer.
Yeah but who knows if Fusco will ever do any research further on Reese' comments or not. Fusco has had more than a few bread crumbs dropped about The Machine and how it works over the years but who knows if he will piece it all together. That scene and Fusco's reaction could just as easily been swept under the rug by Fusco.
I think John just forgot that not every member of the team knows about that. Fusco is the only regular member who don't know anything, but that they know things before they happen. For all he know, Harold could have a magic glassball. It easy to forget about that, when so much happened regarding the machines and everything in Johns current month centered about that.
when I say suspicious, I meant more for the writing team not that John himself intentionally slipped Fusco information. I was just saying it was odd for the writing team to focus in on that with so much going on and all things considered with the power outage it might setup some interesting future events to keep Fusco relevant.

Chariot

when I say suspicious, I meant more for the writing team not that John himself intentionally slipped Fusco information. I was just saying it was odd for the writing team to focus in on that with so much going on and all things considered with the power outage it might setup some interesting future events to keep Fusco relevant.
Yeah, ok, that might be true. It's about time that Fusco enters the game.

fix that for you
Thank you, I like that fix.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So what about the actual ending?

aKzNmOO_460sa.gif

Yeah, the way the show ended, with the visible power of Samaritan being shown, made the hype for Watch_Dogs triple instantfy. I don't even care that's not a word.

Had some thoughts as I was trying to get some sleep: Can you imagine what Carter would be going through, if she hadn't died? She had just come to the realization that the Machine existed, and I'm sure over the course of the 4-5 months between where she would have died and Tax Day/Samaritan Day, she'd have pretty much learned everything about it.

The current 7, all appear to have something in common: No Families (at least current connections). Makes disappearing easier. Would they have tried to get Carter's son a new ID? Would she have to leave him behind?

Anyway, thoughts moving forward: I'm hoping that there were alot of thought going into these new ID's. Things like having houses set up that will totally appear off the grid, and give them communication between each other. I hope the Machine is working on something better, that will allow them to move about more freely.

I assume the Samaritan situation is closer to being like the Skynet from T1/T2, where there appears to be a central "core", a place that if you can get to, can shut it off (in this case, take possession away from Decima), and not the Skynet from T3, where the Ghost is everywhere (software) with no way to stop it (short of turning the show into the show Revolution and turning off the world's power).

I wouldn't mind having the world saved because Fusco trips over a power cord, if the situation ever comes up that he's at the most important power strip in history.

Some possible plot holes:

1. Wouldn't Decima know, by the multiple knocked out/deceased people in the Samaritan facility, that 2 people infiltrated the building, descriptions matching 2 women from the 7 DEVIANTS? The ones that it can't find. Wouldn't they think something's up, and either check those machines, or even just turn that whole building off, leaving it up to the other facilities?

2. Seems like no one told Fusco that "We out/drops mic" Wonder if he tries to get in touch with them. Wouldn't that open him up to being looked at by Decima? If anything, I think I feel the worse for him. He managed to get this "crazy family" that helped him become a better person, only to lose one to Death, and the other's just disappear into thin air. He's back to square one, with no one. Not even the corrupt cops he was with back in the day.

3. Wouldn't Control (at least) kind of think somethings up with Decima, and the situation involving the bombing? They are kind of lead away, but she must know that for some reason, Collier and Harold stay behind with Greer (before the bomb), and unless they move the body, they have Collier with 2 in the back, on the roof, and Harold's gone. Maybe part of the fix next year, is to have Harold contact Control. Gotta figure, if anyone can stop it, it would be the government. But then, they'd have access of Samaritan, and that's probably not good either.

I'm still processing this finale. Random thoughts:

- Hersh :(

- The HAIL DECIMA twist

- The fucking Kangaroo Court was alternatively messed up and lol-worthy. How Collier just nonchalantly blew away the President's Intelligence guy. Dude was off the deep end.

- Samaritan active, Greer giving it full control, that was fucked up. The Bad Guy straight up won here.

- Our heroes scattered to the wind :(

- Bear!!!

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Too many feels. Too many goddamn feels. So, at least right now Root's boys are safe, but they can also be Samaritan's targets. What's the Machine planning to do about Samaritan? The Machine Team is hidden... for the moment, but does the Machine have an actual plan? Especially now that Samaritan's higher functions are on and the motherfucker is sentient.

Season 4 Ideas:

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Get Greer

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Deus Ex Machina

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| It's not the end of the world... but you can see it from here.

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Hail Decima

Lonestar

Early ratings are in:

Well, it's up from last week!

1st (or tied) for the week with Chicago Fire. Both had 1.9 rating, with POI having 3.8 million more viewers. Hope it gets a tick up, would be nice to end the season on a 2.0 (which in today's TV land, is apparently great lol.)

Had more viewers than The Voice.

Also, Fox is now in 5th place behind CW.

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| We are all Deviants

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm surprised people are saddened by Hersch's death, are we forgetting that this is the dude who helped carry out the ferry bombing? Fuck that guy, I'm glad he's dead.

EDIT:

By the way my top choices for the S4 thread title would be:

Person of interest- Season 4 |OT| Welcome to the New Age
Person of interest- Season 4 |OT| Calculating Response
Person of interest- Season 4 |OT| Deus Ex Machina

Lonestar

Just think of it as Karmic Justice to die in a bombing he actually tried to stop.

But remember, Shaw and Reese did some dark, dark shit in their past, from orders given to them by the government, which the Ferry Bombing more or less was too.

tv9h5c3019cb4xgxqgzo.jpg

ZenaxPure

3. Wouldn't Control (at least) kind of think somethings up with Decima, and the situation involving the bombing? They are kind of lead away, but she must know that for some reason, Collier and Harold stay behind with Greer (before the bomb), and unless they move the body, they have Collier with 2 in the back, on the roof, and Harold's gone. Maybe part of the fix next year, is to have Harold contact Control. Gotta figure, if anyone can stop it, it would be the government. But then, they'd have access of Samaritan, and that's probably not good either.

I was wondering something similar, I found it weird that they had the scene where Control was trying to help Harold and then she claims that he could help her. I wonder if those 2 will end up as allies in the future.

Also I wonder how she will feel about Decima if and when she discovers that they were the ones behind killing Hersh. They seemed fairly tight knit (considering the S2 ending where she only lets him live at the reactor and has him kill off everyone else). Of course I assume she'd be upset to know that Decima killed all of those other innocent people too, I guess. But Hersh!

PolishQ

I was wondering something similar, I found it weird that they had the scene where Control was trying to help Harold and then she claims that he could help her. I wonder if those 2 will end up as allies in the future.

Also I wonder how she will feel about Decima if and when she discovers that they were the ones behind killing Hersh. They seemed fairly tight knit (considering the S2 ending where she only lets him live at the reactor and has him kill off everyone else). Of course I assume she'd be upset to know that Decima killed all of those other innocent people too, I guess. But Hersh!

I was thinking Control might also think something was fishy when she realizes that nobody saw the live feed of the trial. She could blame it on Vigilance's incompetence, I suppose.

Yeah with Hersch it's more just losing a compelling character. Part of that is because he was always a foil for John. Hersch gets what he deserves, though: going down in a bombing secretly planned in the shadows to look to the public like an act of terror? Karmic justice, indeed.

And, damn, his fight at the end! Using the guy as a shield? That scene when he turns around and gets shot in the chest, and then just drops the fool who shot him like he was nothing? Come on. RIP in peace you beast. That rivals anything Reese or Shaw has done.

Some possible plot holes:

Your second and third points seem more like loose threads that could figure into what's happening next season (certainly, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Fusco - and like ZenaxPure suggests, they leave it open that Control and Harold could still be useful to each other). But your first point is something I was scratching my head over, too. Even ignoring the two guys who get knocked out, the shipment was scanned in and received: seven servers, two days late. That's just a little conspicuous.

And after thinking about it a bit, I'm a little disappointed by the Vigilance revelation. It makes sense as far as Decima's plans are concerned (it had to be a long con, especially to fool a government with a program like Northern Lights) but I've never been fond of these sorts of plot twists, as they rely far too much on plot convenience. It also turns Decima into something more like a super villain - and this just after painting some nice shades of grey with Greer's backstory and dreams for Samaritan - and leaves a lot questions in the air.

This goes back to something I was thinking earlier in the season: what was The Machine doing with Root's hacker group, originally? When they save that dude from Vigilance, The Machine doesn't even know Samaritan exists yet. Why was he a necessity? And just last season, Decima was trying to get The Machine itself. What was Vigilance doing then? What was Decima doing before all of this? Have they been building their own Machine this whole time? (Seems like they must have been always working towards that goal, given Root's line in the finale about the hundreds of facilities they operate around the world, and Greer constantly going on about "what's coming" - they're nothing if not prepared.)

Chariot

2. Seems like no one told Fusco that "We out/drops mic" Wonder if he tries to get in touch with them. Wouldn't that open him up to being looked at by Decima? If anything, I think I feel the worse for him. He managed to get this "crazy family" that helped him become a better person, only to lose one to Death, and the other's just disappear into thin air. He's back to square one, with no one. Not even the corrupt cops he was with back in the day.
It's not like he had a way to contact them anyway. They just popped up or called him, when he was needed. For him it's just like he isn't needed. Of course after a long time he will ask himself if he isn't needed anymore or if they died in the explosion or somewhere else, but he just can't do anything besides running around on the street screaming "PLEASE LOVE ME".
Maybe he just goes on standby and makes a career in the police - that is, if Decima don't judge him for his past crimes.

Lonestar

Vigilance might have been a plan B, or just creating assests to use at some point. They were very small scale up until 2013, when he got the message about "ramping up efforts", which ties into about the same time that Plan A (Virus to gain Admin Mode, to locate the physical machine and take it) fell apart.

It's an organization that clearly already has access to alot of information, like the multiple projects to create a mass surveillance system, and might have known of the possibility that Samaritan might have worked (and disappeared due to Arthur hiding it).

A highly complicated scheme, to be sure, worthy of Sherlock Holmes/Moriarty.

About the Hackers and what were they doing, who knows, maybe there's still some tricks up their sleeves, because it couldn't have been what they did in last week's episode. That felt like "come to NYC, I need your help" while going to Cartagena felt like "something's going on down there" Maybe a way to fight back.

Patryn

Vigilance might have been a plan B, or just creating assests to use at some point. They were very small scale up until 2013, when he got the message about "ramping up efforts", which ties into about the same time that Plan A (Virus to gain Admin Mode, to locate the physical machine and take it) fell apart.

It's an organization that clearly already has access to alot of information, like the multiple projects to create a mass surveillance system, and might have known of the possibility that Samaritan might have worked (and disappeared due to Arthur hiding it).

A highly complicated scheme, to be sure, worthy of Sherlock Holmes/Moriarty.

About the Hackers and what were they doing, who knows, maybe there's still some tricks up their sleeves, because it couldn't have been what they did in last week's episode. That felt like "come to NYC, I need your help" while going to Cartagena felt like "something's going on down there" Maybe a way to fight back.

There definitely has to be a reason that they were specifically protected. I expect that they'll be important for at least the beginning of the new season when they set up the new status quo for how the team can help the numbers without being noticed.

The one question that I have is this: Is Harold now cut off from his money? That would be a massive change if they suddenly had to begin worrying about how to pay for everything they need.

LOVED the Shaw/Root interactions in this one.

tumblr_inline_mwvhepLH4O1s5tv9s.jpg

I'm surprised people are saddened by Hersch's death, are we forgetting that this is the dude who helped carry out the ferry bombing? Fuck that guy, I'm glad he's dead.

EDIT:

By the way my top choices for the S4 thread title would be:

Person of interest- Season 4 |OT| Welcome to the New Age
Person of interest- Season 4 |OT| Calculating Response
Person of interest- Season 4 |OT| Deus Ex Machina

Well, Hersh did go out like a baller. Killing all those assholes, taking a bunch of shots, and trying to stop a bomb from killing a lot of people.

'Welcome to the New Age' is reserved for Arrow Season 3 or Flash Season 1, bro.

ZenaxPure

Well, Hersh did go out like a baller. Killing all those assholes, taking a bunch of shots, and trying to stop a bomb from killing a lot of people.

I fucking loved when Hersh got shot in the upper chest or whatever, stood still for a second to take it in, then like throat-jabbed the shooter.

What a badass.

Lonestar

might be making this up, I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, but at some point this season, didn't Root put something in that rack (where their new ID's were). For some reason, I thought she did, and Shaw asked about it, and Root said something to convince her not to open it.

Trying to comb through synopsis and transcripts to see if I can find the moment I'm thinking about.

Wondering if the ID's were created and placed there "months ago"

oh, and CBS's schedule for next year is out. POI stays in this spot, with the new NCIS show as lead in, while the LA version goes to Monday.

Lonestar

We Hope that you Choke*

*Lyrics

Wake.. from your sleep
The drying of your tears
Today we escape, we escape

Pack.. and get dressed
Before your father hears us
Before all hell breaks loose

Breathe, keep breathing
Don't lose your nerve
Breathe, keep breathing
I can't do this alone

Sing.. us a song
A song to keep us warm
There's such a chill, such a chill

You can laugh
A spineless laugh
We hope your rules and wisdom choke you
Now we are one in everlasting peace

We hope that you choke, that you choke

I'm BACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

OMG PEOPLE OMFG !!!!!!

THIS SHOW THIS SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it just watched last 2 ep's back to back, I was on the EDGE OF MY SEAT HOLY SHIT !!!!

so so soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooood.

WOW truly insane, best series on tv in a long, long long longggggg time.
And wow just wow what will the future bring its truly amazing how this show came to this point.

I'm still processing this finale. Random thoughts:

- Hersh :(

- The HAIL DECIMA twist

- The fucking Kangaroo Court was alternatively messed up and lol-worthy. How Collier just nonchalantly blew away the President's Intelligence guy. Dude was off the deep end.

- Samaritan active, Greer giving it full control, that was fucked up. The Bad Guy straight up won here.

- Our heroes scattered to the wind :(

- Bear!!!

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Too many feels. Too many goddamn feels. So, at least right now Root's boys are safe, but they can also be Samaritan's targets. What's the Machine planning to do about Samaritan? The Machine Team is hidden... for the moment, but does the Machine have an actual plan? Especially now that Samaritan's higher functions are on and the motherfucker is sentient.

Season 4 Ideas:

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Get Greer

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Deus Ex Machina

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| It's not the end of the world... but you can see it from here.

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Hail Decima

Person of Interest - Season 4 IOTI The Good Samaritan

Person of Interest - Season 4 IOTI Samaritan Opposition

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The official facebook page of this show is depressing, people talking about how they (writers) have ruined the show because it's no longer procedural makes me smh.

Do people really enjoy that procedural predictable garbage over and over? CBS has a shitton of procedural shows, why can't one show be serialized and awesome? I agree with Greer, humanity sucks, Samaritan should take over!

Meteorain

Just watched the season Finale.

Oh

My

Lord

Shit is too real. I cannot wait for Season 4. POI pls hurry and come back.

P.S. Root x Shaw is the best, make is happen please

Tugatrix

The official facebook page of this show is depressing, people talking about how they (writers) have ruined the show because it's no longer procedural makes me smh.

Do people really enjoy that procedural predictable garbage over and over? CBS has a shitton of procedural shows, why can't one show be serialized and awesome? I agree with Greer, humanity sucks, Samaritan should take over!

Seriously?

How can people still enjoy procedurals?

Exactly the reason why I avoided the comments section of most social channels. I read the same thing on one TV website just hours ago, a lady saying that the plot has become so convoluted that she has to rewatch previous episodes to catch up. I was like "What the hell is wrong with these people? Are we even watching the same show?!"

Anyway, I trust that the showrunners know what's actually making the show tick and would not give in to those loud (hopefully) minority.

Tugatrix

Exactly the reason why I avoided the comments section of most social channels. I read the same thing on one TV website just hours ago, a lady saying that the plot has become so convoluted that she has to rewatch previous episodes to catch up. I was like "What the hell is wrong with these people? Are we even watching the same show?!"

Anyway, I trust that the showrunners know what's actually making the show tick and would not give in to those loud (hopefully) minority.

Fish memories that's the explanation

Somewhere in the Ubisoft Forums are people who claim that Person of Interset ripped of Watch_Dogs :x
I have video evidence that is not the case, Interviewed and ask them about this last year, they said its not the case, they did not know about the show until the revealed the game and people started comparing the game to the show.

Chariot

I have video evidence that is not the case, Interviewed and ask them about this last year, they said its not the case, they did not know about the show until the revealed the game and people started comparing the game to the show.
No, the other way around. (doesen't change, that its not true, since POI was out before Watch_Dogs was even announced).

But, I feel reminded of the Kimba/Lion King Thing where Disney to the day has the official stand, that they didn't know at all that Kimba existed. And I have to question the thing in Watch_Dogs, because the surely did research and there would be SOME trace with this big studio of that show. Can't tell me, that they just designed something without research of modern Surveillance at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom