• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This show, huh? And according to Plageman and Nolan they haven't showed the best episode of the series yet. HYPE.

Haha, I remember the freak out in the OT during the live watch of that episode. That morse code bit is definitely one of the most clever things they've done. I heard it at the time but didn't even pick up on what was happening and that it was part of the show (I thought it was a noise coming from somewhere else in the condo building or something) until Root said it. Blew my mind.

Cardon

Still catching up on this through Netflix and I just finished S2. Man, that S2 finale was brilliant. Show is just so damn good at building stuff up and injecting new elements that don't feel forced.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I totally hear it, my volume was a little too low last time

maaaan

Now try explaining this scene in a way to show off how motherfucking good it is for having this little bit of detail. I've tried, and it's hard.

Any other show would make this completely obvious to the viewer.

As an older viewer who has worked in a manufacturing plant, my hearing has some wear and tear, I didn't notice the sound. My hearing is not horrifically bad, just not this sensitive.

just finished the one where they get the Senator's number

maaaan

not good this is not good

this is going real wrong :(

Root save us pls

3/4 of the way through this Beta episode

"If they harm her in any way, kill them all."

Holy shit, Finch

just finished season 3

welp

Chrono-trigger-but-the-future-refused-to-change-300x225.jpg

so I went back to the season 3 ot

and saw somebody pointed out at the end of one episode the machine showed a probability of a mass casualty event

and i looked up the latitude and longitude coordinates

and it FUCKING MATCHES UP TO WHERE THAT VIGILANCE DUDE POINTED AT THE MAP FOR THE COURTHOUSE LIKE SIX EPISODES LATER WHAT THE FUCK

THIS

FUCKING

SHOW

LIKE IT WASN'T EVEN SOMETHING THEY FOCUSED ON

IT WAS LIKE A TWO SECOND REFERENCE BACK TO A TWO SECOND THING SEVERAL EPISODES BACK

GODDAMN
OW YIS ! :D:D:D:D:D:D let it flow soooo goood :D

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh god and I just realized that Fusco going "what trial?" when he met Reese on the street wasn't just a reference to the fact that the power was out and he was busy, but a hint that the signal was being redirected

FUCK

Season 4 Netflix

fucking WHEN

Lonestar

Did you find the Radiohead song ender to be about perfect?
Season 4's ender is perfect, too.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I remember saying that PoI is the show were shit is getting more real by the minute, and when you think it can't get any more real, it finds the way to do so. Also applied to S4. You're still in for a damn good ride.

Got to be honest. I dont really like the Samaritan storyline. The show lost something with all the escalation we saw in S3 and on.

Dont get me wrong the show is still great and I dont think its gone off the rails or anything and I get they need to shake things up to keep it fresh. I just miss the less sci fi tone and more cool spy shit tone of early seasons.

S4 has some great stuff though.
Cop Reese!

Chariot

I remember saying that PoI is the show were shit is getting more real by the minute, and when you think it can't get any more real, it finds the way to do so. Also applied to S4. You're still in for a damn good ride.
This is almost literally true seeing that Domain Awareness and the Snowden Leaks only happened after the show began. The show became reality and the reality became the show.

Chariot

Oh man, I didn´t know the high pitched morse code was a real thing in the episode...

wow, MIND BLOWN
It was so funny reading the initial reactions when people on internet discussions were confused for a minute because you either heard it or not.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just finished Season 4...

Pretty irritated that they apparently went with the "Shaw is brainwashed!" angle. Was her absence from the latter half of the season due to the actress being in something else and thus unavailable? The choice to take her out of the equation didn't help the show at all imo.

That final scene with the machine calling Harold "father" was nice, though.

also, RIP Elias :( Definitely one of my favorite characters on the show. Dominic was always a shit character.

Lonestar

Just finished Season 4...

Pretty irritated that they apparently went with the "Shaw is brainwashed!" angle. Was her absence from the latter half of the season due to the actress being in something else and thus unavailable? The choice to take her out of the equation didn't help the show at all imo.

That final scene with the machine calling Harold "father" was nice, though.

also, RIP Elias :( Definitely one of my favorite characters on the show. Dominic was always a shit character.

She wasn't in "something else", she found out she was pregnant with twins about a week into shooting the season, hence why she started wearing overcoats towards her last episode. She had the kids sometime around the airing of that episode, and it was originally thought she wouldn't come back on the show until a theoretical season 6. But with the shortened season bringing on the higher probability of the end, she's put in the work to come back for most of season 5. Her whole arc of disappearance was simply because of this. Odds are, if she didn't get pregnant, the midseason turns out completely differently, maybe even the whole 2nd half of the season.

It's unsure what kind of shape the character's in, as she's had a month or 2 of probably torture and other bad shit done to her.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I don't think anyone can endure 2 months of torture and brainwashing.

Her departure gave us If-Then-Else, which is one of the best episodes in the series, but it did clearly gave problems to the writers, which reflected in an increase of filler stuff.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thanks Lonestar, that makes sense.

And yeah, the episode was dope.

There's a POI panel at NYCC tomorrow. No idea what it is going to entail but since production on S5 is underway, perhaps an actual trailer? Some kind of teaser with Shaw? Actual info about when this damn thing is coming back?

Since they're already in NY, the major cast and crew should be there.

Goodstyle

Person of Interest Season 5 Teaser.

Spoilers!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/10/11/nycc-2015-person-of-interest-season-5-teaser-footage-revealed

GIVE IT TO ME. GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype x 1000

Edit: Kagari wants the new season faster than I do.

Every god damn second of this was incredibly quotable.

I am LOVING the fact that this show is willing to get more and more experimental. Reminds me of Buffy and Community in that way (although I think Community may have overdone it at some point).

Lonestar

Lol, that was great. Does seem like everyone wanted to play Fusco. Caveziel with the Hamburger chomp lol.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my God. That was amazing. I don't even know which part to GIF, but now I want Amy Acker to be
every character in the show

BTW, does this mean
that Fusco knows about the Machine now?

I finished watching the panel. Some thoughts:

Sarah Shahi for MVP. Great answers. I'm totally in love.

Chris Fisher directed the S4 finale and is directing the S5 premiere. Plageman reiterated that it follows the finale in real time. Says the opening is like being fired out of a cannon, has a ton of action. Can't wait.

A fan asked Jim if Reese will ever find love. He says for five minutes in 5x07, but I was surprised nobody mentioned Iris Campbell. Maybe Jim was being coy, but the fan didn't even ask about her, either. Reese promises to tell her everything if he survives, and he does, so... I'm assuming this has to be a pretty big plot point?

Rose Harper never comes up, either. The Machine lists her as an asset in that S5 clip but that could mean anything. Just a callback? Are we even going to see her this season?

Also, Shahi said she gets another episode like Relevance this season. Something that explains everything that happened to her in Samaritan's custody? Nolan to direct?
I can dream.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Getting hyped about the Relevance reference. Come on, Jonah. you know you want to. Don't let your brother get all the director glory.

Nobility

Banned
While it is a long shot, POI has a better chance of renewal from Netflix with the subject matter and the current influx of viewers already watching this show on Netflix.

Still...it's not a good sign and the switch will be hard to pull off. We (the fanbase) will have to push this hard against Warner Bros, it's ultimately their property and up to them to move forward with it.

Please, Warner Bros, I'm not ready for this show to. I have invested too much time into its Universe and characters.

klpW1Gq.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
they can't even get the fourth season up right, what makes you think they're going to fund a sixth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom